Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Video of my Mach @ the track (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Video of my Mach @ the track
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was leaving off idle,half throttle through 1st,3/4 through 2nd and shifting easy into 3rd.If I did anything different it would just spin,and this was w/ a full tank of gas.

- 04 Mach 1 at the track,2.3 whipple

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats sick!

--------------------
03 mach bolt ons/125 shot

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice!! [worship]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Josh [patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Congrats Josh [patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

Thanks Don it was a blast

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice times and numbers. but u need hook bad! easy 10's "Power Is Nothing Without Control" [patriot]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

I'm really happy w/ it , it was picking up 33to35mph on the big end w/ a full tank of gas.

[ March 02, 2008, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Tinner ]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What tires?
What's the best timeslip look like?

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
What tires?
What's the best timeslip look like?

Bald 275 BFG DR's
1.9 60'
7.58@98mph 1/8th
11.41@131mph 1/4

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a real tire under there. At least a 26x10" hooser (26.5" tall), if not a 28" tall slick. The rear end/tranny can take it....although the control arms may bitch about it. LOL (we've destroyed stock & poly bushings with repeated hard launches).
You'll be over 100MPH in the 1/8th no problem. Probably 102-103mph.

With a mid 1.5 60ft you should hit a 10.6-10.8 @132mph....if not better. Depends on how strong that thing is from the 60ft to the 1/8th. It's hard to tell right now since you're pedaling it....

Let us know the next time you take it out. We'd LOVE to see it run!
[patriot]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

I will get a better tire and see what she can do(I may need the Drew mod). This time was a last minute thing , I just wanted to go have some fun w/ it. They asked me to leave after my last run so I guess I'll need to get the cage in also. It was so easy to run the 11.5 I bet Drew w/ a good tire could almost knock a second off that time.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tinner:
I will get a better tire and see what she can do(I may need the Drew mod). This time was a last minute thing , I just wanted to go have some fun w/ it. They asked me to leave after my last run so I guess I'll need to get the cage in also. It was so easy to run the 11.5 I bet Drew w/ a good tire could almost knock a second off that time.

Sound's like a good 1st outing to the strip! They have really cracked down on the safety equipment issues there at Sac, which is better for Your safety & to keep Your fellow racer's safe. With a good tire under You 10's will be a breeze [Wink] . Look's like You are picking up a alot of MPH on the top end [Whoo Whooooo!] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Sound's like a good 1st outing to the strip! They have really cracked down on the safety equipment issues there at Sac, which is better for Your safety & to keep Your fellow racer's safe. With a good tire under You 10's will be a breeze [Wink] . Look's like You are picking up a alot of MPH on the top end [Whoo Whooooo!] .
I'm not complaining about the safety rules,anyone who seen the Nova hit the wall yesterday knows how important a cage is.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That think sounds ****ing wicked! [Eek!]

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:
That think sounds ****ing wicked! [Eek!]

The Dynomax cat back is defiantly growing on me,its nice not to sound like every other Cobra.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

I'm not complaining about the safety rules,anyone who seen the Nova hit the wall yesterday knows how important a cage is.
I hear that! It actually makes Me feel a little safer out there when they are enforcing the rules and not letting everyone slide by with 1-2 item's not up to code. Make sure to get swing out's when You purchase Your cage [Wink] [burnout] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Drew mod huh.....
I don't think you'll need it. [Wink]

My first time out on the current setup I ran low 11's. With a few tweeks here & there I ended up with a best of 10.1 @133mph. First time to the track tells a lot....especially the potential of the setup.
If you're goal is 10's, you'll hit it with just a little more seat time.
JeffS ran his 03Cobra to a 10.9 @127mph on DR's with some good seat time. I'd say with just a little more seat time 10's are in the bag. [Big Grin]

A cage is definately a good idea for the track, but I'm not too fond of driving around on the street with a 6-point harness... & without the harness I'm afraid I'd hit my head on the chromoly bar in an accident.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
Drew mod huh.....

My first time out on the current setup I ran low 11's. With a few tweeks here & there I ended up with a best of 10.1 @133mph. First time to the track tells a lot....especially the potential of the setup.
JeffS ran his 03Cobra to a 10.9 @127mph on DR's with some good seat time. I'd say with just a little more seat time 10's are in the bag. [Big Grin]

A cage is definately a good idea for the track, but I'm not too fond of driving around on the street with a 6-point harness... & without the harness I'm afraid I'd hit my head on the chromoly bar in an accident.

I guess that slowly getting faster is some of the fun in this hobby. Another is taking people for a ride that have never been in a fast car. I took a friends dad for a ride last night , the fastest car he had ever been was a BMW 330........lol I was just putting around in 3rd talking. I hit it out of no where,he started waving his hands around looking for something to hold on to wile saying "HOOOOLLLLYYYYYY SSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIITTTTTT" [Big Grin]
After we got home I asked what he was grabbing for , he said he thought his seat was going to brake......lol

[ March 03, 2008, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Tinner ]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet...nice to see you driving it like it is suposed to be treated [Big Grin]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Amen to drivin' it like it should be.

Good times by the way.

I found an 8 point cage for mine for around $400 with swing outs. Just have to decide if I really want to go that route or not.

--------------------
quote:
Just your average turbo'd Mustang 530 rwhp 550 rwtq

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
sweet...nice to see you driving it like it is suposed to be treated [Big Grin]

That's why we built the whole drive train , so I could beat on it a little.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good Josh. I know all the guys on SVT Performance have all the advice in the world so I wont even bother...lol Let us know the next time you go out. I do think it would be a good idea to at least get the STOCK upper and lower control arms that were built for 250 RWHP and street tires reaplaced with some better parts before going back out....maybe? [Wink]

Now go change your oil and filter. [Razz]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Drew mod huh.....

I guess that slowly getting faster is some of the fun in this hobby. Another is taking people for a ride that have never been in a fast car. I took a friends dad for a ride last night , the fastest car he had ever been was a BMW 330........lol I was just putting around in 3rd talking. I hit it out of no where,he started waving his hands around looking for something to hold on to wile saying "HOOOOLLLLYYYYYY SSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIITTTTTT" [Big Grin]
After we got home I asked what he was grabbing for , he said he thought his seat was going to brake......lol

lol... great times for first time out! and that trap is insane [Eek!] ...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Looking good Josh. I know all the guys on SVT Performance have all the advice in the world so I wont even bother...lol Let us know the next time you go out. I do think it would be a good idea to at least get the STOCK upper and lower control arms that were built for 250 RWHP and street tires reaplaced with some better parts before going back out....maybe? [Wink]

Now go change your oil and filter. [Razz]

LOL...Its funny how the Internet makes everyone an expert,you on the other hand I would listen to.
I think we should have an official AED track day. It would be cool to see the cars you guys have worked on all at the track together. That would be an emotional day for you,all these cars that are so hard for you to let go all in the same place.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
quote:
Drew mod huh.....

HOOOOLLLLYYYY SSSSSSHHHHIIIIITTTTT! LOL
Yep..... You'll get that a lot.
Next, you'll start getting requests from everybody & their mother for rides. From the pasanger seat it's like a rollercoaster......so start charging $5 a ride!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com