Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » who wants to go to infineon 3-28-07??? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: who wants to go to infineon 3-28-07???
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by da Chosen OnE:
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
i'm going to check the weather now. i'll be out there on drag radials, but 1. i don't know how to do a brake stand & 2.my rearend has 136,000 miles on it, so i'm praying everything holds up. i look at it like this... as long as my tires are spinning my rearend should last

just dont warm em up.....tracked is sprayed wit VHT anyway so it'll be pretty sticky

do u wanna risk breaking ur shit to run a good as time, or run an ok time if u spin a lil??

trust me slicks will make a difference on ur car i havent had any problems with them yet [patriot]
i'll probably get the M/T drag radials or something.......but i dont think the 275/40/17's will fit my stock 17x8 rims....

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
C'mon guys havin sticky tires and not spinnin is the whole idea in Drag Racing [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

Nowadays it's not even worth my gas and $$ to go up to the track knowing i don't have the car ready.

Although i do know the "itch" to get to the track [Big Grin]

My policy is if it can't handle the abuse then it's the weak link and need's to be upgraded with better part's. If it's a daily driver and You don't have the money to fix it if it break's then it's probaby best not to be at the strip on street or sticky's.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullitt4110  Ford pictures for bullitt4110    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i'll probably get the M/T drag radials or something.......but i dont think the 275/40/17's will fit my stock 17x8 rims....

They will fit, but will buldge over a little.

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06
-SOLD: Whippled 03 Cobra
-SOLD: Vortech'd 01 Bullitt #4110

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bullitt4110:
quote:

They will fit, but will buldge over a little.
what about the same size but nitto 555r's???

maybe i'll just get the nittos

although i like how the mt's look and hook better

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say go out there and run your shit and if you break it then you know what the weak link is. Then just upgrade and fix it. This is drag racing not princess nail polishing. What good is it to have a powerful car if you're too scared to put the power to the ground or if you are unable to put it to the ground. All that "would be" power doesn't do you any good. If you do any sort of drag racing you'll find this out soon enough. The first 1/8th is much more important than the last 1/8th. Hell I can beat just about every street car here just coasting the last 1/8th. And my car is heavier, stock irs, and only has a 180 cubic inch motor. The 60 is where races are won and lost. So being able to get all of your power to the ground during the 1st half of the track (especially out of the hole) is the key. Slicks or go home!!!!!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
I say go out there and run your shit and if you break it then you know what the weak link is. Then just upgrade and fix it. This is drag racing not princess nail polishing. What good is it to have a powerful car if you're too scared to put the power to the ground or if you are unable to put it to the ground. All that "would be" power doesn't do you any good. If you do any sort of drag racing you'll find this out soon enough. The first 1/8th is much more important than the last 1/8th. Hell I can beat just about every street car here just coasting the last 1/8th. And my car is heavier, stock irs, and only has a 180 cubic inch motor. The 60 is where races are won and lost. So being able to get all of your power to the ground during the 1st half of the track (especially out of the hole) is the key. Slicks or go home!!!!!

powerful car??? sadly i have less than 300rwhp and about 300rwtq [Frown] ........for now [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I was comparing most of you guys to lawnmowers!!!!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Well I was comparing most of you guys to lawnmowers!!!!

ha.....ha.....ha [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, it all depends on what your racing for. I could have a 12 second car and run 14 seconds consistently all night long to win the trophy as so I see fit. Or I could try and beat the hell out of my car to try and get my fastest time. Either way, i'm going to have fun.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
Well, it all depends on what your racing for. I could have a 12 second car and run 14 seconds consistently all night long to win the trophy as so I see fit. Or I could try and beat the hell out of my car to try and get my fastest time. Either way, i'm going to have fun.

true...... [patriot]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My best run was my first run of the night(unfortunately) at a 12.9. After that, my front splitter decided to come loose and acted as a parachute past 100mph. After removal of it I noticed that my passenger side front tire was showing metal on the inner ring of the tire. I had to call a quits and didn't even make it to eliminations. There were lots of bad @$$ cars out there including that mineral grey gt w/ a cam who ran an 11.38 (last I saw). Overall, I had a good time, and it was nice meeting some of you.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Mfracing
¯
Member # 4034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mfracing  Ford pictures for Mfracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that gt had n20! i took my bike out and couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground 1st and 2nd gear so my 60' really sucked, but it was great for tv! did you see my buddy dump his ninga? i was in staging right behind him also tv gold!

--------------------
302hp/361tq
12.6e/t@105mph
Amazon Tuning Solutions
Mel and Son's Mufflers
Super Six Motorsports
Mizzi's Automotive
Main Machine

shamis935
¯
Member # 6300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamis935  Ford pictures for shamis935    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you guys know who the people filming were? it would be cool to see if my car was on there at all.

--------------------
'03 cobra

Mfracing
¯
Member # 4034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mfracing  Ford pictures for Mfracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
comcast to be shown in april, i don't know what channal but my friend that dumped his bike got a card so i can find out. they said there going to be there every other month.

--------------------
302hp/361tq
12.6e/t@105mph
Amazon Tuning Solutions
Mel and Son's Mufflers
Super Six Motorsports
Mizzi's Automotive
Main Machine

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That gray gt was my car. My best was an 11.32, and I think theres some more in it.
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:
That gray gt was my car. My best was an 11.32, and I think theres some more in it.

wow that was your car. damn that was quick. i got a small vid of your car taking off nice [Wink]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i got real bad times... i could not put on my slicks the tire shop over tighten the nuts and where real hard to take off!
my best was 14.3 @ 96 with a 2.2 60 foot time.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could you please post the video on youtube. thanks a lot
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

yea i just need to find the cored to my cell so i can plug it in to the comp.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

PacGreenCobra
¯
Member # 7387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PacGreenCobra  Ford pictures for PacGreenCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seems like everyone had a great time.
Did anyone get interviewed by comcast?

I only got 4 runs. 2 really shitty and two decent.
I need to make a habit out of removing the extra mats from the driver side. My first run felt extremely weak and it was , once again, because the mat had slid under the gas pedal. [Mad]

Ended up cutting a .003 light which is my best to this day.. and got to test out different launching styles.

so.. 13.20 102mph [Mad]
13.10 @ 103
12.91 @ 104
12.93 @ 104

the car might go 12.80s which would be excellent for only 104mphs.
We'll see what happens next Wednesday.. can't wait.

--------------------
=(

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:

I need to make a habit out of removing the extra mats from the driver side. My first run felt extremely weak and it was , once again, because the mat had slid under the gas pedal. [Mad]

Ended up cutting a .003 light which is my best to this day.. and got to test out different launching styles.

so.. 13.20 102mph [Mad]
13.10 @ 103
12.91 @ 104
12.93 @ 104

Was your car the white SVT?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah.. white 96 cobra. black rims.. there was another one just like mine though.. this is what mine looks like.
 -

--------------------
=(

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

yea i member you i think i was in the lane next to you a couple of cars down.... nice car

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:

so.. 13.20 102mph [Mad]
13.10 @ 103
12.91 @ 104
12.93 @ 104

ya i dont run mats anymore.....

damnit im very curious to see what i run

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com