Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » When is the ford v. chevy (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: When is the ford v. chevy
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
too lazy to look through the threads.
Thanks.

[ September 06, 2005, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: menlo pony ]

Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
09/10/05

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
09/10/05

thanks, what time should spectators start arriving?
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will not be attending. Classes are lame and set up for stock cars. If you've done anything, outlaw you go. [BS flag]
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kwikrob:
I will not be attending. Classes are lame and set up for stock cars. If you've done anything, outlaw you go. [BS flag]

actually the rule are very very loose motor wise

unless of course you have a carb  -

outlaw was won with a mid 9sec car last year wasnt it, so you never know what can happen

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Ahhhhh but you will miss the Hooter girls.
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
dame94
¯
Member # 2932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dame94  Ford pictures for dame94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Like previously stated it's setup for late model EFI cars not CARBED cars. and there WILL be models there too [Eek!] [Razz]
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KwikRob... what car do you have and what mods do you have? This is NOT set up for stock cars, but it is NOT setup for trailed, track specific, race cars either.

Like 66 AC Cobra said, the rules are pretty loose, especially for the Ford guys.

How many other opportunities do you have to race for money and trophies?

As for having a carb and going to Outlaw... not totally true. Depends on the car and how it fits into the classes.

Hope to see many folks out there having a great time!!!

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
KwikRob... what car do you have and what mods do you have? This is NOT set up for stock cars, but it is NOT setup for trailed, track specific, race cars either.

Like 66 AC Cobra said, the rules are pretty loose, especially for the Ford guys.
As for having a carb and going to Outlaw... not totally true. Depends on the car and how it fits into the classes.

Hope to see many folks out there having a great time!!!

How many other opportunities do you have to race for money and trophies?
it is a 67 mustang. it would be stroker plus power adder division i would try to compete in. it has fiberglass bumpers and hood, still weighs over 3400 with me in it. car has a carb, leaf springs with cal tracks and a 28 by 10 slick. i footbrake off the line, no transbrake. i have a single plate system, no fogger. car is fully muffled, licensed, registered and insured. At this point it doesn't really matter to me if i can fit your class or not. i just have one question. what advantage does a carb have over efi? maybe for nitrous but if i was running a turbo i would rather have efi. just curious why carbed guys scare you.

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Carbed guys don't scare us, but it is much harder to put them into an appropriate class. We all know what the EFI GM and Ford products should run with their mods and such...

With the fiberglass bumpers, you should get bumped up to OUTLAW... but if you wanted to run on just motor you could be in the Stroker Motor + 1 power adder... since you would normally be in Stroker Motor... err, what size motor is it?

So, you could be in stock motor + power adder, and then get bumped up a class or two depending on the "illegal" mods, such as fiberglass bumpers, stripped interior and such.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

quote:
Carbed guys don't scare us, but it is much harder to put them into an appropriate class. We all know what the EFI GM and Ford products should run with their mods and such...

With the fiberglass bumpers, you should get bumped up to OUTLAW... but if you wanted to run on just motor you could be in the Stroker Motor + 1 power adder... since you would normally be in Stroker Motor... err, what size motor is it?

So, you could be in stock motor + power adder, and then get bumped up a class or two depending on the "illegal" mods, such as fiberglass bumpers, stripped interior and such.

The only motors that came in a 67 mustang were a straight six, a 289 or a 390. i have a 460 so i assumed stroker motor. just heard that jason mack will probably make it to this event. how do you think my mid 9 second car will do against his low 7 second car? [Roll Eyes]
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Well is it a consistant 7 second car? I've seen weirder things happen. And like I said, run on motor only and you don't have to be in Outlaw.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

i'll decide if i go or not day of event. i won't be motor only but might not be outlaw either. your rules still suck and i'd love to see a carbed guy take it all. better yet, an old school mustang winning the norcal ls1 event. wait, that's why i have to race handicapped. the 18 lbs total i saved with the fiberglass bumpers is too much of an advantage. what kind of times do you think the stroker with power adder class guys will run? think they will run single digits? my car runs bottom 10's on motor...

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Damn, you sure sound upset over this... hope that an old school carbed mustang wins "our" event. I hope we have a broad range of cars win the different classes. I sure don't think that a GM (nor one of OUR members) will win even the majority of the classes.

The rules were setup for "street cars" that the majority of the people on the boards have. It is to keep the full on "race cars" from cleaning up at this event. There are other events/venues that "race cars" can compete at.

I think there might be some folks that are capable of running 9's in the Stroker + Power adder... but I think in general it will be a solid 10 second/low 11 second class.

As for rules sucking... I wanted to race in a certain class in PSCA, but my car didn't fit in their rules. I had a solid roller cam, electric water pump, and tubular K-member... did I bitch and complain? No. If I wanted to race, I would have conformed to their rules.

It is just a very small contingent that is comlaining about these rules anyway.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

quote:
Damn, you sure sound upset over this... hope that an old school carbed mustang wins "our" event. I hope we have a broad range of cars win the different classes. I sure don't think that a GM (nor one of OUR members) will win even the majority of the classes.

The rules were setup for "street cars" that the majority of the people on the boards have. It is to keep the full on "race cars" from cleaning up at this event. There are other events/venues that "race cars" can compete at.

I think there might be some folks that are capable of running 9's in the Stroker + Power adder... but I think in general it will be a solid 10 second/low 11 second class.

As for rules sucking... I wanted to race in a certain class in PSCA, but my car didn't fit in their rules. I had a solid roller cam, electric water pump, and tubular K-member... did I bitch and complain? No. If I wanted to race, I would have conformed to their rules.

It is just a very small contingent that is comlaining about these rules anyway.

yes, i will change my whole setup for your one race. [Roll Eyes] i am upset about this. we lost a grudge night to your event. the next grudge isn't until october 1st. i really don't care about your event, just wanted to race against some well matched up cars. running 7 second cars like mack and alston's doesn't sound well matched up to me. and maybe you should bitch to psca. thats how things get changed. noticed how there events are getting smaller instead of bigger? anyways i'm done dealing with you. i probably won't make it anyways.

[ September 07, 2005, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: kwikrob ]

--------------------

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
yes, i will change my whole setup for your one race. [Roll Eyes] i am upset about this. we lost a grudge night to your event. the next grudge isn't until october 1st. i really don't care about your event, just wanted to race against some well matched up cars. running 7 second cars like mack and alston's doesn't sound well matched up to me. and maybe you should bitch to psca. thats how things get changed. noticed how there events are getting smaller instead of bigger? anyways i'm done dealing with you. i probably won't make it anyways.

I'll just chalk you up to one of those people that just won't/can't be satisfied...nor happy for other people.

Thanks for looking though.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

quote:
quote:

I'll just chalk you up to one of those people that just won't/can't be satisfied...nor happy for other people.

that's funny. most people that know me say i'm really cool. i'll chalk you up to a dumb asshole with a slow pos car that has to hold an event to get people to notice him.

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

that's funny. most people that know me say i'm really cool. i'll chalk you up to a dumb asshole with a slow pos car that has to hold an event to get people to notice him.
Damn Rob Ive never seen you get heated.Yeah the class rules are WAY out of hand.Considering my Mustang with A REAL STOCK MOTOR with ALL FACTORY 85k mile FORD INTERNALS,Factory FORD Heads and Factory Ford Cam with "Bolt Ons" and then something like Kevins Nova would be pitted in the same class.Its alot like what your saying about having to run Outlaw.Oh well Ima go anyhow to get some tuning done on the stang and see what happens

[ September 08, 2005, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAssMaro ]

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
QUOTE]Damn Rob Ive never seen you get heated.Yeah the class rules are WAY out of hand.Considering my Mustang with A REAL STOCK MOTOR with ALL FACTORY 85k mile FORD INTERNALS,Factory FORD Heads and Factory Ford Cam with "Bolt Ons" and then something like Kevins Nova would be pitted in the same class.Its alot like what your saying about having to run Outlaw.Oh well Ima go anyhow to get some tuning done on the stang and see what happens

Well I guess he doesn't have much integrity...

[QUOTE=kwikrob] anyways i'm done dealing with you [/Quote] and then he came back...

How are the rules so out of hand? Many of the cars will be classified the DAY of when we see them, and see what they run. It is no easy feat to make all these various cars fit into the same classes. We started this event as a GM vs Ford EFI venue... and then it was voted on to allow carbed cars... How do you classify them to make everyone happy?

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Oh yeah, and I'm (alone I guess) putting this event on to get attention for myself or my slow car? I'm so trying to get attention I probably wont even end up racing as I will be working the event. And I sure as shit don't want any attention for a 12.1-12.3 second Z06 with a cam in it that didn't gain me shit for ET or MPH...

I'm just a giant fucking loser. Happy now?

BTW for the people who actually care. The car CLUB (yes a club not just a message board) Norcal LS1 is putting the event on. The members (~78 actual members) that pay dues and vote on things such as officers (since we are a Non Profit Organization), events, and who we donate money to (charities) have worked past events (drag race, Auto-X, etc) to earn the money to pay for this event. When something like the Tsunami or this Hurricane comes along, then we have money to donate... we also donate at other times of the year and collect toys for Toys for Tots, etc.

What a bunch of selfish assholes we are... [patriot]

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
QUOTE]Damn Rob Ive never seen you get heated.Yeah the class rules are WAY out of hand.Considering my Mustang with A REAL STOCK MOTOR with ALL FACTORY 85k mile FORD INTERNALS,Factory FORD Heads and Factory Ford Cam with "Bolt Ons" and then something like Kevins Nova would be pitted in the same class.Its alot like what your saying about having to run Outlaw.Oh well Ima go anyhow to get some tuning done on the stang and see what happens

[QUOTE=kwikrob] anyways i'm done dealing with you

and then he came back...

How are the rules so out of hand? Many of the cars will be classified the DAY of when we see them, and see what they run. It is no easy feat to make all these various cars fit into the same classes. We started this event as a GM vs Ford EFI venue... and then it was voted on to allow carbed cars... How do you classify them to make everyone happy?
[/QUOTE]

okay maybe out of hand is a little harsh.but when you take a car like Kevins Nova for instace that has NOT one stock part in on or near the motor except for the block istelf,and he fits the "STOCK MOTOR" and "STOCK MOTOR PLUS POWER ADDER" classes then you get a true STOCK Longblock Plus Power adder car and they are pitted in the same class its sorta pointless to enter.Maybe a few more classes at the next event wouldnt hurt.I vote for a DRAG RADAIL Class [Big Grin]

Now I see where Rob is coming from,His car is in a sense the same setup as my Camaro,Kevins Nova(im using Kevins car only as examples)and because he has a fiberglass front bumper that saves him maybe 13 lbs he cant run that Stroker/Power Adder class.And he is most likely 3400lbs plus,thinking that bumper wont make much difference.

But if your making decisions the day of the race maybe all of this could be cleared up

Oh well see ya Saturday [Whoo Whooooo!]

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
that's funny. most people that know me say i'm really cool.

They lied to you.

quote:
i'll chalk you up to a dumb asshole with a slow pos car that has to hold an event to get people to notice him.

Way to act like a 5th grader about it.

[ September 09, 2005, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Avengeance ]

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
quote:
quote:

[QUOTE=kwikrob] anyways i'm done dealing with you

and then he came back...

okay maybe out of hand is a little harsh.but when you take a car like Kevins Nova for instace that has NOT one stock part in on or near the motor except for the block istelf,and he fits the "STOCK MOTOR" and "STOCK MOTOR PLUS POWER ADDER" classes then you get a true STOCK Longblock Plus Power adder car and they are pitted in the same class its sorta pointless to enter.Maybe a few more classes at the next event wouldnt hurt.I vote for a DRAG RADAIL Class [Big Grin]

Now I see where Rob is coming from,His car is in a sense the same setup as my Camaro,Kevins Nova(im using Kevins car only as examples)and because he has a fiberglass front bumper that saves him maybe 13 lbs he cant run that Stroker/Power Adder class.And he is most likely 3400lbs plus,thinking that bumper wont make much difference.

But if your making decisions the day of the race maybe all of this could be cleared up

Oh well see ya Saturday [Whoo Whooooo!]
[/QUOTE]

ALL cars will be classifed the DAY of the event in the staging lines while tech is being done. I don't know or think that Kevin's car will be in Stock Motor + Power adder. He will get bumped most likly... if this is Lil Grey, when I saw the car it was pretty gutted.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
quote:
that's funny. most people that know me say i'm really cool.

They lied to you.
Your girl said i was REALLY cool! [Razz]
quote:
i'll chalk you up to a dumb asshole with a slow pos car that has to hold an event to get people to notice him.

Way to act like a 5th grader about it.

oh no. being ganged up on by camaro guys! here's a suggestion. the way you have it set up isn't that bad. but considering that all cars don't weigh the same to begin with, why penalize someone that saves less than 20 lbs off there car? maybe restrictions on tire sizes? any tire size you want but no fiberglass? sounds kind of backwards. no my car isn't 100% streetable. used to be, but that got boring and i have 3 other bone stock cars to drive where i want to go.

I wasn't trying to be a dick but your posts became ruder and ruder and i got a little pissed. if i do show up tomorrow night, and it would ONLY be to spectate i will look you up. the reason i pumped you for info right now was so i didn't spend 3 dollars a gallon in gas just to be told to run outlaw. am i upset? sure. its been over a month since i've raced and now i have to wait another 3 weeks for grudge night. and i was done with you but when you come back insulting me i'm not going to sit back and take it.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to see the FORD's OWN! [patriot]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com