Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Need to rent some 5 lug 26x10" slicks in sacramento

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need to rent some 5 lug 26x10" slicks in sacramento
Slart
¯
Member # 5980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slart  Ford pictures for Slart    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi folks,

I know it seems odd to rent someone's slicks, but I want to see if 26x10's are appropriate for my car.

I have a pretty well balanced combo now, and I'm afraid if I just buy the biggest, stickiest slicks I can and drop it from 6000 I'll break something (The griggs torque arm and torsen diff are probably my weakest links).

So I'm thinking I should start with some smaller slicks like 26x10 to keep the parts a little safer, and see how much ET I lose due to tires spin before I decide what to buy.

So, is anybody in the sacramento area willing to get together and do some testing with me one day, perhaps this weekend? I'd be happy to buy lunch and pay for the burnt rubber.

Steve Sadler
(916)806-1475

Posts: 15 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Slart
¯
Member # 5980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slart  Ford pictures for Slart    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

BTW, did I mention it makes 800hp and I'll give you a ride? :-)

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why don't you just buy a used set and try those?

BTW, if you have enough knowledge to build a 800hp setup, you should be able to figure out what tire to run. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont worry about it, I launched at 6000+ rpms with a stock rearend on 28x10 slicks 10+ times with no problems with my 357w

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put a 28x10.5x15 ET Drag on the car. I've launched a 475rwhp stang to a 1.46 sixty foot, dead hooking.

I've also launched a 510 rwhp stang to a 1.36 sixty foot. My second time out with this car, I did break the mini-spool, which helped screw up my driveshaft yoke, as well as twist my ouput shaft. Upgrading to a full spool fixed that issue and I have been running consistent 1.37 - 1.39 sixty foots. I will soon be running nitrous wired right up to the transbrake on this same car.

You say you have a well matched combo. What suspension are you running in front/back? What transmission? If stick, what clutch? If auto, what stall converter? What power adder do you have? How heavy is your car? What is the front:back weight ratio? Has this car been on four corner scales?

[ September 05, 2005, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 26x10 ET Drags have pushed my car to a best of a 1.46 60ft squeeling like stuck pigs. I'd say that if something is going to break, a 26x10 tire will sure do it for you [Wink] [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Slart
¯
Member # 5980

Thanks for the replies. I just moved this weekend and dont have internet access at home set up yet.

I just spoke with someone on the phone about this and all my questions are answered. Hope to see some of you saturday!

Thanks,

Steve

[ September 06, 2005, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Slart ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com