Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » anyone going to infineon 3/5? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: anyone going to infineon 3/5?
Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
It was nice meeting you two today,hopfully I will see you guys out there next week [patriot]

Well I hit my mark tonite on my third/last run,made me break out but it was worth it [Big Grin]

2.0 60ft 8.7 1/8@80.7mph 13.5 1/4@102.7

Pretty close to my estimate huh? [Razz]

I need to power shift now and hit LS1 territory [Wink]

Nice meeting you too. Congrats on your times! Nice driving also. You really have to know what you're doing to get 2.0 or lower with street tires.

I'm very impressed with the '05 Mustangs. I wish I could buy one and still keep the Mach1.

I hope to see ya out there next week. Maybe you'll have some Nitto 555R's on it!!

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang Love:
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
It was nice meeting you two today,hopfully I will see you guys out there next week [patriot]

Well I hit my mark tonite on my third/last run,made me break out but it was worth it [Big Grin]

2.0 60ft 8.7 1/8@80.7mph 13.5 1/4@102.7

Pretty close to my estimate huh? [Razz]

I need to power shift now and hit LS1 territory [Wink]

Nice meeting you too. Congrats on your times! Nice driving also. You really have to know what you're doing to get 2.0 or lower with street tires.

I'm very impressed with the '05 Mustangs. I wish I could buy one and still keep the Mach1.

I hope to see ya out there next week. Maybe you'll have some Nitto 555R's on it!!

Man I wish I had the money for tires right now,I could hit 12's posibly. Maybe I will get a K&N filter by next week and see what that does. Machs are sweet [worship] its a tuff choice.Your paint is my favorite color from ford of all time [worship] Did you end up liking the 4.30's?

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tonight was coo there was alot of cars. ran a 14.002 @ 102.7 60ft of 2.1. man do i need some with grip. couldnt run the n20 with no blowdown maybe nextweek.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Motorhead. I didn't think that you were going to be able to do it on those tires. I am pissed because I was going to film you on that run and I started talking to someone and missed the whole thing.

I didn't run quite as quick as I had hoped. My best ended up being in the 1st round when it cooled down. I ran an 11.75 @ 116.5mph with a 1.65 60ft. If it is cooler next week I hope for an 11.65 @ 117.5mph in the street class. It sucked having to race in Comp Rod. I broke out in the first round with an 11.80 dial in. The guy I ran against had a .020 light and ran a 12.58 on a 12.54 dial, which is pretty tough to beat.

See you next week.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats again on the 13.5 [Whoo Whooooo!]

I haven't been out to Infineon in a while to run....but if i remember correct the run you in comp rod if you're on slicks right?

What about if you're running DR's.....what class do they put you in then?

Thanks

Gotta get out there again...i kinda miss it and it's closer than Sac [burnout]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you run faster than 12.00 then you have to run Comp Rod! [BS flag] 95% of the cars in that class are all trailered cars that is just setup for drag. I will probally be running in that class in a few weeks with drag radials. There is a 22 year old girl running a silver 65 coupe that runs 10.9's @ 119.

[ March 10, 2005, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that she is only 20, and you forgot to mention that she is a 100lb hottie that pulls the wheels off the ground when she launches. She used to run 12.80's in the high school class a couple of years ago when that car had a 4 speed and a different motor.

You have to run Comp Rod if you have electronics or slicks, or run under 12.0 as of yesterday. I talked to the drag race manager and another official and I think that I have got them talked into changing the Street Class time limit to 11.50 starting next week. I was running ET Streets which are allowed in the street class. I am going to run 11's in the street class again next week, so we shall see what they say.

Tony, is your 92 going to be out there next week?

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm shooting to get there in 2weeks. I got to go through all the bugs. [Wink] Is that for sure about the street class changing from 12.0 to 11.5?

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Georgia said that she would change it for next week, but she also said that she was going to call some other tracks. I was trying to get other 11 second guys to go talk to her in the tower, but I don't think anyone else went up there. I will find out next week.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
QUOTE]Man I wish I had the money for tires right now,I could hit 12's posibly. Maybe I will get a K&N filter by next week and see what that does. Machs are sweet [worship] its a tuff choice.Your paint is my favorite color from ford of all time [worship] Did you end up liking the 4.30's? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm liking the 4:30's now and I especially like the ET Streets. I was consistant with high 1.8's and now it's consistantly getting low 1.7's. If I didn't shut down to prevent a break out, I would have run a 12.75 or better. That's more than a tenth quicker than my best with the 3:55's. I'm sure there is room for another tenth off of that once I get use to the car again.

You need to get a new shifter (one that isn't mounted to the body), 4:30's and ET Streets. If you get that you'll be running right with me!

-Ron

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com