Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » CMI Sport Compact Drags this Sat at Sac

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CMI Sport Compact Drags this Sat at Sac
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is this event, what cars can race in it and how much will it cost to race? I thought Saturdays were supposed to be TNT?

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when? they jus had one?..its mostly imports if i remember...

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
What is this event, what cars can race in it and how much will it cost to race? I thought Saturdays were supposed to be TNT?

You're a few days late...that was last weekend. Last weekend and this weekend are events so TNT is on Friday for last week and this week. It goes back to Saturday TNT for the rest of April then on to Friday TNT in May.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually, they didn't race last weekend due to the weather, (at least this is what I was told). The "spring Jam" CMI event has now been pushed back to the 24th.

But to answer the original question, there will be 99% rice at these events. So if you go, bring ear plugs...lol There is a RWD class that we can race in, but the track will be crap from all the wing dingers. I believe it is $40 to race. Personally, I'd just go to a normal TNT.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Actually, they didn't race last weekend due to the weather, (at least this is what I was told). The "spring Jam" CMI event has now been pushed back to the 24th.

But to answer the original question, there will be 99% rice at these events. So if you go, bring ear plugs...lol There is a RWD class that we can race in, but the track will be crap from all the wing dingers. I believe it is $40 to race. Personally, I'd just go to a normal TNT.

[worship]

Ya i was thinking on running one of the CMI events since my DSM buddies want to head up but i was thinking the same thing about track prep [Roll Eyes] which really doesn't concern them too much.

Plus i'm sure there will be tons of cars so who knows how long we'll be sitting in the staging lanes listening to bbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzz lol

Friday TNT's [dance]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cmi= california modified imports. i think it'd be funny to bring my stock fwd caddy out and whoop on most of them [Big Grin]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would be interested in seeing what your Northstar Deville runs and sounds like with the cutout. I had a 2004 for about a week (rental) and it seemed a lot slower than any stock Mark VIII I have driven, probably because of the weight and fwd.

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my dts has 25 more hp than the 2 lower models, it should do low/mid 15's. yours is definitely faster. i'll have to bring it out on a weds night when i have time

edit: it sounds just like my friends tahoe with a magnaflow, lol

[ April 08, 2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: HungryHippo ]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com