Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge results...... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grudge results......
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK guys post up how you eventually did.

Like Marc posted in another thread the place was packed i beleieve over 200 cars [Eek!]

Only got 3 runs in and then headed home [Roll Eyes]

Not too shabby for the 18's they hooked pretty damn good but not as well as the MT's.

1st pass - 11.85 @ 119 1.827 60'
2nd pass - 11.79 @ 121 1.853 60 '
3rd pass - 11.69 @ 122 [Big Grin] 1.829 60 '

Still never got a "really clean" pass w/o a little spin or hop at the top of first..........i'm dyinh to put on some skinnies and the MT's again to oficially get kicked out.

Nice to see all you guys out there [patriot]

[ October 02, 2005, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good to see Ya again patrick. Like You said We should set something up for a friday night in a couple week's that way it will be way less crowded and alot easier to see and meet up with other CA Ford members! Here is My best pass with no second gear [Mad] -1.717 60 ft 11.945 @ 115.774.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys...sorry to hear about how crowded it was... I there was like 20 or less cars there on Friday.

TnT is going to Saturdays in November.

Marc, So was the car not going into 2nd at all?

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i managed to get 5 runs in without cheating. didnt get to see anyone except fasterdamnit and some of the penninsula folks from another site that can't be mentioned

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
13.77@101 w/ a 2.07 60ft (street tires) in my daily driver. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
i managed to get 5 runs in without cheating. didnt get to see anyone except fasterdamnit and some of the penninsula folks from another site that can't be mentioned

Were you right in front of Jim in the staging lane.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:

Yup.

I impersonated a kangeroo on my launches. Then went slow. At least it is now running reliably and most of the leaks are fixed. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how fast did the svo go [patriot]

low 14's [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:

Yup.

I impersonated a kangeroo on my launches. Then went slow. At least it is now running reliably and most of the leaks are fixed. [Roll Eyes]

Hey I think I was behind You on the last run of the nite at 9:30 in lane 1, does Your lincese plate frame read "have You chased a ford lately"? Anyway's I was in the white notch. [patriot] And tony I would wind it up in first and click it into second and it would stay in first and hit the rev limiter! [BS flag] Fuckin tranny shop WILL bed pulling it out monday to correct the problem!

--------------------

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did anyone see the Black Foxbody with Black 10-holers....He was running like 12.5's....I think his name is Marcus..

I was kind of impressed because it sounded pretty stock but it hooked well too...Just wanted to know his mods and suspension...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
Did anyone see the Black Foxbody with Black 10-holers....He was running like 12.5's....I think his name is Marcus..

I was kind of impressed because it sounded pretty stock but it hooked well too...Just wanted to know his mods and suspension...

Ya, those guys (in the primer black Fox's) are normally show for Grudge. Pretty basic combos, with either Nitrous or the one who is S/C'd. They have a small chip on their shoulder, as they were mentioned here on the board as to "all having stroker engines" due to the times they were running. I talked with them for a bit last night. I told'em not to sweat it; who cares what you've got under the hood...

..just run the number. [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:

Ya, those guys (in the primer black Fox's) are normally show for Grudge. Pretty basic combos, with either Nitrous or the one who is S/C'd. They have a small chip on their shoulder, as they were mentioned here on the board as to "all having stroker engines" due to the times they were running. I talked with them for a bit last night. I told'em not to sweat it; who cares what you've got under the hood...

Yeah I have met some of those guy's and they just seem to hang with the people they roll in with? I like watching them do the burnout's as it look's like a mini sideshow [Big Grin] ! they seem to pull some good 60's but their tires can't be lasting long [Eek!] . I think one of them posts under the screen name REDRalleyEyes or something, but The Guy in their crew I saw run last night ran a 11.3 which I think is pretty good for a street car and a couple others were high to mid eleven's so congrat's to them.

--------------------

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:

Yeah I have met some of those guy's and they just seem to hang with the people they roll in with? I like watching them do the burnout's as it look's like a mini sideshow [Big Grin] ! they seem to pull some good 60's but their tires can't be lasting long [Eek!] . I think one of them posts under the screen name REDRalleyEyes or something, but The Guy in their crew I saw run last night ran a 11.3 which I think is pretty good for a street car and a couple others were high to mid eleven's so congrat's to them.
yeah I've met Chris (redralleyeys)...he sold me the wheels on my "race" car....He's pretty cool and always has something for sale....

for all of them having stroker motors....they're cars seemed pretty quiet...or maybe mine is just too damn loud....

and the black primer fox with the s/c and spare tires on front was pretty fast.....

I would really like to know what they run for suspension though.....

them and the 86 Gt that ran a 10.85 on spray....

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

thats matt aka. haulinassmaro

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
quote:

thats matt aka. haulinassmaro
that car is great....looks super streetable, launches hard, sounds great....exactly how I want my car to run

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got to give it up to matt again in his 86,running 10.8 must be fun going that fast,congragulations to all that were there,i hope to see 10s soon in my car.wow to the primerd stangs that were out ther again,i think i saw low 11 second run from one of them,just love those lanches. [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never got a chance to check out the primered stangs. They really didn't seem open to conversation but i overheard one of them with timing problems i think [Confused]

Anyway gotta give a shout out to Evan and Rob and the rest of their crew for running mid 11's w/ 1.50 60fts @ 110mph N/A......but it looked like a peg-leg on the last burn-out i saw [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Never got a chance to check out the primered stangs. They really didn't seem open to conversation but i overheard one of them with timing problems i think [Confused]

Anyway gotta give a shout out to Evan and Rob and the rest of their crew for running mid 11's w/ 1.50 60fts @ 110mph N/A......but it looked like a peg-leg on the last burn-out i saw [burnout]

thanks patrick, the last pass the car went 11.38 @ 121 with a 1.61 60. yeah, we need a new rearend. the car did do a 1.57 and a 1.59 60 that nite though. [patriot]
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:

thanks patrick, the last pass the car went 11.38 @ 121 with a 1.61 60. [patriot] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Must have been that huge burnout [Razz]

When do you guys plan on making it up to Sac again?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

thanks patrick, the last pass the car went 11.38 @ 121 with a 1.61 60. [patriot]

When do you guys plan on making it up to Sac again? [/QB][/QUOTE]

haha, atleast i tried though lol. [Big Grin] hopefully by the end of this month we'll be back out there. we gotta line em up pat.

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks patrick, the last pass the car went 11.38 @ 121 with a 1.61 60. [patriot]

haha, atleast i tried though lol. [Big Grin] hopefully by the end of this month we'll be back out there. we gotta line em up pat. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Sounds good but i need to shed a little wieght to keep up with that 11.38 [Roll Eyes]

Or maybe i can pray you fall asleep waiting for the tree to go green lol.

We are trying to get a group of us up for a Friday TNT before Nov....hope your work schedule is open.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
quote:
quote:
[Razz]

haha, atleast i tried though lol. [Big Grin] hopefully by the end of this month we'll be back out there. we gotta line em up pat.
There is a test and tune on the 28th of October how does that work out for You Patrick? [burnout]

We are trying to get a group of us up for a Friday TNT before Nov....hope your work schedule is open.

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
There is a test and tune on the 28th of October how does that work out for You Patrick?

That sounds great since it's the last chance i have until after winter [Frown]

I leave for the Phillipines on the 4th of Nov [Whoo Whooooo!]

Hope people can make it.....should be fun!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm gonna see if I can get my car up/runnig and tuned by then so I can go too...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

quote:
quote:
There is a test and tune on the 28th of October how does that work out for You Patrick?

That sounds great since it's the last chance i have until after winter [Frown]

I leave for the Phillipines on the 4th of Nov [Whoo Whooooo!]

Hope people can make it.....should be fun!

pat, you got my #, hit me up.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com