Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Crazy Track official punched my wife's car. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Crazy Track official punched my wife's car.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Long story, so bare with me.

Took the wife's car to TNT last night because the weather was excellent for this time of year.
First run of the day was a new best at 10.85. I knew I was going to get kicked out if I ran that fast again, so I let the car cool down for quite a while before lining back up. Sure enough Ron told me not to come back without a cage, fire jacket, etc, etc. I asked if I could run a few 1/8th mile passes & he said that'd be okay. Next run was shitty....missed 2nd & cruised through the 1/8th. Let the car cool down till ~9:20pm. Firguing this was going to be my last run of the night I thought I'd make one more full 1/4 pass & be done. Shitty 1.6 60ft, but still a decent pass at 10.9x @126mph. I was driving back around to the pits to pick up my stuff & a bike rides past me, turns around & pulls up next to me as I'm heading up the staging lanes (pitted up front).

Here's where things get 'interesting'.
The biker is a Track official (I think his name is Don & he normally works on Weds nights). He yells at me to 'Pull the fucking car over!'. He seems pretty pissed off so I pull over right away as he's aiming his bike towards my car as if he's going to hit it if I keep driving. I roll down the window & he yells, "How many fucking times have you been warned? Get your shit & get the fuck off my track!" I nod & say okay (I knew I was going to get kicked out). There's a slight pause as we look at each other, then he says "What the fuck is so funny?" (I guess I had a smile on my face.....probably since it was a great night of racing considering I ran a new best that was unexpected) So I say to him "I'm not laughing". He says right back "What the fuck are you simling about?" He seems even more pissed off & gets off his bike. I say something like "I'm not laughing, I'm going to get my stuff & leave". He quickly starts walking up to the car & rears back as if he's going to hit me!. I put it in 1st & pop the clutch just as he takes a swing & he ends up punches the 1/4 window on the driver side. He yells some profanities that I didn't catch..... He jumps back on his bike & comes after me. At this point I don't know what the hell to do.....all my stuff is sitting up front....should I leave my gear & aviod getting my ass beat by some crazed Hells Angle wanna be, or do I get my stuff & risk it? I get closer to the where I'm pitted & look for some of my buddies (luckily one of them FoxGT was sitting in his car right behind me when the guy took a swing at me.) I don't see anyone near my pit, so I do a U-turn thinking I'll just go around back, park & get my stuff later. The guy follows me as I turn around, so I turn around again & he again follows me.... I park at my pit & stay seated in the car (running) to see what he's going to do. He yells at me "Where are you pitted? Get the fuck out of hear!" I tell him "I'm just getting my stuff & I'll leave, my stuff is right here." He rides off (thankfully).

At this point I'm steemed that this asshole actually hit my car....let alone trying to hit me while I'm sitting in my car! Some buddies come up & ask what happened so I spout off for a few minutes. I go in search of Dave Jr to tell him what's going on. I find Dave up near the tower & tell him what happened. He looks surprised & tells me to tell Ron who is this guys manager. Ron is running the lights so I go over to Ron & talk with him about his employee.

Ron is understandably not happy to see me. He goes on about how me and another mustang were here last week (actually a few weeks earlier) & were warned not to come back without a cage & here we are tonight running just as fast & how it's a huge safety issue, etc, etc. I tell Ron exactly what how I feel about it. That I COMPLETELY understand that it's a saftey concern & we SHOULD get kicked out of the track for not having the proper saftely equipment. That it's a liablility for the track & I have no problems getting kicked out & leaving.....But.... There was absolutely no reason for this guy to come up to me the way he did, try to hit me & end up hitting the car! Ron tells me that he'll talk with Don & get his side of the story. I say thanks & walk back to where I'm pitted.

As I'm getting to the car, who shows up? Don with 2 other guys. He yells "Why the fuck are you still here?" I tell him that I'm going to leave once we get my buddies car on the trailer & that I had to talk to Dave & Ron. He askes the same question again, still walking towards the car with his backup & I say the same thing over again. He stops, says "It's a little late for that" or something to that nature, turns around & walks back to the front were Dave Jr & Ron are.

Of course there were quite a few of us Ford guys there....many buddies & I appriciate their concern & support. Some of them thought we should beat the guys ass, or knock over his bike. I really appriciate the support & the fact that they were willing to 'throw down' for me....but if we did that we'd be no better than him. There was no damage to the car, not even a smudge or scratch....no harm done, no need to damage this guys bike IMO. There are other ways to deal with the situation. But thanks Guys. [patriot]

About a half hour goes by, we're getting a car on the trailer & Don walks up. He makes some small talk to one of my buddies, makes his point that it's a saftey issue, acts like a big tuff guy about wanting to beatup some other guy who flipped him off....asks if we know him & if we did to tell him to come back to the track so Don could 'talk' to him out back in the pits. [Roll Eyes]
He tries to make nice with me.... says that he wasn't going to hit me unless I hit him first & that he was just 'getting my attention' by hitting the window. Blah, Blah, Blah. Whatever....

We packed up & left... Kinda put a damper on what was initially a GREAT night at the track.

-Shaun

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm trying to think of who the hell this Don clown is [Confused] Is he a younger dude that is kinda chunky and hella cocky?? I wonder if its the same jerk. Anyways if he would have done that to me i think i would have got into a fight.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
I'm trying to think of who the hell this Don clown is [Confused] Is he a younger dude that is kinda chunky and hella cocky?? I wonder if its the same jerk. Anyways if he would have done that to me i think i would have got into a fight.

He wanted a fight....that was evident. But he easily out-weighed me by 100lbs & 8 inches (taller).

This guy is bald, thick on top & I'd guess in his late 30's...possibly early 40's.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks to hear that Shaun. What a loser. Congrats on the new best though.
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn this must have happened right after i left! those were some damn good runs shaun. 10's out of a 347 motor is defientely something to brag about. yeah it was a good night i was happy about my 13.6 with a stock longblock/clutch.

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn solund's like a no win situation. If You did kicki His ass then You would be banned from the track and if He kicked Your ass You probably would'nt want to go back to the track. At least You got Your best time and Your car stayed in one piece. I guess they got pretty worked up after that car flipped? I ran 3 11.2's before then and after that I ran the 11.1 and luckily My buddy told Me that the big guy there Yelled over at someone and said "Tell Your friend in that white mustang that I told Him last week to slow it down and not to come back until He has a cage and a fire jacket" and He seemed pretty upset from what I heard. Look's like the day's of getting by at sac. are over. Congrat's on Your new best! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks...what a way to ruin a good night.

I've seen the big tall guy with the goatee get mad at people before.

Does this guy Don have really short hair that's kinda dirty blonde?

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullitt4110  Ford pictures for bullitt4110    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:

I've seen the big tall guy with the goatee get mad at people before.

Thats because he cant get his GTO to break into the 13's.
Sorry to hear about that, I hate those people that try to take advantage of their authority. Oh and congrats on the new best.

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06
-SOLD: Whippled 03 Cobra
-SOLD: Vortech'd 01 Bullitt #4110

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was some bald Harley riding guy...never seen him before. I guess he normally works Weds nights.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the new time, thats awesome! You know I would have had your back if I was there. Thats such BS that the guy would come after your little skinny ass [Wink]

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks Shaun, too bad he didn't break his hand hitting the window.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach103  Ford pictures for Mach103    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey there shawn its mario with the yellow mach 1. congralations on the 10's. fuck that fat fuck on the harley that was me that flipped him off, i was pissed, there were alot more of us i was ready to beat his ass, im sorry for flipping him off and starting more problems. but as for me i dont let shit like that happened to my freinds i know were not the best of friends, but we are still FORD freinds. Get a cage and we should go back. [patriot]

--------------------
2007 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Mustang GT Sapphire Blue(SOLD)
2003 Mustang Mach 1 (SOLD)
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow. that's really something. i'm glad other fellow caford members were there to help you out.
next time.. let that guy hit you and then get his ass fucking arrested.. sue him .. get him fired and take his bike the legal way. some might say that's the gay way to go about it.. but screw that.. if you can't fight and are outmatched then it might be the only way to come up on top.
Good luck

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
wow. that's really something. i'm glad other fellow caford members were there to help you out.
next time.. let that guy hit you and then get his ass fucking arrested.. sue him .. get him fired and take his bike the legal way. some might say that's the gay way to go about it.. but screw that.. if you can't fight and are outmatched then it might be the only way to come up on top.
Good luck

Where were you when I needed advice after oh so many cafords peeps threatened to beat me up! Oh, and you can sue the track too.........Not that you may want to though.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ May 31, 2006, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
Good luck

Where were you when I needed advice after oh so many cafords peeps threatened to beat me up! Oh, and you can sue the track too.........Not that you may want to though.
ha ha come on cummins.. you know a shit lot more about law than me. [Razz] i'm sure you could sue the track too .. and if the guy has a record or prior offenses and was still negligently hired by the track authorities then you'd be set... i wouldn't really sue the track though.. just getting the fucker arrested would be enough to vindicate my ego.

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In all seriousness you shoudn't have made that last pass. You were told not to come back without the proper safety equipment, you asked them if you could still race your car and do 1/8th, then you do an all out pass and go way under your allowed time again??? WTF! I'd be pissed too if I were the track officials. Here they are letting you race your car when you SHOULD have been booted. They only let you continue to race because you ask them. Then you pull something like that???? Shit man that is straight out uncool of you.

That is still no reason to take a swing at you and that's a whole seperate issue. But if I were in his shoes I would have banned YOU from the track permanently just for pulling a stunt like that.

Sac has always lets me run faster than I was allowed to. They are the only track within decent driving distance that does that. So for you to take advantage of that is weak sauce. Hell you could have very well ruined Sac's leninecy for the rest of the people!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Shuan!!!! Man I wish I was there. I HATE when people touch other peoples shit! I would have Fuck been all up in that for you man! If out weights you buy 100 that isn't really saying much(just making a point). All I can say that guy is real lucky that Drew and I weren't right there. Cause I know Drew feels the same about cars as I do! I am gona have to keep an eye out for that guy, cause I have never seen the bastard before. Oh well good runs man!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow thats some crazy shit, your wifes car is fuckin fast man, that seem to be pretty personal to me, i know he was tryin to do his job but that was a little to much, hope that never happens to me cause it would get real ugly nowing the fact that every time i go out there im always with about ten fools with white t-shirts on.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL guy's like you are why I don't put slicks on my 91 and trailer it to Sac. LOL after all of you guy's they would probably shoot the next guy who does it. [Big Grin] I think it is about time for the roll bar, then you don't have to worry about the track officals you can just tune and let her rip. BTW congrats on the time [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol,WOW

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phat50:
wow thats some crazy shit, your wifes car is fuckin fast man, that seem to be pretty personal to me, i know he was tryin to do his job but that was a little to much, hope that never happens to me cause it would get real ugly nowing the fact that every time i go out there im always with about ten fools with white t-shirts on.

yea gotta fear those fools in white shirts.
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or black ones [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL, theres no need to fear anyone in white t-shirts, i was just makin a statment that every time i go out there to the track we be out there hella deep, and it would get real ugly if some shit like that was to happened to ME, not you. and i was just makein a joke about the white tees because its funny how we be out there and everybody be wearin them.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, these guys are really taking this seriously now. My 11.43 was at Sac when the cage rule was 12.00. I had made a lot of 11 second passes at Sac and never even got a warning. I even made 3 11 sec passes at Sears point and they didn't say anything until the 3rd pass, but I broke out anyway so I was already done for the night. However, at Sears Point I was only under by 0.2 seconds. I was hoping to go to Sac when I get my new motor (whenever that will be) and rip off a 10.99. I guess I might as well just do it at Sears Point if I am going to get kicked out anyway. I just hope that they let me lower the boost and come back and run 11.50's. If they ban me until I get a cage I am screwed.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com