Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » who know's if......

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: who know's if......
85gtcarbro8du-up
¯
Member # 5169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85gtcarbro8du-up  Ford pictures for 85gtcarbro8du-up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you have to have a hood on your car if you wanna run it at sacramento raceway during test and tune? any help appreciated.

--------------------
weiand blown 302 with all the goodies

too many horses and ft lbs for a t-5. looks like rebuild or upgrade time

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if the car has a carb, it needs an air cleaner, other than that you're fine

and i dont think the hood latches can be stuck up, more pertainin to older gm cars with spring hinges

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure of the rule, but I know that they let me run my car with no hood back years ago when the 347 first went in. My hood wouldn't clear the Vic. 5.0 manifold at the time. [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that when I ran my carbed 86 capri in 2001 they would only let me run if i had an air cleaner on it.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
I'm not sure of the rule, but I know that they let me run my car with no hood back years ago when the 347 first went in. My hood wouldn't clear the Vic. 5.0 manifold at the time. [Big Grin]

no carb you're good [patriot]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com