Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Redding Drag Strip improvements

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Redding Drag Strip improvements
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So the owner of the Redding Drag Strip had a meeting with my dad today concerning sponsor stuff and the plans for the strip this year.

A few good things:

A newly poured staging area complete with updated electrical equipment. This may or may not be done by Kool April Nites. Apparently the concrete needs almost 30 days to properly cure.

Stadium lighting down the entire strip. The owner got all the old lighting from Volunty Park in Anderson, CA and will be putting it in.

Moving the Announcment stand to the other side and also putting some of the bleachers on the other side so you don't stare at the sun all evening.

More seating too. I think he was going to work on some shade for the bleachers too but I'm not sure.

So it looks like the first 200' of the strip, including the staging area, is going to be replaced, which hopefully will give it some great racing.

Just thought I would update you guys.

--------------------
quote:
Just your average turbo'd Mustang 530 rwhp 550 rwtq

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet I hope he can get it all done in time for the races. Be carefull the first few races if they redo the first 200 feet it will be slick [Eek!] It was before.

[ February 12, 2008, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe pieces of concrete/asphalt wont fly back into the awaiting cars anymore.

--------------------
quote:

gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet can't wait!!! ANything will help out there.

--------------------
03 gt black
out with the NOVI, in with t-76 :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8T3y9bkGU

Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
RockerShocker
¯
Member # 6219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockerShocker  Ford pictures for RockerShocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have to have your $25 in by the 1st of march if your racing for points. The owner did say something about the new pavement going down. Should be cool Hope all his plans come true. My first year in the points!!!! YES!!!!
Posts: 196 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmm the way it has worked in the past you had to pay your 25$ before your points counted. but you could start at anytime. I screwed my self one year real good. I didn't join the points chase because I didn't think I would race the whole year. So I went out and won the first two Pro class bracket races I entered that year. I got the money but no points lol oops.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

bummer sounds like Redding won't be open until April. track repairs mentioned are delayed already [Frown]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

I haven't spoke with anyone lately but they were trying to get it opened/done for Kool April NItes.

--------------------
quote:

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MAXPSI:
I haven't spoke with anyone lately but they were trying to get it opened/done for Kool April NItes.

They better [Mad]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Last I heard they were going to be open for Kool April Nites. They just weren't sure if they were going to have everything done.

Are you going to be there?

--------------------
quote:

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Last I heard they were going to be open for Kool April Nites. They just weren't sure if they were going to have everything done.

Are you going to be there?

Yes,I'll be there all week,I've never missed a Kool April Nites

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Awesome. I will be there too. I'm hoping for 11.80s if the track is sticking. If not, I will be stuck in the 12's still.

Im trapping 117 so I know the car has it, just not sure if I do.

--------------------
quote:

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

OK now I am hearing the track will be open by the end of March. [Whoo Whooooo!] suposibly the new cement is already down.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

The concrete is down!!!!

It takes around 28 days for the concrete to be completely cured. So it should be ready by April 18th.

--------------------
quote:

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Nice now you guys get out there and get some rubber laid down on that new cement

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

They should adevertise a burnout party the day it opens to get it broke in.

There's probably a techinical way to do it, but it sounds like a good idea.

--------------------
quote:

gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
They should adevertise a burnout party the day it opens to get it broke in.

There's probably a techinical way to do it, but it sounds like a good idea.

That would be fun, doing some john force burnouts!!!

--------------------
03 gt black

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

It would be like a celebration of a "new" drag strip.

I'm putting my line locks on this weekend, that should be fun.

gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Well the track was open last night. it was hooking well early, and then it went bad quick.
My stang was not ready due to new maf and tune issue.
But i took the wife's 350z out there. Very first run was good, after that it was down hill.

2stangs got one good pass with traction!!! I am sure he will fill you in.

--------------------
03 gt black

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

My best pass with traction I had the timming out to see how the car would act [Frown] still 1.65 60 foot 11.08 127...I rolled the timming in hoping for good things left a little sideways 1.81 60 foot..crap..11.04 at 130.7. I whish I had the 1.65 for that one. Still best time on the car to date. Not to bad for driving out there on the tires I raced with. Next slicks if they will fit..

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
My best pass with traction I had the timming out to see how the car would act [Frown] still 1.65 60 foot 11.08 127...I rolled the timming in hoping for good things left a little sideways 1.81 60 foot..crap..11.04 at 130.7. I whish I had the 1.65 for that one. Still best time on the car to date. Not to bad for driving out there on the tires I raced with. Next slicks if they will fit..

Nice,hopefully they will keep the track sticky for kool april nites.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

quote:
Originally posted by Tinner:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

Nice,hopefully they will keep the track sticky for kool april nites.
Yeah it should be much better. I heard it was a much better today for test and tune. They did not do any prep last night on top of it being freezing cold outside.

--------------------
03 gt black

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Well is it better than it was??

I hope they take the time to prep it before and during Kool April Nites. I want my 11 second pass damn it!

--------------------
quote:

gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

quote:
Well is it better than it was??

I hope they take the time to prep it before and during Kool April Nites. I want my 11 second pass damn it!

It should be much better by then. There whole goal is to have it at it's full potential or close to it on that weekend.

--------------------
03 gt black

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com