Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » It's Thurs.....who's going to SAC this weekend

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Thurs.....who's going to SAC this weekend
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Count me in....w/ Drag Radials this time [dance]

Anyone else?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you need a hood to run at that track?

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by White88:
Do you need a hood to run at that track?

Nope.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it's got a carb and no hood you have to have an air filter or velocity stack. if it's efi make sure you have a filter

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gotta work, and can't race even if I wasn't (says Dave Sr. [Wink] )

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to work and I havent meet up with Jeff S yet [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

that wasnt dave sr. that told you... it was just lenord a tech inspector
unless jr. said something to you also

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
quote:

that wasnt dave sr. that told you... it was just lenord a tech inspector
unless jr. said something to you also

Gooooood. [Razz]

All Dave Jr. did when he talked to me was ask if the car was ok, (after the 2 step got jamed up), and then said "ok cool" when I told him I was still good to go...haha [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:

Anyone else?

Watch out for wheel hop [Wink]

--------------------
AED

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
...and broken half-shafts! [Frown]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the warning!

But i have not really had too much hop w/ the F1's so i'm hoping the extra grip from the DR's will prevent [burnout] even more.

I just hope that i don't get a ton of grip and then violent wheel hop instantaneously....or else by-by half-shafts [Frown]

But i feel very confident that with the launch technique i use they should stick well....but they are used and i'm just gauging them to see what tire to run next:

ET street vs. MT street radial [Confused]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Anyone else?

Back when I used to race on street radials and McCrearys G60's, it was nothing but smooth launches.

As soon as I mounted the Nitto DR's on, wheel hop city. The 1st time I went to the track on drag radials, the wheel hop was so bad that it broke my passenger side tailpipe mount right off the tailpipe.

The wheelhop with the nittos never was so bad on the street, but at the track with VHT it hopped like a sonuvabitch.

I've never had wheelhop with any other tires.
Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
quote:

Anyone else?

Back when I used to race on street radials and McCrearys G60's, it was nothing but smooth launches.

As soon as I mounted the Nitto DR's on, wheel hop city. The 1st time I went to the track on drag radials, the wheel hop was so bad that it broke my passenger side tailpipe mount right off the tailpipe.

The wheelhop with the nittos never was so bad on the street, but at the track with VHT it hopped like a sonuvabitch.

Luke

What car was this in and what style of launch did you use? (rpm,slip,dump)

You guys have me a bit worried but i can't believe that the DR's would hop more than these F1's [Confused]

Besides i see other fellow 03/04 owners running DR's and getting very successful times (1.7-1.9's)
and they have more mods than I = 40-75 rwhp

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

50nuts
¯
Member # 5254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50nuts  Ford pictures for 50nuts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When do the gates open?

--------------------
00 Dodge Durango

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
quote:

Anyone else?

Luke

What car was this in and what style of launch did you use? (rpm,slip,dump)

You guys have me a bit worried but i can't believe that the DR's would hop more than these F1's [Confused]

Besides i see other fellow 03/04 owners running DR's and getting very successful times (1.7-1.9's)
and they have more mods than I = 40-75 rwhp

87GT with BBK upper and lower control arms...
The launch technique I used was sidestep the clutch at 2500 or so. It actually didn't matter how I launched. If the tires spun at all, it hopped.

I used nittos on my current 93 coupe (100% stock suspension), and it would hop from time to time depending on the road surface, but wasn't as bad. I never did take it to the track though. I've since given up on nittos and now use normal radials for the street, and will be on full MT 26x8.5-15 slicks the next time I go to SAC

Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com