Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Infinion this Sunday!! rollcall.. (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Infinion this Sunday!! rollcall..
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:
some had bolt on's and some were stock.
two-gun kid dont get butt hurt.

shut up.
martin-do you adjust your timing by turning the coil packs?

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats done to the black GT with the silver cobra rear bumper?

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ha i never said that i had to buy coil packs to adjust my timing you damm tard. the black
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ha i never said that i had to buy coil packs to adjust my timing you damm tard. i dont know what the black GT HAS. WHY IF I MAY ASK?
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
ha i never said that i had to buy coil packs to adjust my timing you damm tard. i dont know what the black GT HAS. WHY IF I MAY ASK?

it appeared to be the fastest of the bunch

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

ACTUALLY THE BLUE LIGHTNING HIT 13.001 SO HE DID DO THE BEST. MY CAR WAS HELLA SPUTTERING
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

I raced the white lightning. I was in my girlfriends black LX vert.

my best today was a 14.0...with the stock h pipe on. 13.7 was my last best with an o/r H-pipe being the only difference.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

DAMM THATS PRETTY GOOD. I HIT 13.7 AT 108MPH AND IT WAS SPUTTERING AND I BELT SHREDDED APART.
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

quote:
DAMM THATS PRETTY GOOD. I HIT 13.7 AT 108MPH AND IT WAS SPUTTERING AND I BELT SHREDDED APART.

What color is your Cobra? Is it the Mystic one?

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

IT WAS THE WHITE ONE WITH THE BLACK COBRA R HOOD
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

I guess I missed it. I was in the triple black LX vert. The track conditions sucked, and we waited 3+ hours to run, and only get one timed run before bracket racing [BS flag] ALL other classes had 2 timed runs. Pretty unfair I thought, but a good lesson learned. I wont be back to sears point unlesss its a wednesday night drag.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

YEA IT WAS PRETTY PISSY.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:
I guess I missed it. I was in the triple black LX vert. The track conditions sucked, and we waited 3+ hours to run, and only get one timed run before bracket racing [BS flag] ALL other classes had 2 timed runs. Pretty unfair I thought, but a good lesson learned. I wont be back to sears point unlesss its a wednesday night drag.

what was that all about? too many people? a bunch of brake downs? i haven't missed more than 2(counting today) events and they always run at least 3 times before bracket racing.
That majorly sucks.
What was your mph, brandon? that's quite a drop on et with just a midpipe change.
Any other best times from your crew?
How did your friend do with his red nothc? that car is bad ass [worship]

--------------------
=(

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They took a long time to dry up the track. Plus I broke down on my first run! Sux....there goes my IRS...

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had the black fox with the silver bumper i got a stock 4.6 engine out of a 2001. i was the 4th fastest. 13.7 @ 105. the white lightning did a 13.3 the blue was a 13.0 and the cobra had a faster trap then me. my 60fts were 2.20
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
javz, it was jordan asking about you.. i was on the phone with him when he was talking to your friends from team legend.. one of my friend's brother in a DSG 03 cobra hit a 12.9 or so.. pretty nice.. and i heard another cobra broke a half-shaft.. i missed out on some fun... [Frown]

[ January 30, 2006, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: uh0h50 ]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
javz, it was jordan asking about you.. i was on the phone with him when he was talking to your friends from team legend.. one of my friend's brother in a DSG 03 cobra hit a 12.9 or so.. pretty nice.. and i heard another cobra broke a half-shaft.. i missed out on some fun... [Frown]

who's team legend? [Razz]
do you mean pablo ?

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
same shit smartass.. yeh pablo got the 12.9

--------------------
AP1 S2000

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
same shit smartass.. yeh pablo got the 12.9

shit shouldnt he be doing mid 12's at least. with the mods he's done?

ps-its team legion [Big Grin]

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

don't even get on me about spelling and grammar javz, you couldn't spell to save your life, or your car for that matter.. [Embarrassed] .. and like people were saying, track conditions sucked today

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here's what I saw, and what I know.

First off, TROPHY racers only got one time run, because the rest of us who run the larger classes, are running for MONEY, and we paid near twice as much to race as 'trophy'...that's the way it works at MOST dragstrips...given the weather conditions 24 hours prior to Sunday's race, we were lucky to see ANY drag racing. Sorry you folks felt snuffed with only 1 time run, but that's racing in January, with 250+ cars.

second off, I saw the white Cobra with the black R hood...sa-weet looking ride pal.

3rd, the owner of the white Cobra who broke 30 feet off the line in the left lane...sorry to see it happen...let me tell you, I was standing at the starting line on the RIGHT side of the K-wall, and saw the car's rear just shudder violently, including the exhaust...I know you coasted down the track a ways...sorry to see you hurt the car. I love the wheels.

4th, we race for team infineon, in the summit ET series. This was our first points race. I didnt know we'd even race, so I didnt have the actual 'race car' with us...we took my 94 Lincoln Mark VIII(yes, the black one). My girlfriend is a great racer in our real race car, but not used to driving a slower street car that weighs 4200 lbs, has 3.08 gears(one-legger) and cant hook up on street tires.

she tried her best, we got our points, but went down first round to WHOEVER owns the Mineral gray 03+ Cobra with DR's, dialing 12.01 in Sportsman. Now I KNOW the car is a 11-second capable car, and Sportsman's ET cap is 12.00 flat, so you cant even dial a 11.99 if you wanted to. I saw your dial-in, and knew you'd be on the brakes.

we dialed a "sandbag" number, hoping to push you out. You left the door wide open on the tree, yet she couldnt capitalize on your snooze...she took a nap herself. You ran it right...nice job...12.03 on a 12.01 dial, on the brakes.

I met a nice guy with a Fox Mustang in the staging lanes(he saw my California Fords.com stickers)...didnt catch your name, but it was cool to jaw-jack with ya.

You Mustang boys put on a nice showing...keep it up, and we'll see ya at the next event.

I wont be racing my slow Lincoln though...we have cars that were built to race....

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn now that i think about it i was the 5th fastest... forgot about greeds GT. hey BLACKice its was coo talking to ya out there. i hope to see you out there with the race car.
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
i had the black fox with the silver bumper i got a stock 4.6 engine out of a 2001. i was the 4th fastest. 13.7 @ 105. the white lightning did a 13.3 the blue was a 13.0 and the cobra had a faster trap then me. my 60fts were 2.20

u got a 4.6 in a 5.0 man that's sick, and i'm really impress that u were able to hit 105 mph on a stock 4.6 engine, i can only hit 103 with some bolt ons

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

well it was 104.97 mph.
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

man i kinda miss my old hood lol.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com