Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Mustang Madness 6/23/07 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mustang Madness 6/23/07
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not as many cars as I expected to see, but there were a couple quick rides.

I was there with my car sorting out the "new car" bugs, and working through clutch problems. I didn't get a good pass at all, but made a couple adjustments...some in the right direction, and some in the wrong.

I was not at all impressed with Sac Raceway when it came to the water box. If you are going to have an event that has classes specifically for car running slicks, have someone to tend to the water boxes!!!

I realize that the majority of the cars there were street tire cars that avoid the water, but when you have to stop, and wave down the starter to put down some water almost every pass, and he gives you attitude about it...I was not impressed!

For the money you have to put out to race there, you would think that they could have a dedicated "water boy"

[ June 24, 2007, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
STANGSALLY76
¯
Member # 5342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGSALLY76  Ford pictures for STANGSALLY76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the track was b.s and the turnout was a joke
this event was way better 2-3 years ago. [Confused]

--------------------
92 LX deep into the 10's on the motor with street tires coming soon
its just a little small block

Posts: 1133 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well looks like I am glad that I missed it.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Lockdown2018GT
¯
Member # 5735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lockdown2018GT  Ford pictures for Lockdown2018GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STANGSALLY76:

Yeah The track was really bad I felt Embarrassed [Embarrassed] How my car ran I could not get my 60ft times close to 2.1,I was in 315 Nittos drag radials
ntimid8
¯
Member # 1498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ntimid8  Ford pictures for ntimid8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:

For the money you have to put out to race there, you would think that they could have a dedicated "water boy"

Shaun was there, maybe the hose was to high for him to grab. lol Hi Shaun!

--------------------
"Happiness is being stroked and Blown"

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So Mustang Madness was really Mustang SADNESS. Oh well glad I didn't go. I hope sac doesn't get lazy for track prep!!!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
hallbros
¯
Member # 5929

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hallbros  Ford pictures for hallbros    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We made 8 passes at Mustang Madness we had 7 1.48 60' times and 1 1.51 60'. Sunday at the Summit series race we made 7 passes, all 1.46 60' times in the left lane, 2 1.48's in the right(lost coin flips). We had no troubles whatsoever downtrack either day......but then again we're not trying to set any records with a conservative 10.90-11.00 set up.
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many cars were there and how many time trials did you get before the eliminations started?

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
03SVT
¯
Member # 5987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVT  Ford pictures for 03SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lockdown03. I know for a fact that if you had another set of tires instead of those nittos like the mickey thompson or the BFG's you would of a cut 1.5 to 1.7 in your sleep as far as 60 foot times. THose are by far the sh*ttiest Drag radials money can buy only good for the street. Never purchase Nittos with that much horsepower

--------------------
03 Cobra (wife), 06 G35 Coupe (sold), 07 TBSS (mistress), 07 F150 Harley Davidson (girlfriend) 08 BMW M5 (side chick),

Lockdown2018GT
¯
Member # 5735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lockdown2018GT  Ford pictures for Lockdown2018GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVT:
A lockdown03. I know for a fact that if you had another set of tires instead of those nittos like the mickey thompson or the BFG's you would of a cut 1.5 to 1.7 in your sleep as far as 60 foot times. THose are by far the sh*ttiest Drag radials money can buy only good for the street. Never purchase Nittos with that much horsepower

Were you at the track on SAturday?I met alot cool people [Smile] ,Next time i will try another sets of tires that is for sure.
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who had the two-tone 03-04 Cobra red and dark red or black. Running the slicks slipping and sliding.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

LS1EATR
¯
Member # 2702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LS1EATR  Ford pictures for LS1EATR  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man that cobra two tone was crazy it was all over the place, I'll say the pressure on those tires were to low.. [Eek!]

--------------------
"IF U CAN SEE MY TAIL LIGHTS
U MUST BE DRIVING A "CHEVY"
NORCALSVTOA
A.E.D
98 Cobra BAB SOLD

Posts: 1193 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow someone else saw that! When he went to race Lockdown he tired to burn out and couldn't muster it. The rear left tire basically looked flat!
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That cobra was all over the place. Who had the red or i think it was burgandy gt foxbody with a really loud whine? Really clean car!

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phat50:
Who had the red or i think it was burgandy gt foxbody with a really loud whine? Really clean car!

Had the chrome Cobra R's? Don't know, but it was Vortech T-Trimed with cogs. Very nice car!

Lems

LS1EATR
¯
Member # 2702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LS1EATR  Ford pictures for LS1EATR  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a picture of that foxbody your talking about, but not sure if it would be okay if I post his pictures, but yea it was pretty fast I think he ran 11.4 on slicks, met the guy in a cruise [patriot]

--------------------
NORCALSVTOA
A.E.D
98 Cobra BAB SOLD

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That foxbody was fast and clean. [worship]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
STANGSALLY76
¯
Member # 5342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGSALLY76  Ford pictures for STANGSALLY76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Lockdown03cobra:
quote:
Originally posted by STANGSALLY76:

Yeah The track was really bad I felt Embarrassed [Embarrassed] How my car ran I could not get my 60ft times close to 2.1,I was in 315 Nittos drag radials
YEP FULL SLICKS 28-10.50-15 RAN 1.63 60FT
RUNNIN SIDEWAYS AND I WAS N/A THATS SOME B.S
[Confused]

--------------------
92 LX deep into the 10's on the motor with street tires coming soon
its just a little small block

Posts: 1133 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody get a picture of that silver and black 86 four eye t-top?

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The red Gt was my boys car. Nice car I didn't think it had 11.40's in it. I got some video of most of the cars there but can't find my usb cable to down load it. As soon as I can I'll post some videos.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

LS1EATR
¯
Member # 2702

i thought he got that, might be wrong, but o well.. [patriot]

--------------------
NORCALSVTOA
A.E.D
98 Cobra BAB SOLD

RockerShocker
¯
Member # 6219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockerShocker  Ford pictures for RockerShocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, that cobra REALLY needed to up the tire pressure. And the fox with the T-trim was fairly fast for what was done. But man, with a better set of heads it could have been so much faster.

--------------------
Cheap, Fast, Reliable.. You can pick 2.

Posts: 196 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
RockerShocker
¯
Member # 6219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockerShocker  Ford pictures for RockerShocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I left early, really expected more cars. pretty sad. And whats with all the supercharged 05's not able to get out of the 13's...sad.

--------------------
Cheap, Fast, Reliable.. You can pick 2.

Posts: 196 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RockerShocker:
I left early, really expected more cars. pretty sad. And whats with all the supercharged 05's not able to get out of the 13's...sad.

Wow, really [Confused]

I bolted on a cold air, tune, 17" drag radials and ran a 12.9 first/only run. Talk about shitty drivers!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com