Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac raceway Nitrous Rules (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sac raceway Nitrous Rules
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
As of now, your car would not pass tech via the rules.

No blowdown tube...
Fuel line cannot have more than 12" of rubber...
Battery hold-down has to be 3/8" J bolts...not 5/16th...

And are you really trusting that DuraSpark igntion with squeeze??

I was wondering what u mean by fuel line cannot have more than 12 inches of rubber? thats the stock fuel line.. do i have to get a braided one?
Y do u need 3/8th j hooks? I have a small shot on the car right now. im not gonna put a bigger one till i upgrade the fuel and ignition system

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you talking about sac raceway? ive raced there with this tyedown and thew didnt say anything. they said it was good.. but ur probably right i dont know any of the rules..
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's quite possible they overlook it all.

The fuel line isn't stock. Carb'd models had a hard (steel) line up to the connection at the carb. Technically, you cannot have more than 12" of rubber fuel line inside the engine bay.

And I'm not hating..!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
You may need a rollbar in that beast too...

No roll bar needed for this "beast." No helmet needed either!!!!
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
It's quite possible they overlook it all.

The fuel line isn't stock. Carb'd models had a hard (steel) line up to the connection at the carb. Technically, you cannot have more than 12" of rubber fuel line inside the engine bay.

And I'm not hating..!! [Big Grin]

When i Bought the car 4 years ago it was totaly stock.. that fuel line was on it so i guess the people before me changed it..
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
Originally posted by PopTheHood:
Bring some friends and have them push it.. u could have like 3 human power..

how about i put it on a trailer and have my friend tow it with his L. well need maybe a lenght or two.

i know some people that would be down to run. pm me if your interested, keep this off the board.

Whats an L?
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lightening...

--------------------

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

oh ok.. how fast are those?
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Depends...look at #15 on the Top 50 Listing.

--------------------

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Damn.. thats not stock though.. im not that fast anyway... i know im in the low 12's though.. so thats good enough to beat a stock one.. Right?
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still feel hate in the atmosphere?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':

UH... OKAY
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':

UH... OKAY
not talking to you

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Thats nice
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
 -
 -
 -
 -

Have you tracked it yet? What does it run, 16s?

[ October 25, 2006, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

nah thats to fast.. id say like 19's or 20's man.. ur crazy sayin 16's thats hella fast..haha
I dunno. what do people with the same shit run? I dont have a role cage, blowdown tube, under 12 inches of rubber fuel line in the engine compartment and 3/8ths j/hooks not 5/16ths.. so im not allowed to run. I got that info from Jon B except for the cage..

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

have you ran it NA at the track?

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ive ran it before i had h/c/i and NAWWWWZZZZ. i ran 13.8 @ 99.8 And a 1.84 60.. ive beaten SRT8 chargers on the street by at least 10 cars and 06 evos and STI's by 6 or more so i have no clue what i run.. That was on the 100 shot..low 12's high 11's I dunno..
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

What do people with the same stuff? or minus the NAWWWZZZ? I heard heads and gears put you borderline into the 12's.. is that true?
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

for a stock motored Vert that seems about right.

This is my buddies stock LX hatch
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001467;p=&r=nfx

you should atleast try to run it once or twice with out the jug to get some baseline numbers and se what the NA is capable of doing. They might let you slide for a little bit with out the cage. I say its worth a shot.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

would it have made a big bifference in my car if i removed the sway bay and had skinnys in the front?
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Well not like a ton, but you could always be trying to out do your best. And when you out to best yourself, anything could help. Skinnies are gona lower your weight and your rotational mass so that allows the car to move a little easier and if you can transfer weight easier with the sway bar off. Then you could 60ft better and lower your time that way as well. I don't have skinnies or slicks cause I am trying to make my car go as fast as I can get it to go in full everyday street trim.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com