Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 2/18 Who's going to sacramento raceway? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2/18 Who's going to sacramento raceway?
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forecast is now calling for rain Fri,Sat and Sun...The weather can't make up its mind.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Forecast is now calling for rain Fri,Sat and Sun...The weather can't make up its mind.

[Mad] This is starting to piss Me off! Could affect the cruise then also?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh come on...screw it...Ejefe...you willing to race in the rain? I'm down [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shoot, looking like rain fri, Sat, and Sun in SAC [Frown]

I had an absolute blast last week and was hoping to run on the 18th again.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

How'd you do on the 11th?

I'm praying that the forecasters are wrong as usual and the 18th will still be on.

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

How'd you do on the 11th?

I'm praying that the forecasters are wrong as usual and the 18th will still be on.

13.58 @ 100.5 w/ 1.85 60ft. That was my best 60ft of the day. 60fts ranged from 1.85-2.05 The Bullitt suspension was not cooperating with the slicks. It was my first time with these slicks and the 60fts improved as the day went on.

Mods are:
2.5" Prochamber
e-fan
Pullies
C*L 76
14* timing
3.90 gear
26x8.5 slicks

Need to work on launch and get the 60ft down to 1.70's and maybe click off some low 13's with some seat time. Once I do that it's time for

skinnies, short belt, ram air, headers, catback... one at a time of course.

[ February 15, 2006, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Awesome times for those mods...

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
rain damn ! [Mad]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

shoot, weather.com is showing 80% chance of rain...

Looks like this one is a wash. Damn shame considering the temperature.

--------------------
Stangless

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

It's only 30% now with showers only in the am...man that could be midnight to 2am maybe. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and check the hotline at 10am on Sat.

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

OK...If 2/18 gets cancelled, I'm gonna go to the Wednesday night drags this week.

--------------------

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
Oh come on...screw it...Ejefe...you willing to race in the rain? I'm down [Smile]

[BS flag]
ok but you gotta drive the chevrostang.... [Eek!]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it looks like its going to rain so I'm out. Maybe next time fellas

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
quote:

[BS flag]

Dude, did you end up going? I thought it was raining up that way but just saw a screenshot of a timeslip on the fastest list. [Confused]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that slip says its from wednesday ????

[ February 19, 2006, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: 66 AC COBRA ]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

No that was from today...The date does look like 2/16 but Wed was the 15th. Sean04 spoke to Wildthang just after he ran that time.

I heard there were only like 3 cars there. I was gonna go but backed out at the last minute because I thought it was gonna rain too.

--------------------

sean04
¯
Member # 4863

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for sean04  Ford pictures for sean04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The track wasnt great today, but there was nobody there. And it was very cold. It was good enough for me to sneak into the 10's

--------------------
Tuned by Jeff S. aka JeffTheTuna

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
quote:

[BS flag]

Dude, did you end up going? I thought it was raining up that way but just saw a screenshot of a timeslip on the fastest list. [Confused]
i didnt go, i am really suprised they ran, it was pretty wet here last night so i partied till 3am and got up at like 1 in the afternoon.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
dan avoN7
¯
Member # 5755

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan avoN7  Ford pictures for dan avoN7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone I know with a white STi said he went up to get some test passes done on his new setup. Said there was only like 25 or so cars in all up there running. He only got a couple runs in i think, first was a test pass and second run when he got on it his clutch let go completely .
Posts: 19 | From: Danville, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

so sac was running this weekend?

SOB! lol

--------------------
Stangless

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sean04:
The track wasnt great today, but there was nobody there. And it was very cold. It was good enough for me to sneak into the 10's

Sean,
Nice run! 105 in the 1/8 is screamin, what happened after your 1st run? I was just looking at this Run from last year

Glen

[ February 20, 2006, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: WILDTHANG ]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

SlowLS1
¯
Member # 6540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowLS1  Ford pictures for SlowLS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sean04:

Congrats man. We are some red lighting fools. Next time we are out another heads up run.

--------------------
11.77@118 1.64 60 foot N/A
10.86@128 1.64 60 Foot 125 shot

2001 Z28

Posts: 24 | From: Citrus heights | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com