Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Infineon 1/07 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Infineon 1/07
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
Hey Don,

Jersey is launching really well now, so the only way someone could do better is if he could shift faster or if he picked a better shift point.

Craig

Thanks, my shifting needs improvement.
I got some good hand positioning tips from Don and Vince on the later rounds (after missing a gear and getting sideways) where the heck can i get that extra 1mph...
I need to learn to power shift. granny shifting is not cutting it.

I think i might remove my seats and go on a diet for the next event. [Razz] [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

Edit: Remember, that was my only real run knowing what the tires could do. A 1.933 60 foot is NOT NEARLY the best I can get out of them. They have consistent 1.8's in them easy and that should equate to consistent high 12.8's.

I totally agree. i wish we could have lined up a second time. it would have been a close race. his 12.98 to my 13.02.
We need that on tape.

[Razz]

[ January 08, 2007, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

Edit: Remember, that was my only real run knowing what the tires could do. A 1.933 60 foot is NOT NEARLY the best I can get out of them. They have consistent 1.8's in them easy and that should equate to consistent high 12.8's.

I totally agree. i wish we could have lined up a second time. it would have been a close race. his 12.98 to my 13.02.
We need that on tape.

That would have been a GREAT race to see from three views, starting line, mid track and finish line. THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!]

http://jaybquick.com/Movies/12secrunin'06GT.mpg

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice.. Ron sounded so excited [Razz]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:

LOL, my personal cheer leader, [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Don,

I can't believe those tires hook that well. Sorry if I misled you. The only car that I have actually raced with those tires was Deray's turbo 331 and roadrace suspension. That was a little different with that much power. I believe that I managed a 1.78 60ft on my 11.60 pass at 122mph, but the rest of them were in the 1.9's because I tried to launch a little harder and kept spinning.

Even on your 12.96 run, you can see that the car bogs a little. I guess you need to launch it even harder or try to slip the clutch a little. Trying to finess the clutch is a pain in the ass. I like to find the right rpm and just drop it. It is also very difficult to get a good reaction while feathering the clutch.

Jersey, I forgot to congratulate you on making it to the semi finals. It sounds like you are running that thing really consistently. Don't line up with me in eliminations when I get back out there!

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Craig, can't wait to see you back out there every week! In the mustang that is [Wink]

I think Jersey may need me to be side by side with him to push his shifting etc that extra .02!

--------------------

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i seen you guys run... i went up there with Steve, i have the orange camaro.... very impressive cars...
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
i seen you guys run... i went up there with Steve, i have the orange camaro.... very impressive cars...

Thanks, I saw you and your car but don't think I met you. Next time!

Don

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

LOL, my personal cheer leader, [Whoo Whooooo!]
Well after waiting 6 hours I finally got to see something exciting so I couldn't hold back.

Don, You have to remember you won't be able to launch that thing at 4000 on a Wednesday night. The weekend events are always prep'd better especially after two 45 min clean ups and extra layers of VHT this weekend. The guy who oiled the track down the first time they let run again and he oiled it down for a second time. Anyway, I ran a set of Nitto's, which aren't much better than street tires, on a weekend event and dead hooked at 3500rpm launch. I pumped them up two lbs for the next run and launched at 3500 again and it blew them off through first and second gear. So, if those MT radials are anything like the Nitto's they have a small margin when it comes to the "sweet" spot.

Jersey, congrats on the semi-finals, you were launching the hell out of your car. I thought your shifts were very good, not much room for improvement. I don't know why your speed wasn't in the 105's when the air was nice and cool and there was no wind at all. It wouldn't hurt to change your fuel filter and maybe run a pound more of air pressure in the rear tires or a little less fuel in the tank. Maybe even check your TPS voltage to make sure you are getting full throttle and what the hell are you doing with two floor mats on the drivers side?... take them out when you race.

I will hopefully be able to start on my car soon but I don't have a garage to work in so I'm waiting until the temp gets a little higher and there is no chance of rain. I'm going to run the same tires as Don so I hope I can still keep getting low 1.7's with them.

-Ron

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Thanks again Ron [patriot]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, even with the new motor I will not be able to make it out every week. With 2 kids now and gas prices where they are, I will lucky if I make it out twice a month.

I can't believe how well these little 3 and 4 valve per cylinder 4.6 motors do. I had to do a lot to my car to be able to run what Don just did. Hell, even the 2 valve 4.6's do pretty well, like the one in my wife's Explorer, which is the same as the Mustang not the F150.

4.6 Power

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well, even with the new motor I will not be able to make it out every week. With 2 kids now and gas prices where they are, I will lucky if I make it out twice a month.

I can't believe how well these little 3 and 4 valve per cylinder 4.6 motors do. I had to do a lot to my car to be able to run what Don just did. Hell, even the 2 valve 4.6's do pretty well, like the one in my wife's Explorer, which is the same as the Mustang not the F150.

4.6 Power

I love my little 4.6L [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

4.6 Power

Craig, I thought you were going to bust out a link to the video of you beating Jersey again when you were driving the Explorer. I guess you are being nice to him this time [Big Grin]

[ January 10, 2007, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pony:
quote:

4.6 Power

Craig, I thought you were going to bust out a link to the video of you beating Jersey again when you were driving the Explorer. I guess you are being nice to him this time [Big Grin]
atually i won.
don't think someone beating a 14 sec AOD convertible says much [Razz]

--------------------
=(

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com