Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » MUSTANG MADNESS.... who's going???? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: MUSTANG MADNESS.... who's going????
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Good looking on the vids Epik. You can hear how quick I went into 2nd cause I was spinning...

8Stang8: Clean coupe bro [patriot]

Carajo: Sick 4 eye, i like the 2 tone. You still on the stock cam?

Peep the vids on stangnet too NOOB!!!! LOL!!!
Ok I will Bob Noobert!!
U do that Plumb BOB!!! Cmon Bob Barker!!!
Hey pipe down Bob Sagget!!
Chill out Bob Hope!!!

[ June 23, 2008, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Good looking on the vids Epik. You can hear how quick I went into 2nd cause I was spinning...

Ok I will Bob Noobert!!
Chill out Bob Hope!!!
Better not leave your girl home alone 'cause my name is Sancho Bob!!

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok I will Bob Noobert!!
Chill out Bob Hope!!!
Thems fightin words there bob dylan!!! Here i got a vid 4 ya!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nej4xJe4Tdg

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok I will Bob Noobert!!
Chill out Bob Hope!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!! Here you go Bob!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKcMfQrqC7I

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok I will Bob Noobert!!
Chill out Bob Hope!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!! Here you go Bob!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKcMfQrqC7I

LOL!!!!!BOB ROSS WAS THE MAN!!!

[ June 23, 2008, 04:07 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

sic ls1
¯
Member # 7036

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic ls1  Ford pictures for sic ls1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nobody has a video of the grey notchnack do they? =/

--------------------
1988 lx coupe. Exhaust,4:10's 13.6 @ 100mph
2001 ss camaro 11.55 @ 123 415/372

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, it looks and sounds like you guys had a good time. If I had to pick either having to many people showing up or not enough, I would deffinately go with the second option. [Wink]

Besides that, it seems like you had some good quality cars running out there. [burnout]

Oh, and congrats to Matt!!!! 135 MPH, thats just nasty! [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah right on epik. Streakmatt right on also, we shoulda intoduced. Nice car also, gettin squirly in ur lane too lol [burnout] . Slap a bigger tire if u aint already runnin a 28 in. . What RPM were you dumpin the clutch @?

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah the turnout was a little dissapointing, but that allowed you guys to get alot of runs in. Good meeting you Just an LX..I had fun even though I only got 1 run in compared to you guys that got 10 LOL. 1 run for $40 [Eek!] ..Oh well its my own damn fault for not getting the roll bar installed in time...I ran 10.67@135 with a shitty 1.7 60ft. 1/8th mile time was 6.9@104. I wanted to try to run again to improve the 60ft. and see what it would run but it was an emphatic NO [Big Grin] ..I was surprised by the 135MPH especially in this heat. They also told me I need an NHRA license to go 135+.

Did you try to get any money back? What if you just played dumb and said that you had no idea what it would run and then asked for the race entry fee back since they wouldn't let you race?

I have an 11.50 setup right now, but I want to run it with more boost and sticky tires to see what it will do. If they try to kick me out after one pass, I would then put my 11.50 setup back on the car and want to keep running. If they would not allow that, then they should refund my money, right? I just don't want to drive all the way over there for one pass!

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Thanks Drew [patriot]

8Stang8: Yeah we didn't know you were on CA Fords. I'll say whats up next time out. I was running 26-11.5-15 ET Streets. I dumped it around 3900-4000. I could have hit a 1.5 if I got another chance to run.

need-a-cage: No I didn't get my money back, but I didn't ask either. I knew before showing up that I was probably only gonna get 1 run in. I did play the dumb role and tell tech that I wasn't sure what it could do. If you look at the vids on page 2 of this thread you will see an 11.4 dial in on my window. The tech guy wrote that because he thought thats about what i could run LOL. Kinda dumb because he knew I had no roll bar and 11.4 needs a roll bar [Big Grin] ... I think that they would allow you to keep running if you de-tune it to run 11.50. I would just explain all that up front to the tech so they don't think you are trying to play them or something ya know. I'm interested in seeing what your car can do bro. What pulley set up do have to run more boost??

[ June 24, 2008, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: streakmatt ]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sure is a big mph that you got. My current setup is using a 3.6" pulley and that is giving me 8-9psi of boost with the powerpipe. I have run multiple 11.55's with this at 121mph with only 20 degrees total timing in at 4250rpm and ramping down to 17 total by 5200. This is on my 245x50-16 Nitto Drag radials. I have had a couple runs in eliminations where got low 1.7 60fts and was a tenth quicker at the 1000ft than the 11.55's but I lifted to avoid a breakout.

I ran the car one time with the original 3.33" S-trim pulley and it went 11.40 @ 125.7mph. This was hot off the street and I babied it off the line shifted slow and spun through 2nd. I was pissed because I was planning on running it hard the next run when it cooled off a little to go for my best. I drove it easy on that run and did not think it was going to go under 11.50. I had already had many warnings when I was running less power but with sticky tires. They told me that if I did it again, I could not come back until a cage was in the car. They know me at Infineon and they were serious this time so I can't go under 11.50 there anymore.

Anyway, with my ET Streets which I can get a 1.57 60ft with, I think that I could hit a high 10 with the 3.33" pulley which is good for 12psi. However, just to make sure I get in there I have a 2.95" pulley to try out. I haven't tried it yet and my stock rails and lines may not be able to support that much power. The fuel pressure was solid with the 3.33 pulley and the AFR was flat, but the 2.95 pulley should get me another few psi of boost. I think I would be really close to 130mph. My tiny heads and intake will like the taller tires as well so the motor doesn't have to spin so high in 4th to reach the finish line.

I hope to make it over there towards the end of the year, but it all depends on how my clutch holds up. It has been slipping with my 11.50 setup when it gets hot. I might wait until I get a Pro-motion clutch before I attempt a 10 second run. With a new clutch, I will be very nervous about my stock axles and carrier which have a few thousand passes on them!!

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com