Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Team SOLO - wheelies, crashes, and...an update

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Team SOLO - wheelies, crashes, and...an update
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ran the car yesterday....right into the damn wall. The car was doing Bowman worthy wheel stands all fucking day. My dumbass left the wheelie bars at home by accident. Just happened to be on a day where EVERY car that went down the track hooked (except Matt )

Well, after getting scratches on my bumper and my parachute mount, we decided to pull timing out on the launch. Our first attempt at this method was pulling 5 degrees off the line for 1.5 seconds. That didn't do much. I was still seeing sky and pedaling it so that I could set the front end down softly. Just as it touched down, I got back into it (no this was not the crash pass), it went a lil left, pulled it back to quarter throttle, straightened out the car, got back in it on the jug and ran an 8.9 at 154.

The TNT was now closed and I begged the track guys to let me do one more pass. They obliged...wish they didn't now Well, anyways, we decided to tame it a lil more off the line...we pulled out 10 degrees for 2.5 seconds. That merely allowed for a tamer wheelie for a longer fucking period of time. I am only going to guesstimate here, but I think the car set down about 150-200 feet out (anyone that was there can contest this since they saw better than I) and I was aimed towards the right wall..was in the right lane. I corrected left got back in it (mistake) and it shot me over the center line. I tried to bring it back right, which I did, then the fucker shot left. Then I went from drag racing to drift racing....just along for the fucking ride now. I just remember thinking 'dont hit the wall dont hit the wall dont hit the wall...fuck....i hit the wall'. I bounced off, contemplated finishing the pass in the left lane but realized I wouldn't get a timeslip so cruised back to the trailer.

I'll have pics later on. I need to get a new fiberglass front end, at minimum a new steering rack, potentially all new front suspension, drivers side front runner, and potentially just replacing one bar that the front end mounts to. Jim Harris is already coming over in the next couple days to take measurements to see what is necessary so we can get up and running again soon.

Pros and Cons of the day:

Pro: 1.30 sixty foot on the rear tires
Pro: hit highest mph of 154 in and out of throttle twice on pass
Pro: Still mustered up an 8
Pro: Bowman style wheelies are cool

Con: I crashed my shit
Con: Gots to spend lots of money
Con: Can't take out any blown novas any time soon

Pics coming soon....gotta unload the truck, sober up, and get to wrenching.

[ April 23, 2006, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Still trying to find footage of the crash...but it was a wheelie like this one that caused the car to get out of shape...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhPn5_Z0qfA

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad you're ok [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

-

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad your OK! Sucks what happen to your car, but that looks SICK! [Eek!]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey atleast your kept it right side up this time, i see you learned it from you brother lol, just glad your ok and atleast you got to do some sick wheelies

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
 -

hmmmm, so did it hook? its hard to tell from the pic, lol

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bullitt4110
¯
Member # 6586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullitt4110  Ford pictures for bullitt4110    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! The wheelies look awsome, hope you get it fixed.

--------------------
-2001 C5 Z06
-SOLD: Whippled 03 Cobra
-SOLD: Vortech'd 01 Bullitt #4110

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Update....no chassis damage. It looks like I can get away with a tie rod end, but I will just change out the steering rack to be safe. I bent two of the gussets that hold on the front end, so those can be bent back or changed. I need a driver side front runner...and can get away with using the rear rim, but will put it on a balance machine to make sure. I have a body guy looking at the front end this week to see if it can be repaired to look 'good'....if not, I'll buy a new clip. There is a chance I 'might' have blown out the struts...so I'll see if I can rebuild them or just throw in a new set. Custom Alignment will be taking some money from me soon

Wooooot.....I'll be back much sooner and much less expensive than anticipated.

--------------------

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
hey atleast your kept it right side up this time, i see you learned it from you brother lol, just glad your ok and atleast you got to do some sick wheelies

[Big Grin]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you and that little sbc are bad luck together. time to get that turbo ford you have been dreaming about.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I think you and that little sbc are bad luck together. time to get that turbo ford you have been dreaming about.

Correction...next motor will be big and naturally aspirated [Wink]

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Correction...next motor will be big and naturally aspirated [Wink] [/QUOTE]

big like a 707 w/ some big chiefs?? haha.....

[worship]

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
quote:

[worship]

632 [Wink]

[ April 24, 2006, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

[worship]

632 [Wink]
me and matt d. were lookin at big chief 11 degress, fuckin 2880/ per head! damn!! on a 632 w/ some compression thats gotta be over 1200 hp on motor!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[worship]

632 [Wink]
me and matt d. were lookin at big chief 11 degress, fuckin 2880/ per head! damn!! on a 632 w/ some compression thats gotta be over 1200 hp on motor!
And my feather only needs between 1000-1100 to hit the number [Wink]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com