Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » FORD vs CHEVY *Role Call* (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: FORD vs CHEVY *Role Call*
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Ross (the anouncer) is extremely GM bias....what did you expect from an event put together by Norcal-LS1? LOL

The LS1 powered RX7 won the modified stock class. Both Drew & I redlit against him.... D'oh!

Almost got kicked out after my first run......so I was making mostly 1/8th mile passes. Managed a best 1/8th of 7.051 @99.499mph (11.9 @75mph 1/4).
Previous best was 7.059 @98.519mph & that was a 10.98 run back in November..... I wish I would have kept my foot in it! [Mad]

Sorry Shuan!!! I should have dusted the RX7 in the first run. I treed him really really bad.

Dana I didn't even see you at all man. and no I didn't notice too many ghetto people.

As for my times I still didn't end they day with a 11.9999999 timeslip. I had about 3 maybe 4 12.0xx runs, but my best was after a long amount of icing the intake. I got a 12.003 @116.3 MPH with a 1.644 60ft on the the DR's. Well maybe next time?

Anybody get any pics or Vids of the my car? Probably not but just checking.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12.003 [Eek!] now that is just plain torture.....

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

Tell me about it.

Last night I watched him run 12.005, & today 12.010 & 12.003! D'oh!

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

Tell me about it.

Last night I watched him run 12.005, & today 12.010 & 12.003! D'oh!

I ran a 12.005 as well too but that one was a 1.67 60 ft 91.4at half and I missed 4th but still managed 111mph [Mad]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
Ross (the anouncer) is extremely GM bias....what did you expect from an event put together by Norcal-LS1? LOL

The LS1 powered RX7 won the modified stock class. Both Drew & I redlit against him.... D'oh!

Almost got kicked out after my first run......so I was making mostly 1/8th mile passes. Managed a best 1/8th of 7.051 @99.499mph (11.9 @75mph 1/4).
Previous best was 7.059 @98.519mph & that was a 10.98 run back in November..... I wish I would have kept my foot in it! [Mad]

Dana I didn't even see you at all man. and no I didn't notice too many ghetto people.

I got there at 2pm and i don't know what anyone looks like and i am sure no one knows what i look like either.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
I guess when you live in Grass Valley, anything can seem ghetto [Big Grin] [Razz]

LOL yeah i haven't heard Ebonics in a year. Where i was there was hella people wearing helal baggy ass clothes. I haven't seen that in a while either.

quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
quote:
Anyone notice the tons of ghetto people there? lol

haha to bad u didnt say that out there..sorry we dnt wear muscle shirts [Razz]
I didn't wear a muscle shirt either [Smile] i wore my cafords shirt, sure its a little small on me but i still represented [Wink] haha

Baggy clothes = ghetto, you need to get out of the Grass Valley a little more often. And you really have issues or I assume your just a racist which again means you have issues, but maybe rather than telling the board you should have told the ghetto people to stop being ghetto.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

1972chevelle454
¯
Member # 2539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972chevelle454  Ford pictures for 1972chevelle454    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
post up some times guys!!!!

First off I would like to say it was a well organized event this time and I had a great time as It appeared everybody also did. I took second in the stock block +1 power adder and another stang took the title "He must of been one of the fastest stock block in the bay cause He ran a 10.3 against Me" so prop's to Him. My best time was 11.4 and My best MPH was 121. Good seeing everyone and it was nice to meet a few new people. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Thanks for coming out. It was cool to see some more fords out there than previous events. There where some pretty fast cars out there today!! And CobraJeep, what did you have against the event. It seems like everything you have said has been negative when most of the feedback seemed to be positive (and that was coming from people who raced)

--------------------
1972 Chevelle 454
TH400-4:11
SOLD MAY 16th :(

Posts: 246 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1972chevelle454:
quote:
quote:

First off I would like to say it was a well organized event this time and I had a great time as It appeared everybody also did. I took second in the stock block +1 power adder and another stang took the title "He must of been one of the fastest stock block in the bay cause He ran a 10.3 against Me" so prop's to Him. My best time was 11.4 and My best MPH was 121. Good seeing everyone and it was nice to meet a few new people. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Thanks for coming out. It was cool to see some more fords out there than previous events. There where some pretty fast cars out there today!! And CobraJeep, what did you have against the event. It seems like everything you have said has been negative when most of the feedback seemed to be positive (and that was coming from people who raced)
I just thought since it was FOrd VS GM it should ahve been like that. Seeing Ford race Ford was boring i was hoping for more Ford vs GM races.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I got there at 2pm and i don't know what anyone looks like and i am sure no one knows what i look like either.
Do you know how many pictures you've posted of yourself flexing in the mirror and in your room...of course we know what you look like...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
I guess when you live in Grass Valley, anything can seem ghetto [Big Grin] [Razz]

LOL yeah i haven't heard Ebonics in a year. Where i was there was hella people wearing helal baggy ass clothes. I haven't seen that in a while either.

quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
quote:
Anyone notice the tons of ghetto people there? lol

haha to bad u didnt say that out there..sorry we dnt wear muscle shirts [Razz]
I didn't wear a muscle shirt either [Smile] i wore my cafords shirt, sure its a little small on me but i still represented [Wink] haha

Baggy clothes = ghetto, you need to get out of the Grass Valley a little more often. And you really have issues or I assume your just a racist which again means you have issues, but maybe rather than telling the board you should have told the ghetto people to stop being ghetto.
LOL i like how you assume when i say ghetto i meant a race. i didn't meantion any race so calm down. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you know how many pictures you've posted of yourself flexing in the mirror and in your room...of course we know what you look like...
LOL everyone says i look different in person.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1972chevelle454
¯
Member # 2539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1972chevelle454  Ford pictures for 1972chevelle454    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1972chevelle454:
quote:
quote:

I just thought since it was FOrd VS GM it should ahve been like that. Seeing Ford race Ford was boring i was hoping for more Ford vs GM races.
I can see your point there, and we would love for an even amount of Ford and Chevy vehicles. But we always have more GM vehicles show up then Fords so there is only so much that can happen with the matchups.

Also that rx7/ls1 went 10.6....they wouldnt let him run the bottle anymore so thats what he was running around 11.7

[ May 08, 2006, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: 1972chevelle454 ]

--------------------
1972 Chevelle 454
TH400-4:11
SOLD MAY 16th :(

Posts: 246 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought it went pretty well. Im sure had there been mnore Fords you would have seen more Ford vs GM races... [Wink]

Was good to see some of my Ford friends out there. I missed JohnB though.

As for Ross... :/ He is a great guy and a good friend, he is just umm err, Ross. LMAO. He actually knows quite a bit about racing but LOVES to talk shit and get people riled up. While he didnt mention anything about the black Formula when it first broke, he didn talk shit about a certain skinny guy who ran out there to help push the car then he made 2 jibes about the Formula pissing its guts out on the launch pad so it wasnt JUST against for the Ford guys although he was biased I agree. Either way a lot of people though he was funny and ultimately it makes for fun announcing rather than listening to some dolt who doesn know shit about racing and is so boring you dont even notice he is talking. LOL

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It doesn't take much to read between the lines. If you don't mind define "GHETTO".

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
It doesn't take much to read between the lines. If you don't mind define "GHETTO".

really baggy clothes, ebonics talk, acting hard. I think your trying to read between the lines when there is nothing there.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well this was my first event here in Cali and the people that i did meet from the site were cool as hell. Cant wait to get mine finished so i can see what it runs. I had a blast thanks CAFORDS

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a good time too...didn't make it to the finals or get a new best but it's always fun being out there...Nice seeing everyone. [patriot]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
I had a good time too...didn't make it to the finals or get a new best but it's always fun being out there...Nice seeing everyone. [patriot]

Where were you? i saw your Mustang but i didn't see you anywhere near it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

I was probably in the pit area at the time. I was trying to spread out my runs as much as possible.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
I was probably in the pit area at the time. I was trying to spread out my runs as much as possible.

When i left your car was gone. [Frown]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a great time today, weather was excellent, eveyrone i ran into was pretty easy going and laid-back, which was a nice change from other outings at the track.

i thought the announcer was hilarious; i couldn't care less either way about the ford/chevy bias, all i know is he had me laughin my guts out with a few of his comments!

good to talk/see sonme of you guys frrom the board - it had been quite awhile. thanks to cafords/norcals1 for the fun event!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ May 08, 2006, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
Like when he said "ill tell you what people, that black mustang is going DOWN!.....two black mustangs were racing [Big Grin]

LMAO! I missed that one. I was dying when the he announced the GTO and the Half-a-GTO (Cobalt SS). Or the Spyhunter smokescreen joke.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What were you doing out there f8l?? They are not running hybrids till next weekend!!! f8lprius

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com