Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sears Point 27th roll call? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sears Point 27th roll call?
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:
You were spinning one tire, you can get the FMS rebuild kit for it, or use your old trac lock. You could also buy an aftermarket unit...

Also, I really do think that your alignment is keeping you from trapping at 107, get it aligned and you will notice a difference [patriot]

thanks.. so the rebuild kit would be enough? i was looking at posis yesterday and they were darn expensive. over 400 bucks [Eek!]

--------------------
=(

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It will be fine with the rebuild kit, I did it to my car and four others. No one leggers [Wink]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks..
Here are some pics.. i took this with my camera phone since i forgot the digi...
sorry i missed some other clean cars out there..
 -

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

-

-
wait.. what's that on his head? [Razz]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice pics Jersey, BTW, that white 86 is probably about the cleanest 86 in existence darn near [patriot]

I like the arm in the tail pipe trick as well [Big Grin]

[ November 30, 2005, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I had a good day at the track. Eventhough I red-lit in the third round I still went home happy with my best ET to date.

I just put new exhaust on the Mach1 the previous weekend...(MRT off-road H-pipe and Magnaflow cat-back system - all 2.5" stainless steel). So, I wanted to beat my best time of 12.70 @ 106.32. I was hoping for low 12.6's. It was looking promising after my first run, 12.75 @ 107.33, when the car was hot and I didn't get any traction off the line. So for the second run, the engine was cool and I dropped the pressure to 13psi in the ET Streets and pulled off a 12.41 @ 109.11!!!! I thought they made a mistake on my time slip so I had to make sure it was my number on it... it was! I got a 12.50 the next round on the brakes to keep from braking out. I wish I knew how much the stock exhaust was holding me back sooner.

Hey Jersey, where's a picture of my car? I guess you only take pictures of Fox Body Mustangs now huh? I see how it is.

Tony, you need to get some sticky tires on that thing. You could have been running low 11's.

Anyway, it was nice meeting you guys.

Take it easy.

-Ron

[ December 01, 2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mach1Pony,

your Mach 1 is really fast for just bolt ons. Do you still have the stock gears? I saw it launch a couple times and it looks wicked, what are your 60 foot times like in the 1.6 range?

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pony:
Well, I had a good day at the track. Eventhough I red-lit in the third round I still went home happy with my best ET to date.

I just put new exhaust on the Mach1 the previous weekend...(MRT off-road H-pipe and Magnaflow cat-back system - all 2.5" stainless steel). So, I wanted to beat my best time of 12.70 @ 106.32. I was hoping for low 12.6's. It was looking promising after my first run, 12.75 @ 107.33, when the car was hot and I didn't get any traction off the line. So for the second run, the engine was cool and I dropped the pressure to 13psi in the ET Streets and pulled off a 12.41 @ 109.11!!!! I thought they made a mistake on my time slip so I had to make sure it was my number on it... it was! I got a 12.50 the next round on the brakes to keep from braking out. I wish I knew how much my stock exhaust was holding my back sooner.

Hey Jersey, where's a picture of my car? I guess you only take pictures of Fox Body Mustangs now huh? I see how it is.

Tony, you need to get some sticky tires on that thing. You could have been running low 11's.

Anyway, it was nice meeting you guys.

Take it easy.

-Ron

Ron, i missed your car. i took all those pics as we were lined up for our first elimination round.. i guess you had already gone by.
Next time [patriot] ..

guess you, Vince and even steve got new best times. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jersey,

Just get the rebuild kit, but add an extra friction plate and pack the clutches as follows: friction, steel, friction, steel, friction, steel, friction. Also use the biggest shims you can fit in there. I did this and it would not 1-leg anymore. It made it much stiffer than the original factory setup. Hopefully you will have 1 good friction plate on each side of the carrier that you can reuse. The rebuild kits are only $40. Good luck. The only thing that sucks is getting that damn "S" spring back in. I put a hose clamp on it to compress it so I could slide it in place. It was still a pain, but it worked.

I wish I could have been there last weekend! I still can't believe how quick and fast Ron's Mach went. Congrats on the 12.41 @ 109mph.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Craig, hope you're back out there next season with a fresh motor [patriot]

I have my AOD convertable running 13.5's on street tires now [Big Grin]

Ran a 13.4 and it's good for a 13.2 in perfect conditions, but I had the chip detuned a hair so 13.5's should be good and consistent N/A with the AOD [Big Grin]

Look forward to seeing you next to me a few Wednesday nights next year for the trophy [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
Mach1Pony,

your Mach 1 is really fast for just bolt ons. Do you still have the stock gears? I saw it launch a couple times and it looks wicked, what are your 60 foot times like in the 1.6 range?

Thanks guys.

1fast281, I do not have the stock gears in anymore. My best with stock gears and drag radials was a 12.86 @ 105. I replaced the stock diff with a FRPP 31 spline 4.30 trac-loc and FRPP 31 spline axels. I think the 4.30 was the most significant modification. I now run ET Streets and usually get mid 1.7 60fts. My best 60ft was on the 12.41 run where I got a 1.71 60ft. I have never been into the 1.6's. I think the stock suspension is holding me back. I think I'm going to disconnect my front sway bar and see if it makes a difference. Vince has always impressed me with his 60fts... He was able to pull off a 1.5 on the ET Drag Radials and stock suspension! His poor half-shafts must hate him. [Big Grin]

-Ron

[ December 01, 2005, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
Ron, i missed your car. i took all those pics as we were lined up for our first elimination round.. i guess you had already gone by.
Next time [patriot] ..

guess you, Vince and even steve got new best times. [patriot]

Jersey, I'm just giving you a hard time. [Big Grin]

Yes, I believe all three of us got our best times last Sunday. The track is always faster on weekend events. Mainly because there is no headwind and sometimes it's even a tail wind.

-Ron

--------------------

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 4.30's myself and i'm starting to think I should have went with 4.56's because i'm still not at the end of 3rd gear in the 1/4 mile. At least they are better than my stock 3.27's... Are you shifting at 7000? I seem to get the best times shifting at 6600rpm but I still have the stock 4V Mark VIII intake manifold.

[ December 01, 2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: 1fast281 ]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ron, it was good to meet you and Vince. Nice times!

Ron, I guess the LOW ASS times just run in the family.......... Is there some book to this that you and Craig are keeping from the rest of us [Big Grin]

Don

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Don,

Your car is running strong. I might not make it out next year. I have to put a roof on the house before I tear the car apart. I will need to save some money and it is going to be tuff finding the time to work on it. My wife's due date is April 1st. We are having a boy! I may have to take one year off so I can take my time and do it right.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
My wife's due date is April 1st. We are having a boy! I may have to take one year off so I can take my time and do it right.

Wow, CONGRATS Craig!
Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
I have 4.30's myself and i'm starting to think I should have went with 4.56's because i'm still not at the end of 3rd gear in the 1/4 mile. At least they are better than my stock 3.27's... Are you shifting at 7000? I seem to get the best times shifting at 6600rpm but I still have the stock 4V Mark VIII intake manifold.

I tried to shift around 6000 to 6300 in all gears. It makes the most power around that area eventhough my redline is 6800. I am very impressed with the Mark VIII's.

My buddy that works at Big Johnson's in SR has done a lot of work on the Mark VIII's. He loves them. He said advancing the cam timing makes them a whole new beast.

-Ron

[ December 03, 2005, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Ron, it was good to meet you and Vince. Nice times!

Ron, I guess the LOW ASS times just run in the family.......... Is there some book to this that you and Craig are keeping from the rest of us [Big Grin]

Don

No book, just a motto which reads "Drive it like you stole it and you are being chased by the police!!" It looks like you go by the same motto. 13.4 @ 103 in a vert is very impressive... Good advertisement for RPM.

It was nice meeting you too Don.

As soon as we finish my brothers 64 Lemans we should have another car in the 11's and maybe even the 10's. It's got a built 454 punched to a 468. It sounds real healthy but it hasn't seen the track yet. As a matter of fact, it hasn't even been driven on the street yet. We just have to finish the interior and we are good to go. Maybe next season.

-Ron

[ December 03, 2005, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

I wanted to take my car to Sac for test and tune but I don't think I want to spend $45 bucks and only get three runs. They are only running from 12pm to 4pm... 4 hours? That isn't enough time to tune anything!

I guess I'll just wait for another weekend event at the Point. [patriot]

[ December 03, 2005, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Even though you only get 5 hours, you get up to 10 runs, maybe more on a TNT. Plus Sac is generally faster than Sears Point...

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com