Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Video: 06GT 12 Second Pass (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Video: 06GT 12 Second Pass
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh shiat.. here we go.
i dunno Don, the gt500 wich is almost as heavy as your car went 12.30s, and that has a blower! [Eek!]
i'm sure you'll get mid 12s with just gears.
Good luck to you Bro. i really hope you can get it done.

i'm happy with where i'm at.
I gotto concentrate on working the tree now, the car seems to run pretty consistenly and i joined NHRA today and will be running points this year [Eek!] [patriot]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know it'll be tough so we'll have to wait and see. It won't happen this year.

I want to get the 93 out of storage and get that back as a daily driver. This Nissan is getting boring.....

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I know it'll be tough so we'll have to wait and see. It won't happen this year.

I want to get the 93 out of storage and get that back as a daily driver. This Nissan is getting boring.....

Been there, Don. I have faith you can get the job done. More than one way to drop ET... [burnout] [Big Grin]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Full bolt on 3v's with cams are in the 360-370 rwhp range. Thats every bolt on. CAI,throttle body,eliminate the plates in the intake. Long tubes + full exhaust , u/d pulleys,little bit of weight reduction and real slicks. Carbon fibre 1 piece drive shaft.cams and new springs. It will be expensive but I wouldn't say impossible.

People have been underestimating these 3v motors since day 1. These motors have variable valve timing and most people don't realise the potential that creates. You will not hit 11's without cams,you are gonna need the extra 30rwhp from the cams to beat the 12's.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
Oh shiat.. here we go.
i dunno Don, the gt500 wich is almost as heavy as your car went 12.30s, and that has a blower! [Eek!]

Gt500 4150 race weight,he's about 3700 depending on how much he weighs. Its also front heavy with the iron block and blower.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
You will not hit 11's without cams,you are gonna need the extra 30rwhp from the cams to beat the 12's.

Remember you said that [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
quote:
You will not hit 11's without cams,you are gonna need the extra 30rwhp from the cams to beat the 12's.

Maybe we can have a race to the 11's on motor [Wink] I will use cams [Razz]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
quote:
quote:

You can, like I said though, due to funding, this will not be taking place for a while, BUT I WILL HIT THE 11'S WITH BOLT ONS ONLY, N/A.

Edit: are you even in the 12's [Confused]

[ January 10, 2007, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You can, like I said though, due to funding, this will not be taking place for a while, BUT I WILL HIT THE 11'S WITH BOLT ONS ONLY, N/A.

I'm waiting till the warranty is up anyways.

No but I went 13.11 @ 106 with 25 psi in the tires.
[Smile]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[QUOTE]

ouch
[Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
=(

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]

ouch
[Eek!] [Razz]

I'm stuck in the 13's with the rest of the losers [Razz]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Full bolt-ons,drag suspension,slicks and a diet will get you there. Mach's have done it , so why can't 05+ cars do it?
It's good to have goals in this hobby , it makes it that much more fun.
Good luck Don [patriot]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]

ouch
[Eek!] [Razz]

I didn't mean it like that, it was an honest question. No jab intended. Shit, I'm BARELY in the 12's myself.

--------------------

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Time slip reads:

Dial: 12.98
R/T: -.038 (redlight, 1 and only run)
60': 1.933
330': 5.448
660': 8.340
MPH: 84.95
1000': 10.836

1/4: 12.967
MPH: 105.55

Didn't want it to get burried in the other thread

well a 12.967 with an .038 red light advantage doesnt that make it an 13.005 real time 2/4 mile time... or am i calculating this wrong... so really ur not in the 12's yet [Razz]

just throwing some bs out there for u DON... LOL JOHN

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also what hp levels does it take to get into the 12's
Also into the 11's all in a race weight of 3100#.

or is it hp/gear ratio to make it to those times

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

LMFAO, the light has NOTHING to do with 1/4 mile time, NOTHING.

[Roll Eyes]

[Wink]

--------------------

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

quote:
LMFAO, the light has NOTHING to do with 1/4 mile time, NOTHING.

[Roll Eyes]

[Wink]

lol well rookie me havent been in this game for over 6+yrs ... how about my other ? also looking for some nice 1/4 times just needto know hp/gear combo to get there JOHN

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

John, no deadset numbers. 90% will come from person behind the wheel.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

hopefuly you'll only need 104mph for 12s [Big Grin]
Otherwise unless i pull 1mph out of my ass i'll be stuck in the 13s for another month. [Frown]

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]

ouch
[Eek!] [Razz]

I'm stuck in the 13's with the rest of the losers [Razz]
what was a great come back. Let me get back to you n monday night? [Wink]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Don,

You are really close to what Ron was running with the same mods. He will be adding more bolt-ons before you, so we will see how close he gets to 11's NA. I think that cams may be necessary as well. He'll probably get to 12.20 with ideal conditions and bias ply ET Streets without cams, but that last 2-3 tenths are going to be hard to come by without weight reduction and drag suspension.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Weight reduction will come in replacing the drive shaft with an aluminum piece, control arms and other stuff like that. CAr will not have stripped interior etc. I will run 11's and look just like it does now [Wink]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Craig is a little more optomistic then I am... 12.20's with a few more bolt-on's?... I don't think so. I did get close to the 12.30's with my 12.41 but that was a weekend event with ET bias ply tires and off-road "H" pipe. That's three things the car might not see again.

With the cops cracking down on smog violations I am probably going to put the stock "H" pipe back on. Also, I will be running drag radials instead of the bias ply tires. The only reason I would go to a weekend event is to try to better my best time and with the set up I will be running I don't believe that will be possible so there is no point.

I'm pretty happy with where my car is right now and if I can stay consistant in the 12.5's with drag radials, I will be perfectly satisfied (my feelings are subject to change). If in the future I can't keep up with the four cylinder cars, I will have to get a blower but for now I'm just trying to keep my new transmission in one piece.

-Ron

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pony:
Craig is a little more optomistic then I am... 12.20's with a few more bolt-on's?... I don't think so. I did get close to the 12.30's with my 12.41 but that was a weekend event with ET bias ply tires and off-road "H" pipe. That's three things the car might not see again.

With the cops cracking down on smog violations I am probably going to put the stock "H" pipe back on. Also, I will be running drag radials instead of the bias ply tires. The only reason I would go to a weekend event is to try to better my best time and with the set up I will be running I don't believe that will be possible so there is no point.

I'm pretty happy with where my car is right now and if I can stay consistant in the 12.5's with drag radials, I will be perfectly satisfied (my feelings are subject to change). If in the future I can't keep up with the four cylinder cars, I will have to get a blower but for now I'm just trying to keep my new transmission in one piece.

-Ron

why are you changing the ET streets? aren't those as consistent as you can get?
I wanna get a test run on the et drag radials. i might change later on too.. i'm getting sick and tired of swaping tires at the track.
I don't mind doing it on weekend events, but it's just a hussle on wednesday nights

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I'm really not worried what the car will run. I got it to make a 12 second pass with only a cold air as power adders go.

Likely going to get some 18x10 & 18x9 Boyd Coddington Wheels for it next.

Took the car out last night and am really happy with the comfort of the ride and power when I floor it. Not going to rip this up like I do fox bodies of the past.

Thanks CAFords [patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com