Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TNT/Grudge weekend......

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: TNT/Grudge weekend......
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope to have the Cobra ready for the friday night TNT and if it runs well maybe the Grudge to follow.

Anyone else making it out?

[burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when is it. i wanna go.

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
UveLost
¯
Member # 6450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UveLost  Ford pictures for UveLost  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Hope to have the Cobra ready for the friday night TNT and if it runs well maybe the Grudge to follow.

Anyone else making it out?

[burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

where is it at? Sac?

--------------------
'00 GT- Lots of upgrades and still slow

Posts: 11 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is this weekend i believe Fri - TNT & Sat - Grudge.

At least that what SacRaceway website says.

Please inform me if i'm way off here so i don't waste my time getting the car ready [Razz]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

white50steve
¯
Member # 5887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white50steve  Ford pictures for white50steve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be at grudge night saturaday it starts at 6
Posts: 161 | From: south san francisco | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only thing that is gona suck is that there will be a lot of junior dragsters out at TNT. They have an event on Saturday morning. Grudge might be better to go to.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

folsomZ06
Member # 6964

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for folsomZ06  Ford pictures for folsomZ06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Pat...

I'm down for either night just let me know when you are going. I think Alvin and Del might be down for Friday night but I am not sure.

Dale

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
The only thing that is gona suck is that there will be a lot of junior dragsters out at TNT. They have an event on Saturday morning. Grudge might be better to go to.

I know it sux to just sit there and watch the little ones go but i need to log some info and possibly try an couple different tunes while there and if possible maybe the small pulley with the race tune.

Rather do it at TNT than at Grudge.

Dale..... Nice screen-name [Razz]

I'll probably be out for sure Friday it's Grudge i'm not sure about plus got another buddy that my need help with a blower swap.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

PonyXpress
¯
Member # 7084

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyXpress  Ford pictures for PonyXpress    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
New guy to the area, I'll try to be there with the Black Pony Express Racing Stang. Shout at me if ya'll go, trying to meet some cool people that love racing as much as I do.

--------------------
89'GT Haulin' Ass
Nitrous Express ....My Heroes

Posts: 55 | From: Plumas Lake | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Will Jackson:
New guy to the area, I'll try to be there with the Black Pony Express Racing Stang. Shout at me if ya'll go, trying to meet some cool people that love racing as much as I do.

Will....welcome to the site [patriot]

You will see me out there in the black 03 Cobra w/ a KB on top.

Shuld be there with a couple other Cobras and a buddy's Z06.

Might be in the pit a bit working things out but stop by and say hello if you see us!

What's your car consist of?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thinking about going to Grudge tonigh, hummm.....

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Thinking about going to Grudge tonigh, hummm.....

You Better let me know if you are or not! I have over 1000miles now. My car is getting faster!

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Just thought i'd post about my outting with the new set-up.

Car really hooked well with a 1.70 and 1.7X and another 1.89. Track prep was pretty darn good [worship]

Overall the car feels really strong through the first 3 gears but seems to stop pulling as strong in 4th.

Needed to richen up the a/f a bit and i think i'm getting some spark blow-out in the upper r's in 4th...but haven't gotten it on a dyno yet to confirm.

Right now i'm running Autolite 103's gapped at a snug .34"

I think i may switch back to an NGk but may just try closing the gap down to about .32"ish and see what happens first.

Best was an 11.4 @ 116 [Eek!]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Car really hooked well with a 1.70 and 1.7X and another 1.89. Track prep was pretty darn good [worship]

Overall the car feels really strong through the first 3 gears but seems to stop pulling as strong in 4th.

Needed to richen up the a/f a bit and i think i'm getting some spark blow-out in the upper r's in 4th...but haven't gotten it on a dyno yet to confirm.

I think i may switch back to an NGk but may just try closing the gap down to about .32"ish and see what happens first.

Nice number's! What was Your 1/8th mile mph?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Nice number's! What was Your 1/8th mile mph?
Don't know as they weren't printing it out in the rt. lane [Mad]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put the NGK br7ef in there.

Stock number at Kragen's 3346 [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Nice run Patrick...tell me you didn't pass me again...hehe.

I need to get back out there one of these days.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:

What was your best MPH of the night?

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

Nice run Patrick...tell me you didn't pass me again...hehe.

I need to get back out there one of these days.

It was a great run up until 4th.......and then [Roll Eyes] lots more in it once it can go through the traps while still charging.

Doesn't seem too far off but i think i may have to do a little more work. [Frown] [Razz]

Tell ya what these MM full legnth sub. frame connectors made a world of diff in the car....BIG THANKS TO ROBERT(mike's friend) for weldin thme in for me [worship] [patriot]

98Slowhoe - That 116 was the best mph. First run i let out and the 3rd run it broke up again up top so i got outta it quickly.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

white50steve
¯
Member # 5887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white50steve  Ford pictures for white50steve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a pretty bad 60 ft. my car ran 13.06 with a 1.77 sixty foot. just springs and struts
Posts: 161 | From: south san francisco | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by white50steve:
thats a pretty bad 60 ft. my car ran 13.06 with a 1.77 sixty foot. just springs and struts

But not to shabby considering he's probably got 100+ more rwhp and rwtq then you.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
quote:

But not to shabby considering he's probably got 100+ more rwhp and rwtq then you.
I cut 1.64's with a little ol 331, with DR's. Oh and there is Drew on DR's cutting 1.5's, but he does have a solid 100 ponies on me!

Pat- that seems like low MPH for 11.4? are you lifting on the top? Cause shoot I have hit 116mph and best to date is a 11.9

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
quote:

I cut 1.64's with a little ol 331, with DR's. Oh and there is Drew on DR's cutting 1.5's, but he does have a solid 100 ponies on me!

Pat- that seems like low MPH for 11.4? are you lifting on the top? Cause shoot I have hit 116mph and best to date is a 11.9

These runs were really just to get familiar with the new car & set-up (clutch, tires, power, etc)

If you've never launched an IRS Cobra it's a little diff. than a solid axle that's for sure.

My buddy Mike who Drew ran was running multiple 1.6x's with the exact same DR's i was using but he's on a stock clutch which seems to slip just enough with his power to leave quickly.

I was basically letting off every run as it seems to fall off a bit in 4th......but like i told Smokinlx it could probably go low, low 11's on 91 and 15* of timing.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com