Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac Raceway was garbage last night

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sac Raceway was garbage last night
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to TNT last night and I wish I didn't. The track was pure garbage. They didn't prep it at all. Not only that...a 1967 Camaro barrel rolled on the wall and was shot over the wall. The first time out in my car four weeks ago, the car went bullet straight for four consistent 9.50/9.60 passes with 1.36-1.39 sixty foots.

This time out, a total of six passes, and I had to abort every single pass before half track. My sixt foots were in the 1.4s all night and the ass end was getting loose all over the place. On my second to last pass the ass end kicked out hard to the left on my first to second shift. I aborted the pass. Out of pure anger, on my next pass, I decided to drive out of the ass end kick out to see if I could straighten it out. I went a lil longer into it and it whipped the ass end around the other way so I had to abort the pass.

I'm a big fan of Sac Raceway, however this was the worst prep (or lack thereof) that I have ever seen. Only two fast cars were able to get down the track the whole night, both big tire cars. Other than that, a handful of 13 seconds cars had no issues.

Ok, enough ranting...

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just curious, you hopin for some mid 1.20's on the jug?? Any particular number your shootin for?

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
just curious, you hopin for some mid 1.20's on the jug?? Any particular number your shootin for?

Well, I am hoping for 1.29 on the jug. Anything faster is gravy. Realistically I think it will pull 1.30-1.31 consistenty and occasionally dip into the 1.2 range. I am debating on trying to fit a 30" tire on the car to help me out when I put the jug on it. The ultimate goal is to run 8.50s all day long on the jug. Knowing me though...I will put this feather on kill and throw a 400 shot on it and hold the hell on [patriot]

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats fuckin sweet! 8's all day in that light ass thing! good luck 1.20s are sick!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

83stroker
¯
Member # 4714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 83stroker  Ford pictures for 83stroker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great running car.sounds like if the track cooperated who knows how fast you could have ran.
I don't understand how Sac Raceway doesn't just
call a time out and add some VHT on the track
especially when the fast cars come out on TNT
days.I've seen them do it before when enough
people were getting sideways down the track.
I'm glad to see you were able to keep your car
from hitting the rail.

BlownNOSMustang
¯
Member # 158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlownNOSMustang  Ford pictures for BlownNOSMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some friends and I went to Sac a while ago. The track sucked. When oil was on the track they moped it with water. Then let the cars go again. Even mid track I was getting loose.

--------------------
1993 Hatch,363 CI,670 RWHP

Posts: 238 | From: Cow Town,USA. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive been steadily getting fed up with Sac Raceway.. 90% of the time I honestly dont think they give a rats ass about anything.

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Last night the track was good and sticky [Big Grin] .I think the reason it sucked Friday night was because of the weather that had led up to that night and what was in the forecast for that night.They most likely wern't going to spray a shitload of VHT in the event the weather didnt hold.The forecast was for rain Friday although it didnt happen thats most likely why they didnt prep it as good as they could have.

But hey at least we have a track if they wern't around we would be FUKKED

[ May 08, 2005, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAssMaro ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac Raceway has done nothing but f'ing piss me off with our last two trips out there. Their personnel are f'ing idiots AND they like to take your money but do nothing in reality to prep the track or have someone in the staging area that actually isn't in a goddamned f'ing coma!!

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
Sac Raceway has done nothing but f'ing piss me off with our last two trips out there. Their personnel are f'ing idiots AND they like to take your money but do nothing in reality to prep the track or have someone in the staging area that actually isn't in a goddamned f'ing coma!!

I'll have to agree with you on the personnel thing. I don't care for atleast 50% of them there. Jeff is about the coolest guy there. but there are a lot of idiots that pull the lanes.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i call [BS flag] on the jeff comments

[Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
i call [BS flag] on the jeff comments

[Wink] [Razz]

yeah me too [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:

I'm with you on that one budddy!

[patriot]

Soon we won't have anything to bitch about when it's closed [Roll Eyes] [Frown]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

[patriot]

End of this year right?

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:

[patriot]

End of this year right?
[Confused]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not if i can help it. i honestly think we will have a few more good years. we are totally complying to the noise restrictions and untill developers make an offer dave sr. REALLY can't refuse it will stay open. you got to think about this also, dave has owned the track for around 30 years AND he has a nostalgia top fueler...so he has reasons to keep the track going.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
not if i can help it. i honestly think we will have a few more good years. we are totally complying to the noise restrictions and untill developers make an offer dave sr. REALLY can't refuse it will stay open. you got to think about this also, dave has owned the track for around 30 years AND he has a nostalgia top fueler...so he has reasons to keep the track going.

[patriot]

HELL YA!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com