Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » pinks 2008 roll call (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: pinks 2008 roll call
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a blast and was even picked to be one of the feature cars complete with on camera interview. Hopefully some of the footage will make it past the editing room. That being said, it was very hot and the days were long. It was great seeing 400 or so hot rods and so many really fast cars. Another thing that was really good to see was the great attitude and pleasant nature of everybody there. There were plenty of fast Mustangs there and 8 sec cars in general ( I drive an 8 sec Mustang) and I even thought 8 sec cars had a shot at making this the first 8 sec final 16 but when Rich said at the drivers meeting it would be a 32 car field I knew it wasn't to be. Still, it was lots of fun. Hopefully, Pinks all out will remember Northern California and come back.

90 Mustang LX coupe, 337sbf, D2procharger, JW glide-3.73gears. 3000 lbs. 8.61@160mph

[ September 07, 2008, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: KevinL ]

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree I was hoping for a 8 sec field also. I think they could have done it.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, great pics of my launch when I broke another axle and then got pushed off the line! Where are the photos of the first round when I actually went down the track! I broke an axle Wednesday and didn't have time to order the 31 spline stuff to upgrade so I had to get an axle from 87 hatch and a carrier from forced 331 Thursday night and got it ready for Friday. I put the wheels back on Friday morning, brought the kids to school and daycare on the way to the track. It made it through two soft passes on Friday and then a decent 11.64 Saturday morning, but I was too pumped on the arm drop run and launched it a little higher and the tires must have finally bit because the axle went bye-bye immediately. I moved about a foot like on Wednesday. 15 years of racing and never breaking anything and then getting towed twice in one week. That sucked!!!!!!!! I knew it was coming when I put the sticky tires back on combined with a good clutch. My slipping CFDF was saving my drivetrain before.

It was fun. Luckily, I was pitted in the Nascar garages so I beat some of the heat. I guess I should get a cage for next year and put it in the 10's! Actually, I still need a couple years. They did a little interview with me when they saw the car seats in the back and I beat the "feature" car that they put me up against. Instead of showing that run, they will probably just show me getting pushed off the line by Rich on the Outtakes Episode. I really wanted to make that pass. I would have beat that track only car too with kid's car seats in the back. I am not putting it back together until I get the good stuff, but I am pretty tired of working on it right now.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a great time as a spectator! If you saw some dumbass on crutches that was me. Saw alot of cars from the site run. That orange mach sounded nasty. But the car that stuck out in my mind was that primer 71 chevelle with the black hood. He was roasting the tires through the traps.
 - [patriot]

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

408sbfmustang
¯
Member # 3820

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408sbfmustang  Ford pictures for 408sbfmustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 65 coupe was one of the underdogs but I ran to fast in the first round against the white camaro the events runner up
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was routing for you. How much to fast did you go? did they say?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 408sbfmustang:
My 65 coupe was one of the underdogs but I ran to fast in the first round against the white camaro the events runner up

dude ur ca is fukN awesome, clean just plain sick.. I was screaming an yelling for u in the underdog run. that was cheap.u should of been in there. major props to make it that far. [Big Grin]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
NosboySS
¯
Member # 637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NosboySS  Ford pictures for NosboySS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Spun rod bearing....gayness

KevinL.......Your car has to be one of the best cars to watch. Great show

[ September 08, 2008, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: NosboySS ]

--------------------
98 Formula WS6
Iron block big bore 383ci, Rossler TH 350, 4.30's, ETP 225 heads
550hp 478 tq
10.56@131.9 1.47 60'
Newtech Tuning/FFP tuning

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 408sbfmustang:

I wish I would have seen that run. I got the car towed home and then rode my motorcycle back out. By the time I got back they had already narrowed it down to the final 16.
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is my bucket. had a great weekend. only problem i had. was losing a tail light lens on fridays 2nd pass. [worship]

-

-

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
Yep, great pics of my launch when I broke another axle and then got pushed off the line! Where are the photos of the first round when I actually went down the track! I broke an axle Wednesday and didn't have time to order the 31 spline stuff to upgrade so I had to get an axle from 87 hatch and a carrier from forced 331 Thursday night and got it ready for Friday. I put the wheels back on Friday morning, brought the kids to school and daycare on the way to the track. It made it through two soft passes on Friday and then a decent 11.64 Saturday morning, but I was too pumped on the arm drop run and launched it a little higher and the tires must have finally bit because the axle went bye-bye immediately. I moved about a foot like on Wednesday. 15 years of racing and never breaking anything and then getting towed twice in one week. That sucked!!!!!!!! I knew it was coming when I put the sticky tires back on combined with a good clutch. My slipping CFDF was saving my drivetrain before.

It was fun. Luckily, I was pitted in the Nascar garages so I beat some of the heat. I guess I should get a cage for next year and put it in the 10's! Actually, I still need a couple years. They did a little interview with me when they saw the car seats in the back and I beat the "feature" car that they put me up against. Instead of showing that run, they will probably just show me getting pushed off the line by Rich on the Outtakes Episode. I really wanted to make that pass. I would have beat that track only car too with kid's car seats in the back. I am not putting it back together until I get the good stuff, but I am pretty tired of working on it right now.

Thanks for almost getting me booted before the event even started! [Razz] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The event was fun, awesome seeing some of your guys cars in action.
Still trying to recover from the heat and very expensive beer that was drank. [Smile]

--------------------
03 gt black
out with the NOVI, in with t-76 :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8T3y9bkGU

Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Just keeping you on your toes Drew!

What brand axles do you guys recommend?

NosboySS
¯
Member # 637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NosboySS  Ford pictures for NosboySS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bigger ones

--------------------
98 Formula WS6
Iron block big bore 383ci, Rossler TH 350, 4.30's, ETP 225 heads
550hp 478 tq
10.56@131.9 1.47 60'
Newtech Tuning/FFP tuning

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
Just keeping you on your toes Drew!

What brand axles do you guys recommend?

I just went with the stock length 31 spline moser's axles. They also make 28 splines if you haven't upgraded the differential.....
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=moser+axles&N=700+4294908331+115+4294851288&Ntk=KeywordSearch

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NosboySS:
Bigger ones

lol

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

I just ordered the Strange 31 spline with c-clip eliminators.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are coming back next year, very pleased with the turnout and track from what I hear. Your car is badass. I was in the staging lanes with Chow when you came over.

quote:
Originally posted by KevinL:
I had a blast and was even picked to be one of the feature cars complete with on camera interview. Hopefully some of the footage will make it past the editing room. That being said, it was very hot and the days were long. It was great seeing 400 or so hot rods and so many really fast cars. Another thing that was really good to see was the great attitude and pleasant nature of everybody there. There were plenty of fast Mustangs there and 8 sec cars in general ( I drive an 8 sec Mustang) and I even thought 8 sec cars had a shot at making this the first 8 sec final 16 but when Rich said at the drivers meeting it would be a 32 car field I knew it wasn't to be. Still, it was lots of fun. Hopefully, Pinks all out will remember Northern California and come back.

90 Mustang LX coupe, 337sbf, D2procharger, JW glide-3.73gears. 3000 lbs. 8.61@160mph

[ September 25, 2008, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: Red C5 ]

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red C5:
They are coming back next year, very pleased with the turnout and track from what I hear. Your car is badass. I was in the staging lanes with Chow when you came over.

quote:

That's great to hear!

By the way sorry if i missed it in the prev pages but what kinda field of cars (et wise) did they end up choosing for the episode?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

quote:

That's great to hear!

By the way sorry if i missed it in the prev pages but what kinda field of cars (et wise) did they end up choosing for the episode?

They chose the 10.30 field

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

quote:

That's great to hear!

They chose the 10.30 field
[Mad] That would have been perfect oh well there's always next year.....

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com