Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » first time out

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: first time out
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with in the next 2 weeks im going to strip for the first time. any pointers for my first time? anything i should take out? tire psi? thanks!

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always bring a few wrenches, water, towels, tire pressure gauge, helmet, money, and a tq wrench if you got one or something to check your lug nuts w/ before ya run.

I think that's about all i bring.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

[burnout]

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bring lots of $1 bills [Cool]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bring a tire pressure guage,white shoe polish to dial in if You are goin to be dialing in, and borrow or bring a legal helmut with ya If theres a chance for you to get in the 13s. Dont forget to bring long pants,shoes,and at least a short sleeve shirt no tank tops,also make sure your seatbelt works,you will need a catch can or radiater overflow and at least one working tail light. Good luck [patriot] post your times when you get back!!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know this may sound kinda lame but some people can't pass tech for something as simple as a battery hold down [Roll Eyes]

Just depends on where you go.

Tools and helmet may not be 100% necessary but always good idea to be ready for anything.

[patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
I know this may sound kinda lame but some people can't pass tech for something as simple as a battery hold down [Roll Eyes]

Tools and helmet may not be 100% necessary but always good idea to be ready for anything.

[patriot]

where can i get a battery hold down? BTW were you on
880 south around 930am yesterday?

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your factory one should do. I broke mine on my old fox but sac let me run anyways.
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac can be really relaxed on their rules if you race on Weds night, Test N Tune and the grudge nights. I have seen guys in shorts and even no helmets runnin 12s. They tighten up on the Sunday events, they got me for outdated harnesses on my 66 mustang. Good luck

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have an 04GT with bolt-ons you don't have to worry about tech. Bring a helmut long pants and shoes. If your going to run on street tires set the rears to 24lbs, do not go in the water, only do a quick spin of the tires to clean any crap off of them, try launching at 1k rpms ride the clutch out and feed the gas in fast but not to fast adjust your launch rpm and the speed of the gas pedal depending on whether or not your spinnng or bogging, a little spin is ok its much better then bogging. Don't lift the gas much when you shift and work like hell on the 2-3 shift. You will know when your shifting is good the nose of the car will not fall. Also have someone watching you they can give you advice on what they see from your run to help you adjust. And the most important thing to remember is if you start going sideways lift off of the gas. An aborted run is much better then kissing the wall, there will always be another pass. Good luck and have fun.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by LuvMy04GT:
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:

[patriot]

where can i get a battery hold down? BTW were you on
880 south around 930am yesterday?

Ya if you're headed to Sac tech shouldn't be too much of a prob [Wink]

....and depending on what exact time it was i'm on/off 880 N/S around my lunch time taking a quick blast down the freeway home [Big Grin]

With all the good advice already given try to remember to stay calm in the car cuz your adrenaline will sure be flowin......... [dance]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont get down on yourself if it doesnt put the #s your lookin for up on the 1st or 2nd pass it may take some practice to launch on those street tires. [Wink] Most important thing to remember is dont let any rice take you out J/K. [Whoo Whooooo!] [burnout]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Leave when you see the last amber light up [burnout]

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com