Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » The GT is ALIVE! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: The GT is ALIVE!
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just got it back from getting the headers made last night. Finished a few odds and ends and fired it up this afternoon. [Big Grin]

Now for 500 miles on the clutch and back to the track for some cool weather racing [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
should be able to hit 11's now [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get the miles on it this week...and the track on Saturday. I *should* be there...wanna run'em?? [Wink]

Congrats on getting it back together!!!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
should be able to hit 11's now [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Going for 10's on 18 inch DR's [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Get the miles on it this week...and the track on Saturday. I *should* be there...wanna run'em?? [Wink]

Congrats on getting it back together!!!

I'm shooting for the new years drags. Going cruising in the foothills next weekend to add some miles. [Smile]

--------------------
AED

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ January 08, 2006, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] glad to here it is back on the road.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very cool!

I'll be hitting the track as soon as I get my torque boxes reinforced. The upper reinforcements are bolted in and ready for welding and the lowers... well I had to send them back to the manufacturer for a slight modification. Should be here next week.

26x8.5 Mickeys are on their way (:
Then I need to find some rims to mount them on and I am set!

WOOT!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad its running again, how does it feel are your other issues fixed. I'll be up there Saturday with my new toy. You can bring it down to PC to put some more miles on it and I can check it out.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Glad its running again, how does it feel are your other issues fixed. I'll be up there Saturday with my new toy. You can bring it down to PC to put some more miles on it and I can check it out.

Prairie City = dirt

So, NO WAY! [Wink]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Very cool!

I'll be hitting the track as soon as I get my torque boxes reinforced. The upper reinforcements are bolted in and ready for welding and the lowers... well I had to send them back to the manufacturer for a slight modification. Should be here next week.

WOOT!

I don't even own a set of slicks anymore and I wont until I get a 10 second pass on DR's [burnout]

--------------------
AED

blownstang98
¯
Member # 5469

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blownstang98  Ford pictures for blownstang98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats cool man I saw your car in sac and the mustang madness thing and mike was next to you. I was in the white 98 gt well anyways you have a sick as car man. cant wait to see it run again.

--------------------
MMR MOD 900, hp stage 2 blower cams, stage 2 ported heads waiting for the 18 pounds of booosssttt to come.

Posts: 508 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit! [Eek!]

Congrats! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Very cool!

WOOT!

I don't even own a set of slicks anymore and I wont until I get a 10 second pass on DR's [burnout]
If you nail a 10 on DR I will shit myself right in the stands! lol.

Me... I have taken a LONG 4 year break from the track while in college. Hoping to get back into it but I know I'll be rusty as all hell. Gonna be out on slicks for the 1st time...

Does Sac still have a scale? I need to weigh this pig and see where I stand.

--------------------
Stangless

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Very cool!

WOOT!

Me... I have taken a LONG 4 year break from the track while in college. Hoping to get back into it but I know I'll be rusty as all hell. Gonna be out on slicks for the 1st time...

In that case you might want to add a set of Depends to you list of things to bring to the track. [Eek!]
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Very cool!

WOOT!

In that case you might want to add a set of Depends to you list of things to bring to the track. [Eek!]
Scott, whats up buddy? Good to see you posting? You still playing with 5 liters these days?

--------------------
Stangless

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by blownstang98:
Thats cool man I saw your car in sac and the mustang madness thing and mike was next to you. I was in the white 98 gt well anyways you have a sick as car man. cant wait to see it run again.

Thanks man. I remember talking to you out at Mustang Madness. There was nothing good happening for me that day. Racing with a 6k redline and no synchro's...lol

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:
quote:
Very cool!

WOOT!

This time around I wan't even at the track at all while my car was down. So now with it running again it feel extra fast [Razz] Anyway, I'm sure I'll be plenty rusty myself.

Oh yeah, and Sac does have a few scales now. If they are open or not, that is the question.

--------------------
AED

2stang
¯
Member # 4237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stang  Ford pictures for 2stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yellow94gt, what all did you change?

--------------------
-92 GT

Posts: 377 | From: walnut creek | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 2stang:
Yellow94gt, what all did you change?

Small stuff. Electric water pump, standard volume oil pump, slightly larger cam, fixed the distributer and cam gears eating eachother and HOPEFULLY the car will now rev past 6400 so I can shift it where I should be. Also lost about 50 lbs out of the car.

--------------------
AED

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is your best et/mph on dr's to date

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:

11.31 @ 122

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I put 175 miles on the car today. Burned one full tank of fuel! (where is JeffS?)

--------------------
AED

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
quote:

11.31 @ 122
well you have the mph, but not the traction [Big Grin]

too bad mt doesnt make an 18" radial [Razz]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:
quote:

11.31 @ 122
well you have the mph, but not the traction [Big Grin]

too bad mt doesnt make an 18" radial [Razz]

I've gone a best of 1.65 on my BFG's with a hand full of 1.67 and 1.68's. I think they are working just fine for a 35 series sidewall [Wink]

--------------------
AED

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com