Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » When is the ford v. chevy (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: When is the ford v. chevy
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kwikrob:
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
quote:
that's funny. most people that know me say i'm really cool.

They lied to you.
Your girl said i was REALLY cool! [Razz]
quote:
i'll chalk you up to a dumb asshole with a slow pos car that has to hold an event to get people to notice him.

Way to act like a 5th grader about it.

oh no. being ganged up on by camaro guys! here's a suggestion. the way you have it set up isn't that bad. but considering that all cars don't weigh the same to begin with, why penalize someone that saves less than 20 lbs off there car? maybe restrictions on tire sizes? any tire size you want but no fiberglass? sounds kind of backwards. no my car isn't 100% streetable. used to be, but that got boring and i have 3 other bone stock cars to drive where i want to go.

I wasn't trying to be a dick but your posts became ruder and ruder and i got a little pissed. if i do show up tomorrow night, and it would ONLY be to spectate i will look you up. the reason i pumped you for info right now was so i didn't spend 3 dollars a gallon in gas just to be told to run outlaw. am i upset? sure. its been over a month since i've raced and now i have to wait another 3 weeks for grudge night. and i was done with you but when you come back insulting me i'm not going to sit back and take it.

Where did I insult you? I don't see me calling you any names... if you got insulted from anything I said, then you've got some pretty thin skin for being on the internet and living in today's society.

Sorry if my posts came off as rude, I didn't mean them to. I'm sure I was a bit defensive on some things.

And I agree, the rules were not perfect... but when are they ever?

The idea behind the weight penalites were to keep the "race" cars out of the classes that the street cars were racing in. Like I've said repeately... this event started as one idea (Ford and Chevy late model EFI ONLY) and morphed into what it became. This will NOT happen again in the future.

And it still seems like you are blaming us for not being able to race. Why haven't you raced in awhile? You do know that the track is open on Fri nights too, right? And they hold events such as the event that ran long prior to ours which caused so many problems. But you keep blaming US for the fact that you can't run, what gives?

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another thing I realized from talking to many of the racers, is that they were lying to get into the race/classes... That sure is unfortunate that people will do that. Somehow we need to figure out how to keep them from getting away with it.

Some folks are complaining that they raced against a car that didn't fit in their class. Well we couldn't watch EVERY run and figure out if they were legal or not. It is up to the people in the class to self regulate and call upon an official if there is an issue.

Cars that were not actually fitting into the class were moved to an appropriate class like we said. We wanted a competitive event, and the last 2-3 rounds were, for the most part, VERY competitive and some very good races.

If anyone has any input, please feel free to discuss them in the new thread I will start.

Thank you.

Brian

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com