Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So how'd everyone do at Infineon today? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: So how'd everyone do at Infineon today?
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice meeting you guys today...

Has anyone had any experiences with Infineon being slower or faster then Sacramento Raceway?

I got three runs in 11.53, 11.54, and 11.66.

Here are some pics:

-

-

-

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Many people have said Sac is faster but I've gone faster with THE SAME "EXACT" setups at Sears Compared to Sac.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

A couple guys told me that they thought Infineon wasn't flat at the end but you can clearly see that the hill is after the 1/4...

Infineon is a much nicer track. [patriot]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good runs Tony [Smile]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks Drew...

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not a good day today.. i'm still after an elusive 12 sec slip.
13.009 @106,5 first and only 1.7 60 ft. of the day
13.080 @106.9,
13.008@ 106
13.947@99 [Roll Eyes] almost lost it.. my tire pressure was way way low.. and the thing started getting sideways on third and fourth.. kinda fun though
13.57 @ 106<<-- i don't know what the heck.. i used nitrous on third and fourth. and i guess nothing happened.. i tested my system when i got home and it is working.. [Confused] the 60s were pretty bad.

some pics..

-
 -
 -
 -

-
 -

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oops. before i foget.. it was nice meeting you twisted54.. congrats on your new times. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MY BEST TIME WAS A 13.301 AT 107.47 MPH AND MY 60FT WAS 2.151 I GOTTA GET BETTEL 60FT.HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:
MY BEST TIME WAS A 13.301 AT 107.47 MPH AND MY 60FT WAS 2.151 I GOTTA GET BETTEL 60FT.HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME

dude.. what were you driving? next time say whats up.. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am happy that someone took a pic of my car. lol
i had a 13.06 @ 110.11mph 2.0960ft

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

which one is yours? the one with losgadgt's former hood? what mods do u have? 110 is a really nice mph.

--------------------
=(

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
oops. before i foget.. it was nice meeting you twisted54.. congrats on your new times. [patriot]

[patriot]
nice meeting u too, and all i got to say is [worship] [worship] for your car

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was an ok day for me
1st run 13.8 100 mph
2nd run 13.7 100 mph
3rd run 13.5 with 1.9 60th at 100mph
4th run 13.6 100 mph
I just got some new M/T drag radials and i was hoping to get low 13's but it didn't happen i guess i need to break them in more, and the only thing that i'm trippind is that my car used to run 13.6 at 103 with a 2.2 60th's and now i'm down to 100, I guess i need a tune up and better plugs [Frown]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tony, What did you trap? How was the track prep? Did you have some good 60 foots?

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
Tony, What did you trap? How was the track prep? Did you have some good 60 foots?

Still stuck at 116...either my car is messed up or I'm doing something wrong. I need to get a shift light before the next time out. The track was prepped good. I had two 1.7s and a 1.6 sixty.

For some reason it seems like the nitrous doesn't kick in right away like it should. I have a window switch on there but it kicks in way after where it should. [Confused]

--------------------

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

Still stuck at 116...either my car is messed up or I'm doing something wrong. I need to get a shift light before the next time out. The track was prepped good. I had two 1.7s and a 1.6 sixty.

For some reason it seems like the nitrous doesn't kick in right away like it should. I have a window switch on there but it kicks in way after where it should. [Confused]

Whats your bottle pressure? Do you have a purge kit as well? Maybe there are kinks in the SS line towards to front.
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
quote:
quote:

Whats your bottle pressure? Do you have a purge kit as well? Maybe there are kinks in the SS line towards to front.
Pressure was around 950-1000. I have a purge too. I'm thinking your right about the kinks. My lines from the solenoids to the nozzle are pretty long and I have them making really tight turns in the engine bay. I'm gonna shorten them before heading out next time.

-
Thanks...

[ February 21, 2006, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're welcome bro. Also make sure you aren't using teflon tape on the fittings if you are it could clog the solenoids. The fittings should be tight enough.

Seems like your pressure is good but something is delaying the flow somehow. Maybe loose connection on the solenoids as well.

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I made it to the 1/4 finals in the wife's Explorer. I also got my best time. I made three 15.36 passes. I even got a 2.07 60ft on one of the runs with that beast. I was pretty happy with that.

Everyone says that Sac is quicker, but I do not agree. It all depends on the wind and weather conditons. A Saturday test and tune at Sac can be quicker because you get a bunch of runs to perfect your driving and there is never a head wind. On Wednesday night at Sears Point there is always a head wind. I always went quicker on the weekend events at Sears Point. The morning air seems to be better, there usually is no head wind, and they prep the track a lot better. Before they redid the track I got better 60fts at Sac, but now I do better at Sears Point.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
I made it to the 1/4 finals in the wife's Explorer. I also got my best time. I made three 15.36 passes. I even got a 2.07 60ft on one of the runs with that beast. I was pretty happy with that.

Everyone says that Sac is quicker, but I do not agree. It all depends on the wind and weather conditons. A Saturday test and tune at Sac can be quicker because you get a bunch of runs to perfect your driving and there is never a head wind. On Wednesday night at Sears Point there is always a head wind. I always went quicker on the weekend events at Sears Point. The morning air seems to be better, there usually is no head wind, and they prep the track a lot better. Before they redid the track I got better 60fts at Sac, but now I do better at Sears Point.

Craig

I notices some stangs that had slower times then you that day... [patriot]

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
You're welcome bro. Also make sure you aren't using teflon tape on the fittings if you are it could clog the solenoids. The fittings should be tight enough.

Seems like your pressure is good but something is delaying the flow somehow. Maybe loose connection on the solenoids as well.

Yeah there isn't any teflon tape on there either...it's all the teflon paste material. I'm gonna check out the solenoids too when I get home from work.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
quote:

Yeah there isn't any teflon tape on there either...it's all the teflon paste material. I'm gonna check out the solenoids too when I get home from work.
i'm having weird issues too. i finally used the 80 shot and nothing happened. i can't explain it. mph remained the same and my times were terrible.. mostly because of the terrible 60s ( 2.0.)
i got home. checked the wiring with the car off and the solenoids clicked.. then tried it with the car on. i disconnected the nx wire that goes to the plate and there was nx getting there.. and you could hear the car get the extra fuel. i can't explain it..
[Frown]
guess it's a good thing it didn't work.. cuase i forgot to flip my chip to the nx tune [Eek!] [Mad] [Frown]

[ February 21, 2006, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
guess it's a good thing it didn't work.. cuase i forgot to flip my chip to the nx tune [Eek!] [Mad] [Frown]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say someone above was watching over you there. Would have been a nice head gasket gone bad [Cool]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went for the first time in the mach 1 and got a 13.4 @ 104.5 w/ a 2.2 60'. This was my first time in a stick car , I almost hit the wall going from 1st to 2nd [Eek!]
Anyone catch the new zo6 run 11.9@122 ? That thing is a beast for stock.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com