Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Anyone going to the 1st Saturday TNT??? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone going to the 1st Saturday TNT???
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have fun out there guys!

Wish i could go but gotta spend the weekend with the lady (B-Day) [Wink]

Really wanted to hang out and see all the cars run.....hope someone brought a camcorder.

[burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, we got the 2 ton vert Cobra into the 10's today, but not by much. I ran a 10.96 missing 4th gear, which I proceeded to miss EVERY RUN! I swear, I just can't drive a car with a T handle shifter to save my life!

All in all, it was a good day at the track. Lots of fast stangs out, not a lot of breakage, (sorry Mark [Frown] ), and some new best times for a few members of the board. I will work on getting the list updated tomorrow, btw.

Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yeah, Tony, where did you go?

Problems?

--------------------
AED

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I took off early...I lost my oil cap thanks to another backfire. I wasn't paying attention and hit the rev limiter in 2nd. The car seems fine though. I just need a new air filter.

I think that's it for me and racing. What happened to Mark?

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate rev-limiters! LOL

I have both of the stangs limiters set to 7500rpm. One we shift at 6600, the other at 6000.

I ran a new best & am happy with the new converter....seemed to do the trick. Still need to work on my 60fts though.....maybe just a bit more tire & it'll hook....hopefully.

1.679 60ft Launching at 1200rpm
10.52 @132mph & 106mph in the 1/8th.

Damn....I remember when the wife's GT was running no more than 105mph in the 1/4! My how things change.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
I hate rev-limiters! LOL

I have both of the stangs limiters set to 7500rpm. One we shift at 6600, the other at 6000.

I ran a new best & am happy with the new converter....seemed to do the trick. Still need to work on my 60fts though.....maybe just a bit more tire & it'll hook....hopefully.

Damn....I remember when the wife's GT was running no more than 105mph in the 1/4! My how things change.

That's awesome Shaun...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Well, we got the 2 ton vert Cobra into the 10's today, but not by much. I ran a 10.96 missing 4th gear, which I proceeded to miss EVERY RUN! I swear, I just can't drive!

Drew

Fixed it for ya....

Did you make any clean passes today Buddy?
I think you need a slushbox...
Stab & Steer baby! [Razz]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
I hate rev-limiters! LOL

That's awesome Shaun...
Thanks Tony. [Smile]
Hopefully, there's more to come.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so what happened to mark, he called me with the 10.9 but never got a I blew it up call

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
so what happened to mark, he called me with the 10.9 but never got a I blew it up call

No I don't think it's blown up. I still have full oil pressure and it sound's like something came loose in the valve cover's like hopefully a rocker came loose or something [Confused] . On a good note I ran consistant 10.9's with a best of 10.906 & best MPH wAS 126.024.
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:

No I don't think it's blown up. I still have full oil pressure and it sound's like something came loose in the valve cover's like hopefully a rocker came loose or something [Confused] . On a good note I ran consistant 10.9's with a best of 10.906 & best MPH wAS 126.024.
[Whoo Whooooo!]

Nice! I didn't see you back up that 10.98 on the first run of the day. 10.80's now with a little racegas & timing?

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah once I figure out what My problem is I am planning on putting some skinny's on. I ran 4 10.9's today with the only 11 second pass being the one where the problem occured. Your car was running very consistant also [worship] .

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Yeah once I figure out what My problem is I am planning on putting some skinny's on. I ran 4 10.9's today with the only 11 second pass being the one where the problem occured. Your car was running very consistant also [worship] .

When you get it fixed and put some skinnies on that car you are going to pick up some good time.

Again, congads on getting in the 10's! [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:
Well, we got the 2 ton vert Cobra into the 10's today, but not by much. I ran a 10.96 missing 4th gear, which I proceeded to miss EVERY RUN! I swear, I just can't drive!

Drew

Fixed it for ya....

Hey, I had a few first today.

- 1st time I have ever ran a 10 while missing 4th

- 1st time missing more gears than I hit

- 1st time granny shifting to a 10 second pass

- 1st time hitting 2nd twice in one run [Eek!]

- 1st 127 MPH pass

- 1st 100 MPH in the 1/8

Now I just need to go 127 in the 1/4 and 100 in the 1/8 in my own car. [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
quote:

When you get it fixed and put some skinnies on that car you are going to pick up some good time.

Again, congads on getting in the 10's! [burnout]

Thank's.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Drew

Fixed it for ya....

Hey, I had a few first today.

- 1st time I have ever ran a 10 while missing 4th

- 1st time missing more gears than I hit

- 1st time granny shifting to a 10 second pass

- 1st time hitting 2nd twice in one run [Eek!]

- 1st 127 MPH pass

- 1st 100 MPH in the 1/8

Now I just need to go 127 in the 1/4 and 100 in the 1/8 in my own car. [Big Grin]

lol.. that was funny. Congrats.

--------------------
=(

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com