Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Video of junkyard dog at the track.... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Video of junkyard dog at the track....
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yesterday was to be a 12-4:00PM TNT that was extended to 6, then to 8....and next thing you know, I'm making my last pass....errrr...launch....at 9:30 at night. Talk about a day of racing. We took the coupe out to see if we could get a full pass in with nitrous since the last two times out were not great sucesses even though we hit the 8s and niether time was the car getting down the track with its full potential. Well, talk about a learning experience. I did a quick shakedown motor run to see how it was as if it was on a rail the whole way down. Time to hit it with a 250 shot...that's when the fun began.

The car launched left for a good part of the day and I was not able to go more than 200 feet before having to get out of it. Finally, we went agressive on some of the suspension settings to see if we could force the car to go right...it worked, it went right. We made one more change and the car launched dead straight...set the tires down nice...and was continuing to go straight - but only for 300 feet or so [Frown] Either the car got out of the groove or the suspension needs a little tweaking still (or both), but we were able to get the best 60 foot of the day on that pass...

The other 2 best sixty foots for the day were 1.279 and 1.300. Now if we can only figure out the other 1260 feet then this thing is gonna rock!

[ August 27, 2007, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
car still quick on the motor ? gain anything?

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
car still quick on the motor ? gain anything?

Oh the car is a turd on the motor now. Before, it ran a best of 9.56 at 142 (and 9.6 all day long), but that was with 4.56 gears and timing was set at 40 degrees. Yesterday, it went 9.95 at 138 - that's with 3.73 gears, nitrous plugs, and total timing was at 32.

[ August 25, 2007, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ahh ok, that makes sense though. i was just curious to see how motor reacts to the n20 timing/setup. im sure it will kill on the jug now though. good luck

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] Nice 60's [worship]

Got any vids of these launches..........i like vids!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

I'll upload some vids later today or tomorrow...they are on my buddy's computer. He was downloading them from the camcorder to his comptuer so that we could see frame by frame exactly what the car was doing real-time.

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

http://www.norcal1320media.com/view_video.php?viewkey=72e42b59d74cff571fbb

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
9.95 @138 on motor......
That's a Turd? LOL [Eek!]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have not had the car scaled yet then by all means get that done. Theo at Wizard Racing in Woodland can scale your car and get your suspension set correctly. His number is on his web-site.

wizard-racing.com

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
9.95 @138 on motor......
That's a Turd? LOL [Eek!]

What can I say? I have high expectations [Smile]

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by KevinL:
If you have not had the car scaled yet then by all means get that done. Theo at Wizard Racing in Woodland can scale your car and get your suspension set correctly. His number is on his web-site.

wizard-racing.com

Thanks for the lead. Turbo Todd, the guy that used to tune on Norm's old cars, Jason Mack's, and now Dave Bowman's, has scaled the car for me. One major issue (which you can see from the behind the car view) is that the rearend is rolling so much because of the bushings that we are using for the control arms. I'm actually looking at upgrading the whole rear suspension to:

-wolfe uppers/lowers
-wolfe torque arm bar
-strange dbl adjustable shocks
-coil overs
-spherical bushings

This should make things much more solid and much more tuneable.

Greg

--------------------

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why not ladder bars?
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Why not ladder bars?

I have some personal goals with stock suspension that I want to get. Not with this motor....but I would like to put a huge big block in this thing, naturally aspirated, and shoot for 7s....insane eh? [Smile]

--------------------

KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
7's on a stock suspension--you're a brave man.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

quote:

insanity at its finest! and i wouldn't doubt the goal for a second! haha good luck!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:

7s on stock isn't unheard of...naturally aspirated and stock suspension in the 7s IS unheard of [Smile]

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

true 28x10 ?? Do it on a radial too!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:

ET Drag...I swear by 'em...

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:

On a much slower 10 second N/A setup we swapped from 26x10 ET Drags to 26x10 Hoosiers & knocked off .05 off the 60ft on the first run. Best with any ET Drag on that car was 1.52 (we ran 26x8.5's & 26x10's). The Hoosiers netted a 1.47 right off the bat. They also don't pill-up like the ET Drags were doing.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:

On a much slower 10 second N/A setup we swapped from 26x10 ET Drags to 26x10 Hoosiers & knocked off .05 off the 60ft on the first run. Best with any ET Drag on that car was 1.52 (we ran 26x8.5's & 26x10's). The Hoosiers netted a 1.47 right off the bat. They also don't pill-up like the ET Drags were doing.
That's interesting...good to know. I haven't ever run anything but the M/T ET Drags. Back in the day with my old 10.8 car, it went a best of a 1.46 sixty on the jug but would average a 1.48...same car would pull 1.56-1.58 on the motor (running 12.0). My brother is trying to get me to put a drag radial on the coupe.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I tried twice at sac in the summer but had no luck getting the car to hook. I should have listened to the old timers telling me to wait til it cools down. But nope I wanted to get out there and was anxious to do so. Now I'm sitting here waiting just like the old timers told me to do. And sac never preps on grudge or tnt's either so that doubles the suck.

[ August 30, 2007, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

My brother did that with thier Pinto And the car hook great amatter of a fact so good they got new headers out of the deal LOL ::wheel stand::

[ August 30, 2007, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Cm4hawks ]

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
I tried twice at sac in the summer but had no luck getting the car to hook. I should have listened to the old timers telling me to wait til it cools down. But nope I wanted to get out there and was anxious to do so. Now I'm sitting here waiting just like the old timers told me to do. And sac never preps on grudge or tnt's either so that doubles the suck.

I wouldn't say never [Roll Eyes] as some of my best times and 60's were at some of those events granted i wasn't in the same hp club as you big boyz.

But juts like what 93pony and i were saying about the last grudge.....sac + heat + hp = [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

Too frustrating to wrench, drive, and sit in the hott asss staging lanes!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's why I still have a/c in my car. When I'm in the staging lanes sitting in the car my a/c is on and I'm sitting there cool as hell even if its 100 degrees outside.

Yep and you can think sac has great prep til you make 700+ hp then try it again. Last time I was at the track everyone was raving at how good the prep was, well, everyone except the high hp guys of course. We all thought it sucked balls!

[ August 30, 2007, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Smile] physc LOL

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com