Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Infineon Drags on 2/20 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Infineon Drags on 2/20
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is anyone going? Their calendar says bracket drags on that day. I was gonna go to Sacramento on 2/18 but it looks like rain...

What's the fastest you can go in the Trophy class?

[ February 16, 2006, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
trophy has no limit. sportsman is 12.0 or 11.99
i'll be there for sure. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool so what time should I get there and when do the trial runs start / eliminations?

I'm looking forward to going. It'll be my first time and 1st successful time with the 150 shot hopefully.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
be there as soon as they open or earlier. we leave my house at 700 and are there by 8am.
do you have a window swtich?

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Cool...I'll plan on leaving at 7am too then.

Yep I have a window switch and the WOT switch. They seem to be working fine together.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

how did you wire it? could you look at my post on the tech section? we can't get my friends window switch to work.. please.
Cause then i'll do mine..
There are graphs on that other post.

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=013308
link,. thanks

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:

Yep I have a window switch and the WOT switch. They seem to be working fine together.

where will you be coming from? we go 92 880 .. if you are around there we can cruise together..

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

where will you be coming from? we go 92 880 .. if you are around there we can cruise together..
I'm coming from Concord so I go 680 N to 80 E to 37, etc.

The wiring is really easy:

Window switch wires:
white / tach terminal
black / chassis ground
red / + 12v
yellow goes to the ground wire on your relay so essentially, the window switch will act as the ground for your nitrous relay and the nitrous relay ground wire will no longer go to the chassis. That's it.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

that's how wwe have it set up!!
he does not have a relay.. so we took the cable that was grouding the solenoids and connected them to the yellow wire.. nothign is happening..

what do u think could be wrong with his?
Should we connect the yellow to the ground of his wot swtich?

on the other hand , I have a relay.. so just look for the ground wire from the relay? that shouldn't be hard at all?

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
that's how wwe have it set up!!
he does not have a relay.. so we took the cable that was grouding the solenoids and connected them to the yellow wire.. nothign is happening..

what do u think could be wrong with his?
Should we connect the yellow to the ground of his wot swtich?

on the other hand , I have a relay.. so just look for the ground wire from the relay? that shouldn't be hard at all?

call me on my cell 415-748-2127 Tony

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok the car that Jmir018 was talking about is mine, but the only difference is that i have a 2000 and i need a tach adapter , now we did everything did it said to do with the tach adacter but still no luck

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

I've never used a tach adapter but I guess it should work...you're testing on the road right? Cause you won't be able to hear the solenoids clicking with the window switch connected while doing the car off test...ie arming the system and tapping the wot switch to activate.

What I did was was hooked everything up normal minus the window switch to make sure I could hear the solenoids clicking. Then I added the window switch setup and then took it for a test drive to see if it worked.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
I've never used a tach adapter but I guess it should work...you're testing on the road right? Cause you won't be able to hear the solenoids clicking with the window switch connected while doing the car off test...ie arming the system and tapping the wot switch to activate.

What I did was was hooked everything up normal minus the window switch to make sure I could hear the solenoids clicking. Then I added the window switch setup and then took it for a test drive to see if it worked.

yeah the system was supposebly working fine before we did the window switch.
all the tach adapter does is give us the tach terminal that's connected to the white wire on the msd window switch.
we tested it with nitrous on the road.

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Are you sure the tach adapter is working right? My setup wasn't working right with my Crane ignition and the way I was connecting the white wire. It only started working good with the addition of the 6AL with the tach terminal.

Try your setup and see if it works...it should.

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do we know if the tach adapter is working right? i guess the only thing left to do is make sure we are getting power and the grounds are ok, we really didn't have a whole lot of time yesterday, so tomorrow night we are going to try to test everything

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Yeah just make sure the ground and power is good... Have you been able to find any diagrams on MSD's website that show the window switches being used with a tach adapter?

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

yea my friend has them, we will go over the setup tomorrow, thank u and if we need any help we will call u [Big Grin] [patriot]

[ February 17, 2006, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: losbadgts ]

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

no problem...sorry I couldn't help more.

Good luck with it and I'll probably see you guys on Sunday.

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
question...

The last time I was out there they were not putting water in the burnout box. What's the deal with that?

I cannot put my clutch thru 2nd gear burnouts on slicks with no water.

Any thoughts?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

twisted54,
i just realized that my relay does not have a wire that goes to ground [Confused]
this is the way it's set up.
The system works fine as it is right now.. . but i want the safety of the window swtich cause i tend to miss gears more often than i'd like to admit.

*Terminal 30 is connected to the battery with 30 amp fuse.
*Terminal 86 to our arming toggle switch under the dash.
*Terminal 85 connects to the positive side of the WOT switch.
*Terminal 87 is wired to the nitrous and fuel solenoids.
 -

pd: this image was found on the following website(http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2004/09/NitrousWorks/index3.php) i don't know if it has copy rights or not.. so i'm just making a note of that.

[ February 17, 2006, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
twisted54,
i just realized that my relay does not have a wire that goes to ground [Confused]
this is the way it's set up.
The system works fine as it is right now.. . but i want the safety of the window swtich cause i tend to miss gears more often than i'd like to admit.

*Terminal 30 is connected to the battery with 30 amp fuse.
*Terminal 85 to our arming toggle switch under the dash.
*Terminal 86 connects to the positive side of the WOT switch.
*Terminal 87 is wired to the nitrous and fuel solenoids.
 -

pd: this image was found on the following website(http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2004/09/NitrousWorks/index3.php) i don't know if it has copy rights or not.. so i'm just making a note of that.

Your relay must be grounded you wired it up wrong. 85 should be ground and not your toggle switch. As it sits now, your toggle switch will not receive any power it will never turn anything on. How do you want it to work? Just let me know and I can tell you how to wire it up. I'm just looking at what you have right now and from what it seems, you want to go with a toggle that arms the system and a wot switch that will activate the nos, correct? If so let me know and I can tell you how to wire it. But 85 is definitely ground! (PS you can use 86 as a ground as long as you have 85 as a 12v input, but standard is 85 ground and 86 12v input)

If your window switch provides a wire for ground, then that is the wire you connect to the ground of your nos solenoids instead of grounding them directly. Another way would be to use the widow switch ground wire and connect this to the 85 of the relay instead of grounding 85 directly. Both ways will work. Basically the window switch will provide a ground at a desired rpm and this will finalize the loop and complete the circuitry in order for your nos to work.

[ February 17, 2006, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's several ways to do a nos system with arming switch and wot switch. I'll just post up one way to prevent too much confusion. If you need help with it another way just let me know. Your diagrams with the "negative solenoid" wire makes me think that this is how the manufacturers want you to wire in the window switch. This will be wired in order from left to right.

1. 12v ignition to arming switch to 86 of the relay. Your arming switch should also have a ground which is there for the lighting circuitry when its armed. You should have 3 terminals on the arming switch. One goes to 12v ignition, one goes to 86 of relay and the last goes directly to ground. Terminals should be labeled on the arming switch.

2. 85 of relay to wot switch to ground. One side of the wot switch goes to ground and the other side goes to 85 of the relay it.

3. 12v battery to FUSE to 30 of the relay

4. 87 of the relay to positive wire of nos/fuel solenoids. Negative wire of nos/fuel solenoids goes to the grounding wire from the window switch.

Again this is just one way to wire it there will be several different variations of the same thing and all will work fine.

[ February 17, 2006, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

PS. Personally I like to connect the solenoid ground wires directly to ground and use the ground wire of 85 as a switched ground. There is less current in this wire because its only carrying a load to close the relay. Whereas, the ground side of the solenoids carry the current necessary to operate the solenoids and this current is much higher than the current used to close the relay. I'd rather be switching as low of a current load as possible. Therefore, I would wire the negative side of the solenoids directly to ground. Then I would go from 85 on relay to wot switch to window switch solenoid ground wire. But that's just me. Here's how I would wire it:

1. 12v ignition to arming switch to 86 of the relay. Your arming switch should also have a ground which is there for the lighting circuitry when its armed. You should have 3 terminals on the arming switch. One goes to 12v ignition, one goes to 86 of relay and the last goes directly to ground. Terminals should be labeled on the arming switch.

2. 85 of relay to wot switch to grounding wire from the window switch. One side of the wot switch goes to grounding wire from the window switch and the other side goes to 85 of the relay.

3. 12v battery to FUSE to 30 of the relay

4. 87 of the relay to positive wire of nos/fuel solenoids. Negative wire of nos/fuel solenoids directly to ground.

[ February 17, 2006, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

PPS. I will not make any referece to a bus or a school teacher. But if this was someone else.......

[Razz]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com