Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 99 Slowleen

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 99 Slowleen
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol

Went out on Wed. night and played with the wifes daily driver. This car was currently owned by Sean04, (like 50% of the cars on this board..lol). Only difference is this one hasn't blown up, (yet [Wink] ).

At any rate, I did some mods just to try and get the full potential out of the combo. The car did do a best pass ever of 11.95@118.88 with a 1.83 60ft, slip sliding through every shift. It was nice to kinda get back to the roots and just go beat up on the DD in the middle of the week. [Big Grin]

Not to sound nostalgic, but I remember when a high 11 second car couldn't be beat. Let alone an 11 second DD that my wife drives! Now it seems slow!

What is the world coming to ?! [Wink]

[ October 12, 2007, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol i cant even imagine how its going to be 10 years from now [Eek!]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which car are we talkin about Drew [Confused]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Which car are we talkin about Drew [Confused]

This car..

-

[ October 12, 2007, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I totally forgot Casey had that car [Razz]

That thing is clean.....your wife must love it [Cool]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:

Yeah she does!

The car is running out of gear on the big end with the 4.10's that are in it. We're going to through in some 3.73's, activate the water/meth setup and start adding timing. Should be well into the 120's at that point. [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Yeah she does!

The car is running out of gear on the big end with the 4.10's that are in it. We're going to through in some 3.73's, activate the water/meth setup and start adding timing. Should be well into the 120's at that point. [Big Grin] [burnout]

Cool ride! I was starting to hit the rev limiter on My best run's so I just put a taller tire on it [patriot] . Just thought I would throw it out there as it's cheaper than a gear change.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
quote:

Yeah she does!

Cool ride! I was starting to hit the rev limiter on My best run's so I just put a taller tire on it [patriot] . Just thought I would throw it out there as it's cheaper than a gear change.
We are just running the rear wheel/tire combo from my car at the track. I don't really want to spend the money to get a track duty setup for this car. Plus, the car is so low it can't really fit a taller tire. [Smile]

--------------------
AED

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
quote:

Yeah she does!

We are just running the rear wheel/tire combo from my car at the track. I don't really want to spend the money to get a track duty setup for this car. Plus, the car is so low it can't really fit a taller tire. [Smile]
Yeah I was looking at the pic's after I made the post and realized You don't have alot of room to work with back there. Is Your wife going to get in on the drag racing scene or are You just going to play with it? I have My Wife talked into getting another stang Myself [dance] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
lol

Went out on Wed. night and played with the wifes daily driver. This car was currently owned by Sean04, (like 50% of the cars on this board..lol). Only difference is this one hasn't blown up, (yet [Wink] ).

At any rate, I did some mods just to try and get the full potential out of the combo. The car did do a best pass ever of 11.95@118.88 with a 1.83 60ft, slip sliding through every shift. It was nice to kinda get back to the roots and just go beat up on the DD in the middle of the week. [Big Grin]

Not to sound nostalgic, but I remember when a high 11 second car couldn't be beat. Let alone an 11 second DD that my wife drives! Now it seems slow!

What is the world coming to ?! [Wink]

Shit thats still fast as hell for a street car to me at least. I love that saleen [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for us ignorant pushrod guy's what motor is it, a 4.6 supercharged?(thats my guess since you are going to use water meth on it) Nice car does your woman ever plan on racing it?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
for us ignorant pushrod guy's what motor is it, a 4.6 supercharged?(thats my guess since you are going to use water meth on it) Nice car does your woman ever plan on racing it?

Yup 4.6L 2V w/ a I/C'd Vortech i believe not 100%.

Once you get it tuned you should line it up against my buddy Mike w/ the Redfire 03 you ran in your Yellow Beast [Cool] I think Sean ran him w/ that car at it was a good race then should be even better now [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:

lol

Yeah, its a 4.6 2v motor with an S Trim.

My wife made 5 passes in the car last Wed. The best being 14.1 @ 111. I was riding in the car with her giving here instructions. I left the traction control on while she was running because the track conditions where bad, even for Wed night. She couldn't go WOT until the middle of 2nd gear. Here 60's were all in the mid to high 2's. I also wasn't having here do a burnout. We'll save that for next week....lol [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:

Once you get it tuned you should line it up against my buddy Mike w/ the Redfire 03 you ran in your Yellow Beast [Cool] I think Sean ran him w/ that car at it was a good race then should be even better now [burnout]

If I remember right he was in the low 11's and he was a pretty good race for my car. Which means that the Slowleen has NO chance! It may MPH well, but getting off the line is a joke. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
quote:

If I remember right he was in the low 11's and he was a pretty good race for my car. Which means that the Slowleen has NO chance! It may MPH well, but getting off the line is a joke. [burnout]
We'll just run'em both on street tires and have a peddle fest [Razz]

I think it's real [Cool] you're teaching the lady!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We'll just run'em both on street tires and have a peddle fest [Razz]

I think it's real [Cool] you're teaching the lady!

If you want me to race him then we will call this a challenge and he will have to lose. [Razz]

--------------------
AED

STANGSALLY76
¯
Member # 5342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGSALLY76  Ford pictures for STANGSALLY76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn drew high 11s was quick when i was 2 lol
just kidding nice for the wife...

--------------------
92 LX deep into the 10's on the motor with street tires coming soon
its just a little small block

Posts: 1133 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com