Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Norcal Shootout GRIEVANCE Thread (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Norcal Shootout GRIEVANCE Thread
Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
Those are Regal T-types... not GNs.. correct?

[Embarrassed] you must be correct as i don't know much about those cars regal vs. GN

What is the diff?

[patriot]

Not a whole lot to my knowledge, maybe suspension and paint/interior... the GNs were all black, black wheels, grey/black interior, and I believe 86-87 GNs were intercooled whereas 84-85 were not. Buick made a T-type Regal in those years which was the run of the mill Regal with the same engine as the GN... but not intercooled and offered in all the Regal paint/interior colors. If you want the GN performance without the price tag you can find a T-type and get the same out of it with a little cash invested.

Im not 100% with what Im saying here.. but I do know the main difference is one is a black Grand National... and the other is considered a Regal. Both cars potentially on par with eachother.

BTW.. I ran into one of those white Buicks on the freeway one night after leaving the track. We had some fun and I basically got my ass handed to me. [Embarrassed] GNs, Regal T-type, either one Id love to own. [patriot]

[/thread derail, sorry]

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 02EBZ06:
This is the best looking turbo buick, I've ever seen. I have video of the two Mustangs I ran and the buick, if anyone wants it.
 -

I really like the side view of that 'car'. Do you have any rear views or closeups? [Big Grin]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
Those are Regal T-types... not GNs.. correct?

[Embarrassed] you must be correct as i don't know much about those cars regal vs. GN

What is the diff?

[patriot]

Not a whole lot to my knowledge, maybe suspension and paint/interior... the GNs were all black, black wheels, grey/black interior, and I believe 86-87 GNs were intercooled whereas 84-85 were not. Buick made a T-type Regal in those years which was the run of the mill Regal with the same engine as the GN... but not intercooled and offered in all the Regal paint/interior colors. If you want the GN performance without the price tag you can find a T-type and get the same out of it with a little cash invested.

Im not 100% with what Im saying here.. but I do know the main difference is one is a black Grand National... and the other is considered a Regal. Both cars potentially on par with eachother.

BTW.. I ran into one of those white Buicks on the freeway one night after leaving the track. We had some fun and I basically got my ass handed to me. [Embarrassed] GNs, Regal T-type, either one Id love to own. [patriot]

[/thread derail, sorry]

just so you know, it wasnt one of those 2 buicks if thats what you mean

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:

Weird.. I recall the same sticker on the back window like those had. This was a good 6 months ago.

[ September 14, 2005, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Avengeance ]

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:

Weird.. I recall the same sticker on the back window like those had. This was a good 6 months ago.
the onwer of the "slower" buick is an engine builder, the owner of that stickers message
he builds LOTS of buicks around this area

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nick, the '86 and '87 T-Types were intercooled like the GN.

It was paint and interior that were different (and possibly suspension and some options.)

You could get the GN (Grand National) in any color you wanted... as long as it was black. Or so the advertisements of those years went.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com