Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » sac race way aug 31st

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sac race way aug 31st
04DropTopGT
¯
Member # 5934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04DropTopGT  Ford pictures for 04DropTopGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok guys, i'm thinking about going to sac race way tonight. i have never raced at a track before. so i'm a newbie, can you guys give me some tips and pointers? how does the staging light work? sorry for the dumb questions. thanks
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a little diagram to go with the written explanation:

-

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/71018/

I would explain but too much to type [Razz]

Good luck!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wear long pants,no tank tops, close toed shoes, I'm assuming you dont have skinnys on the front so pull around the water box, do a quick spin of the tires to clean them off pull forward till you activate the staging beams, wait for the guy in the other lane to stage "you will see his light activate on the tree" at this point there will be three yellow lights that flash one at a time, leave on the third yellow! Good luck.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Wear long pants,no tank tops, close toed shoes, I'm assuming you dont have skinnys on the front so pull around the water box, do a quick spin of the tires to clean them off pull forward till you activate the staging beams, wait for the guy in the other lane to stage "you will see his light activate on the tree" at this point there will be three yellow lights that flash one at a time, leave on the third yellow! Good luck.

To add.....

The "pre-stage" beam is about 6-8" in front of the "staged" beam.

Both you and your opponets "staged" lights be on before the starter will activate the 3 ambers on the x-mas tree.

There are other methods of staging (shollow vs. deep) but you should not be worried about that for your first time out.

And remember the clock doesn't start until you trip the lights NOT after the third amber so take your time.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04DropTopGT:
Ok guys, i'm thinking about going to sac race way tonight. i have never raced at a track before. so i'm a newbie, can you guys give me some tips and pointers? how does the staging light work? sorry for the dumb questions. thanks

So how'd you do???

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com