Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Infineon Drags on 2/20 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Infineon Drags on 2/20
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude. the system already worked as it was done before.

This is pretty much the set up i have.
 -
i would totally redo my wiring, but the thing is working fine as it sat. i got this instructions from a very trustworthy site. [Wink]

[ February 17, 2006, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought you were having troubles with a window switch?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i haven't even installed the window switch. the toggle swith works fine.. from what i hear.. if you have it set up as in the graph i posted above, then the ground from the wot should be the one connected to the yellow wire..
pd, what do u think, on that graph none of the terminals go to ground.

[ February 17, 2006, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ummm dude that is EXACTLY how I wrote to wire it. I don't need a trustworty site.....I am the trustworthy site!

[ February 17, 2006, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
ummm dude that is EXACTLY how I wrote to wire it. I don't need a trustworty site.....I am the trustworthy site!

ha.. cool. thanks for the help. so the ground from the window switch should be low enough to be handled by the window switch?

you can't school me.. i'm the vicepresident of team cummins, remember? [Wink]

[ February 17, 2006, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

and if your system works then your "positive" side (like you wrote) of the wot switch must actually have continuity to ground when at wot. So it would not be very positive at all!

[ February 17, 2006, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

hum.. wanna come over and rewire my system? [Wink]
what's your location?

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
i haven't even installed the window switch. the toggle swith works fine.. from what i hear.. if you have it set up as in the graph i posted above, then the ground from the wot should be the one connected to the yellow wire..
pd, what do u think, on that graph none of the terminals go to ground.

See my above post where I laid out how I would do it. Here is what I wrote just in case you don't want to read it.

"85 of relay to wot switch to grounding wire from the window switch. One side of the wot switch goes to grounding wire from the window switch and the other side goes to 85 of the relay."

And here is what I wrote in regards to your grounding question:

"Basically the window switch will provide a ground at a desired rpm and this will finalize the loop and complete the circuitry in order for your nos to work."

So yes there appears to be no ground for the terminals but the window switch will provide the ground for these terminals when you reach that desired rpm

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

ok. i actually reread all your posts.
i have the set up you explained on your second post. with the solenoids connected straight to ground.. no ground on the relay.
85 does go to the wot. and then the ground from wot goes to yellow on the window switch , correct?

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

The confusion is that you mixed up 85 and 86 from "standard" practices and procedures. That is perfectly fine to do though just as long as one terminal goes to + and the other one goes to -. The relay knows no difference if you swap terminals. So for you, 86 is the grounding side and 85 is the positive side. Your 30 and 87 are correct. Let me reword what I wrote in accordance to how you have your system wired. That may be more helpful.

1. 12v ignition to arming switch to 85 of the relay. Your arming switch should also have a ground which is there for the lighting circuitry when its armed. You should have 3 terminals on the arming switch. One goes to 12v ignition, one goes to 85 of relay and the last goes directly to ground. Terminals should be labeled on the arming switch.

2. 86 of relay to wot switch to grounding wire from the window switch. One side of the wot switch goes to grounding wire from the window switch and the other side goes to 86 of the relay.

3. 12v battery to FUSE to 30 of the relay

4. 87 of the relay to positive wire of nos/fuel solenoids. Negative wire of nos/fuel solenoids directly to ground.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

i see what you are saying..
there was a confusion. i do have the 85 terminal going to the wot. and 86 going to the toggle switch.
i got them mixed up when i typed it first.

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

so.. who else is going to the track.. sorry to hijack this thread.

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

whoops double post

[ February 17, 2006, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Here's how I would wire it:

1. 12v ignition to arming switch to 86 of the relay. Your arming switch should also have a ground which is there for the lighting circuitry when its armed. You should have 3 terminals on the arming switch. One goes to 12v ignition, one goes to 86 of relay and the last goes directly to ground. Terminals should be labeled on the arming switch.

2. 85 of relay to wot switch to grounding wire from the window switch. One side of the wot switch goes to grounding wire from the window switch and the other side goes to 85 of the relay.

3. 12v battery to FUSE to 30 of the relay

4. 87 of the relay to positive wire of nos/fuel solenoids. Negative wire of nos/fuel solenoids directly to ground.

<<-- thanks, that's how i have it set up now. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
ok. i actually reread all your posts.
i have the set up you explained on your second post. with the solenoids connected straight to ground.. no ground on the relay.
85 does go to the wot. and then the ground from wot goes to yellow on the window switch , correct?

I only wrote the 1st way just because I looked at your diagram and you wrote [- solenoids] which made me think that you wanted to switch the grounds of the solenoid with the window switch. I don't like doing this. I wrote the 2nd way because this is how I prefer to do it.

And yes you are correct in what you said above the ground side of the wot switch will now go to the grounding wire (yellow) of the window switch.

When your window switch reaches its desired parameter it will ground that yellow wire internally and your nos will be activated. You don't see the ground in the diagram because its done internally in the window switch. You see how there is a regular ground wire (black) of the window switch that you must connect to a chasis for ground? Basically when you hit that certain rpm the yellow wire and the black chasis ground wire of the window switch will make contact internally in the window switch, thus the system ground and SPPPPPRRRAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY.

FnF baby! Nos button = OHHHHHH SHIIIIEEEETTTTTT!

[ February 17, 2006, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is 2/20 brackets or tnt and do you think they'll say anything about not having padding on the rollcage?

[ February 18, 2006, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

sean04
¯
Member # 4863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sean04  Ford pictures for sean04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
is 2/20 brackets or tnt and do you think they'll say anything about not having padding on the rollcage?

Probably, they are very strick there. They didnt let a friend of mine run because the insides of his front tires were close to bald.

--------------------
Tuned by Jeff S. aka JeffTheTuna

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im prob going to be riding with one of my friends.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:

I was thinking they "most likely" won't stop you because of padding. .02

Goodluck everyone [patriot]

I'll be out there March 1st [burnout]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone coming from the hayward area? trying to find out what time people are leaving.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm coming from 680 N to the Benicia Bridge to 80 and so on...I'll see you guys there.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com