Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New Best In The 06

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New Best In The 06
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ran a 12.75 @ 106.5, nothing different done to the car at all from my last runs.

Had a rough 60 foot time of 1.900, track was FREEZING cold, air was great, but too cold to get some real bite out of the tires tonight. Would have been nice to get the same 1.76 60 foot time I did mid summer. In time........

***************EDIT: 10/24: Bests of 12.72 & 107.38

[ October 25, 2007, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep at it [Smile]

That 11 sec timeslip will take a bit more work.

Plan on adding more power yet?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Don. If there was more time between runs the motor would have cooled more and your mph may have hit 107.

I still can't believe that we got 7 time trials last night. I am still pissed that I spun so much and had such a bad reaction in the 1st round after running so consistent in the time trials, but getting in 8 all out runs was great. I was happy to finally hit that 120mph mark with only 7psi of boost too.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, it's now a reality that I'll need more help power wise. I plan on doing some long tubes, cat removal and intake delete plates, then see where I'm at [Razz]

Griggs had their full GR40 05+ their. Motor is stock with a Paxton on it and ofcourse FULL road racing suspension. Ran 122mph through the traps. Needless to say, if I can't get my high 11 N/A, I'll add a blower and bypass the 11's and go straight to the 10's [Big Grin]

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

Needless to say, if I can't get my high 11 N/A, I'll add a blower and bypass the 11's and go straight to the 10's [Big Grin]

Now we're talkin [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

Needless to say, if I can't get my high 11 N/A, I'll add a blower and bypass the 11's and go straight to the 10's [Big Grin]

Now we're breaking the bank! [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

Now we're breaking the bank! [Wink]
[Roll Eyes] he's obviously got some cash to burn....i remember those Welds were a pretty penny [Eek!]

I'm all for making the best outta what you got but....

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I don't have money to burn, but I did just burn 3k on ANOTHER set of wheels/tires, this set for the street [Wink]

I go in spurts. Next spurt will likely be a Griggs setup of control arms and coil overs.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Tonight, Bests of 12.72 & 107.38

--------------------

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn....
hey don ill have some vacation coming soon and I want to take advantage of the free wednesday nights.when does the track close for thewinter?or are they always open?I haven't ran so long iam going to look like an ass.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Maeco, they're open next Wednesday but my son won't allow me to attend.

Last Wednesday of the season is November 7th.

Otherwise it's weekend events.

--------------------

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah I guess weekend for me.my vacation dont start till mid nov.I tried launching and it would just burn out.I guess its all about feathering the clutch?anyways that's what I'll probably work on first at the track then times.
maybe you can take it down a few times to see what this thing is capable off.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Purple Coupe
¯
Member # 6342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Coupe  Ford pictures for Purple Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good shit bro [Smile] keep at it. time to tap into bank [Wink]

--------------------
Custom Purple Coupe:
Best ET: 10.26 @137.11 so far...

Posts: 180 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

12.701 @ 106.71 with a 1.797 60 foot time

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was damn cold last night. you are getting it down there.

The good news is that I got my quickest ever in the 93. I ran an 11.42 @ 119.4mph with a 1.62 60ft. Now my new motor with 7psi of boost is quicker than my old motor with 10psi of boost. I also made it to the final.

The bad news is that I red lit in the final and my clutch was slipping REAL BAD in the semi final. I got lucky because the other guy broke out. I knew I needed a good light to win in the final with a slipping clutch, but I went a little early. I eased it off the line, but when I hit 2nd is started slipping again so I didn't run it out.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Sorry to hear that Craig, atleast you have a while to replace it now

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com