Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grudge
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was good being back out at the track tonight. I haven't been frequenting the track nearly enough lately because of the amount of work at the shop, but nights like tonight almost make it all worth it. [Wink] Just wish I could be out in my own car! [burnout]

It was nice to see all the old faces and meet some new ones. I enjoyed the wide spread turn out.

Also, I was very entertained by the guys formerly known as the "Primered Stangs"....lol [Razz] [Big Grin] Great racing guys and the cars look/run awesome. [Smile]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a good time watching tonight but wish I was running. Lots of nice cars out. The turbo AED fox & the TT grand national were both sick. StreakMatt's Fox has still have to be one of the most impressive out there though just because not many others are running 10.40's @ 136 with a manual transmission....The orange with white stripes Blown fox was impressive too....

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
I had a good time watching tonight but wish I was running. Lots of nice cars out. The turbo AED fox & the TT grand national were both sick. StreakMatt's Fox has still have to be one of the most impressive out there though just because not many others are running 10.40's @ 136 with a manual transmission....The orange with white stripes Blown fox was impressive too....

I agree with all of your picks. Our turbo car was on its second time to the track in 5+ years and with a brand new combo. So we were kinda doing shake down runs....lol [Wink] We ran it on Friday night and it was pretty consistent, but tonight it seemed like we either got a good 60ft, or some freak thing happend with the MSD Programmable ignition in high gear. Either way, the car ran great for the boost it's pushing!

--------------------
AED

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:

I agree with all of your picks. Our turbo car was on its second time to the track in 5+ years and with a brand new combo. So we were kinda doing shake down runs....lol [Wink] We ran it on Friday night and it was pretty consistent, but tonight it seemed like we either got a good 60ft, or some freak thing happend with the MSD Programmable ignition in high gear. Either way, the car ran great for the boost it's pushing!
For sure...What was its best time & what is the motor combo & how many #'s of boost? The car is clean as hell BTW....

[ August 17, 2008, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

The best pass was a 10.29 I believe, but again, the car did "flutter" in high gear and MPH was way down.

I'm really not sure if JeffS wan't everyone to know of the boost level yet, so I will leave that to him to post. But it is a 331 and yes, clean as hell. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
AED

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
9psi and nothing to hide. [patriot]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
9psi and nothing to hide. [patriot]

BS, there is plenty to hide in that car. I know, because I hid it! [Wink]

I blame the tuner anyway. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
AED

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take the shute off that car please lol. The shoot made you expect something and in return get nothing. I think the "primered" hatch could get a little more if it didnt swing right when launching, it does it so hard I always think hes gonna abort the pass then POW! 10.40S! p.s. that was a nice pit dude had huh? pss You ex primered guys are really cool dudes I think I like ya.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
Take the shute off that car please lol. The shoot made you expect something and in return get nothing. I think the "primered" hatch could get a little more if it didnt swing right when launching, it does it so hard I always think hes gonna abort the pass then POW! 10.40S! p.s. that was a nice pit dude had huh? pss You ex primered guys are really cool dudes I think I like ya.

The setup is built to run 22+ psi. When it turns 134 MPH trap speeds with only 9.2 psi, I think I'll save myself some time and leave it in place. It is just suspension tuning and FAST tuning away from crazy ET's/MPH.

--------------------
AED

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look at it this way, AED sticker on the back with a chute, its no where near needing a chute. People out of the "know" may look at it as a failure. I know you guys are good I make a friend wait to see an AED car with a chute that runs N/A times with a turbo. Youre all fired go ahead and grab your tools and go home LOL. P.S. the car I have for you is almost ready. A tad bit of wiring and fuel lines. And it didnt end up as ugly as I thought LOL.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Look at it this way, AED sticker on the back with a chute, its no where near needing a chute. People out of the "know" may look at it as a failure. I know you guys are good I make a friend wait to see an AED car with a chute that runs N/A times with a turbo. Youre all fired go ahead and grab your tools and go home LOL. P.S. the car I have for you is almost ready. A tad bit of wiring and fuel lines. And it didnt end up as ugly as I thought LOL.

The facts are posted. From those facts you should know the car is bad ass with a bunch left in it. If your friend can't justify that, how good of a friend is he? [Cool]

[ August 17, 2008, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
It was good being back out at the track tonight. I haven't been frequenting the track nearly enough lately because of the amount of work at the shop, but nights like tonight almost make it all worth it. [Wink] Just wish I could be out in my own car! [burnout]

It was nice to see all the old faces and meet some new ones. I enjoyed the wide spread turn out.

Also, I was very entertained by the guys formerly known as the "Primered Stangs"....lol [Razz] [Big Grin] Great racing guys and the cars look/run awesome. [Smile]

Hey good seeing ya Drew, wish JustaGT could have made an appearance [Wink] [patriot] ... Yeah Jeff S car is sick, Foxbody FTW! ...Yeah my cousin and I had a good time out there at Grudge, first time we've both been out in awhile. Yup we will always be known as the original Primered Stangs out at the track [Big Grin] I was happy to be consistant out there last night..
10.48@135.5
10.47@136.0
10.49@136.0
10.41@136.6

I just need to get my 60fts down some more. I think my ET Streets are done, over 100 passes on them [Eek!] .. Can't wait for the next one.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bobby and Thomas!!!

nice runs last night!!!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

sic ls1
¯
Member # 7036

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic ls1  Ford pictures for sic ls1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
matt what where your changes from when you where running a 10.6?

--------------------
1988 lx coupe. Exhaust,4:10's 13.6 @ 100mph
2001 ss camaro 11.55 @ 123 415/372

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
had a good time there last night. the car ran ok for getting it running 5 hours before race time.
made like 8 runs.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Luckily I could care less what "people out of the know" or yourself think of my car.
[burnout]

[ August 23, 2008, 04:07 AM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like there were some sweet running mustangs out there. Anybody get some vids? I want to race down there again this winter when it cools off...looks like I better step it up a bunch or I will be draging the rear lol.
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
quote:

Luckily I could care less what "people out of the know" or yourself think of my car.
[burnout]

personally i think it was sick! [patriot]
although it did not run the times of needing a chute......i know it there for a reason [Wink]

[ August 17, 2008, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: F8LSN8K ]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Purple Coupe
¯
Member # 6342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Coupe  Ford pictures for Purple Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
last night was a good turn out for sure, i was glad to be back out their too. just got to tune a few more things last run of the day i ran 11.32 @ 112 mid way through 3rd it started to crap [Mad] so i had to let out of it, going back this TNT on friday try for so cleaner runs [Big Grin]

--------------------
Custom Purple Coupe:
Best ET: 10.26 @137.11 so far...

Posts: 180 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like it was a good night.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Just a lx:
matt what where your changes from when you where running a 10.6?

The only change I made power wise was going to a 2.95 pulley on the S-Trim. With the stock 3.33 pulley I was trapping 132-133, now i'm going 135-136. Feels good to finally be able to pass Tech inspection and be legal! Even though I forgot my fire jacket at home last night [Big Grin] I'm going to be ordering some 26x10x15 ET Drags for the next time out, hopefully that will help the 60's a little more.

[ August 17, 2008, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: streakmatt ]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats guys. a few of my buddies rolled up to watch. I heard about the LX comin out Jeff! Wish I couldve seen the beast on some shakedowns!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice turn out guys... I ran a best of 12.5 at 115 on my street tires. Heres a couple of vids.

Nice run guys...

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/just1872/?action=view¤t=renoracingbella105.flv

Me and a pullied GT500..

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/just1872/?action=view¤t=renoracingbella099.flv

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There were some bad ass cars out last night [Cool] .

I on the other hand disintegrated my tranny in pieces. Straight up destroyed it cracking the case, 2 broken gears, bent/spilt in half shift forks. So I could not run no more & tech was gettin on me for not having a harness.

Jeff S nice ride bro sure that thing gona MOVE after yall work out da bugs [patriot] . Purple coupe & streakmatt, seen yall run together from the stands sick passes. What tranny setup you running streakmatt that thing holding up REAL good?

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Blue91LX
¯
Member # 8320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue91LX  Ford pictures for Blue91LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8stang8:
There were some bad ass cars out last night [Cool] .

I on the other hand disintegrated my tranny in pieces. Straight up destroyed it cracking the case, 2 broken gears, bent/spilt in half shift forks. So I could not run no more & tech was gettin on me for not having a harness.

Jeff S nice ride bro sure that thing gona MOVE after yall work out da bugs [patriot] . Purple coupe & streakmatt, seen yall run together from the stands sick passes. What tranny setup you running streakmatt that thing holding up REAL good?

Which car were you in? Is it the one listed in your sig? I'm not sure I have seen it. Or if I have I just haven't put 2 and 2 together.

--------------------
Late Model High Performance
AEDHP.COM

Posts: 164 | From: Cameron Park California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com