Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Anyone gunna make it to TNT this Fri 9/7

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone gunna make it to TNT this Fri 9/7
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even though i don't have a car yet to bring up there i'll be helping a buddy dial in his 1G DSM w/ a fully built 2.0L stroker motor and a 30R (Dark Grey w/ primered hood lol)

Looking to put down some consistant low 11's but would be overjoyed if it went in the 10.90's [dance]

The car puts down about 400-430 awhp on our Mustang dyno depending on the tune etc.

I should have a vid cam so say wassup and i'll try my best to get you guys in action [burnout]

Anyone planning on going?

[ September 12, 2007, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalSRT-8  Ford pictures for NorCalSRT-8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We were out there. I saw that car last night, that thing is FAST. What was the best last night 11.1?

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Posts: 202 | From: Northern, Ca | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalSRT-8:
We were out there. I saw that car last night, that thing is FAST. What was the best last night 11.1?

When i saw your car (dark blue correct?) i had a feeling it was you.

We were all wondering if you car had a bottle and i'm pretty sure i talked to a buddy of yours about your car before. How did the car do?

Do you know a guy locally that just picked up a C6 w/ a Magnus blower?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Sorry forgot the good stuff.

Absolute perfect night for racing maybe 20 cars max, weather dropped in to the low 70's maybe high 60's, dry, and the track prep was pretty damn good [Big Grin] (i think cuz they had a car running 7's at 170mph [Eek!] )

We made a total of about 7-9 passes w/ the first few as shakedown runs to get our driver back into drag racing form.

After that we worked the 2 step off the line to 6000 rpm which was netting us 1.6-1.7 60's on street tires at 32 psi.

The car trapped consistantly 125-127mph while running mid-low 11's depending on 60ft and shifting.

We made a pass that went 1.7 60' and 11.1 @ 127.

After that we nailed a 1.6 60' but on the 1-2 shift the linkage came off the tranny and that ended our night.....would have went 10.9x like i thought but oh well it's there just need the slip to prove it [Razz]

[ September 12, 2007, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalSRT-8  Ford pictures for NorCalSRT-8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

When i saw your car (dark blue correct?) i had a feeling it was you.

We were all wondering if you car had a bottle and i'm pretty sure i talked to a buddy of yours about your car before. How did the car do?

Do you know a guy locally that just picked up a C6 w/ a Magnus blower?

My car is black. It was the only 300C there. The car did pretty good that night. First time out with some upgraded half shafts. First pass was 11.40, which broke the record for the fastest LX body car. Not too bad for a car that weighs 4500+. Best pass of the night was 11.38. We are looking into changing the wheel and tire combo and it is now time to go to an aftermarket stall. Hopefully we will be in the 10s before the year is up!

On a side not your buddies 1G DSM is bad! Almost 10s and you guys jumped in and drove it home. Gotta love AWD turbo cars!

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Posts: 202 | From: Northern, Ca | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:

On a side not your buddies 1G DSM is bad! Almost 10s and you guys jumped in and drove it home. Gotta love AWD turbo cars!

That's our claim to fame [Razz]

I didn't get to see many of your runs [Frown] but damn that's moving for such a big car.....how's it launching the car on the bottle?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com