Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Crazy Track official punched my wife's car. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Crazy Track official punched my wife's car.
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are a couple of issues here. The track officials did you a favor by still letting you run on the condition that you would only race the 1/8. You blew the agreement and then did a full 1/4 mile run at the end. Sucks for the track officals if something should happen (you or someone else getting killed or injured) and they (and the track owner) gets sued for a stunt that you pulled off. Doesn't seem fair does it? [Roll Eyes]

Anyway..the whole altercation with the harley guy is wrong. I agree with you there [Cool] That should not be happening. The guy should get fired. What are the chances that you just throw the cage&necessary safety equipment in the car and be done with it?

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sean I have a extra cage here I can sell to you for cost, Or bring me one I will gladly install it for FREE! I still need you to build my MOD motor so dont hurt you hands [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
In all seriousness you shoudn't have made that last pass. You were told not to come back without the proper safety equipment, you asked them if you could still race your car and do 1/8th, then you do an all out pass and go way under your allowed time again??? WTF! I'd be pissed too if I were the track officials. Here they are letting you race your car when you SHOULD have been booted. They only let you continue to race because you ask them. Then you pull something like that???? Shit man that is straight out uncool of you.

That is still no reason to take a swing at you and that's a whole seperate issue. But if I were in his shoes I would have banned YOU from the track permanently just for pulling a stunt like that.

Sac has always lets me run faster than I was allowed to. They are the only track within decent driving distance that does that. So for you to take advantage of that is weak sauce. Hell you could have very well ruined Sac's leninecy for the rest of the people!

Yeah but the answer is not go punch a car. Someone is going to shoot his dumdass if he keeps that up. At my local track they do not let you run bikes over 120 without leather pants. Everytime I took mine out there I would go over 130 on my first run, they would tell me to stay under 120 and I would. But on the last run I would always trap 130+ again. They never said anything. Its not a big deal.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
In all seriousness you shoudn't have made that last pass. You were told not to come back without the proper safety equipment, you asked them if you could still race your car and do 1/8th, then you do an all out pass and go way under your allowed time again??? WTF! I'd be pissed too if I were the track officials. Here they are letting you race your car when you SHOULD have been booted. They only let you continue to race because you ask them. Then you pull something like that???? Shit man that is straight out uncool of you.

That is still no reason to take a swing at you and that's a whole seperate issue. But if I were in his shoes I would have banned YOU from the track permanently just for pulling a stunt like that.

Sac has always lets me run faster than I was allowed to. They are the only track within decent driving distance that does that. So for you to take advantage of that is weak sauce. Hell you could have very well ruined Sac's leninecy for the rest of the people!

Sorry Shaun, I agree...You mentioned you were only going to run 1/8 mile and then ran the full 1/4 with after they specifically told you not to...
Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
95331StrimVert
¯
Member # 6250

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95331StrimVert  Ford pictures for 95331StrimVert  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, I don’t agree at all. Shawn took advantage of the situation, big deal, pack up go home and race another day… That is where it should have ended. The minute the track official made a threatening gesture toward Shawn he crossed the line. Shawn, felt physically threatened,,, that is assault, assault, “ASSAULT”… The guy crossed the line. Ask any cop, especially since you have the size difference and witnesses. He can and should be arrested for crossing the line in every aspect. Fuck him… I went through the same crap with a ford service employee recently. Fuck him too. I didn’t want to get this guy fired, but I did demand resolution from the dealership in the form of hand written letter from that in breaded, service employee. Guess what, that letter is going to ford corporate. Customer service is horrible these days.

--------------------
95331StrimVert

Posts: 398 | From: Martinez ca | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I will say sac is pretty lax.I have a big block el camino that runs in the 9s on some squirt and low 10s on the motor...And they let me make pass after pass without a cage and with factory 1965 lap belts....I made a bunch of half track hits,then talked to the tech guy and showed him the car went straight and then made like 5 10 second passes and 3 9 second passes.They were really cool and then they asked me to pack it up...I was like sure no problem.I couldnt complain at all.I will say you fucked up after they let you stay but in know way was that tech in the right...That was bullshit imo.And if that would have been me there would have been a forsure fight.But being 6,5 260 helps lol.

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com