Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » sound restrictions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sound restrictions
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are there any sort of sound restrictions at sac raceway on wed nights? i know i cant run my slicks but what about noise? i recently changed exhaust and the car is loud to put it mildly.
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You going tomorrow?

I wanted to go but with 90 ish weather and 18's with a blower this stupid car aint gonna stick to the track.

[ July 13, 2004, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya rhett we do, it's 90db's @ 50'. just bring it out and make a run. i can't imaging it being too loud if it has mufflers on it.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya im thinking about heading up tommorrow night for some fun runs. i have this new exhaust thats loud as hell and id only be on street tires but i gotta get my fix you know. ill most likely be there for some easy runs.
jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcm3man  Ford pictures for jcm3man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rhett, Let me know how the car runs!

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com
Diablosport, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, etc.

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Well i made it out there tonight and the track officals didnt seem to concernd. Had fun even though Don from manteca sent me home in the third rnd. Im quite happy with the car overall at this point though it still needs some tuning. went 12.40s all runs but the last one when i missed third. Only shift i missed all night and thats good for me [Razz] mph was between 116 and 118. So basically i miss my slicks and think this drag racing thing on drag radials street tires is a hell of a comprimise.
kennedy428
¯
Member # 4713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennedy428  Ford pictures for kennedy428    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes sac race way has rules aginst plying stereos too loud in the parking lot and aginst cars that are to loud! j/k hell no why do you think its in the boonies, its so you can have cars as loud as you want!
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kennedy428:
yes sac race way has rules aginst plying stereos too loud in the parking lot and aginst cars that are to loud! j/k hell no why do you think its in the boonies, its so you can have cars as loud as you want!

As you can see "Eljefe" Already supllied the Correct information, since he his the guy that puts you on the board down at Sac Raceway.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's not "out in the boonies" anymore, we have a group of homes 1/2mile away. and it's growing, there will be more homes out that way in the near future, we're trying to cut the noise before we start getting complains. we're trying to keep it open as long as possible!!

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
5litereater
¯
Member # 4427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5litereater  Ford pictures for 5litereater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well isnt that great. soon they will have to cut it off at 10 and require all cars to have mufflers regardless of class just like sears point. this is the effect of overpopulation. people need to stop f$@king without condoms

--------------------
85 LX 5.0 vert with a new credit card and huge plans.
no matter how bad your mustang is, it will not hang with a 5.7 3rd gen f body

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5litereater:
well isnt that great. soon they will have to cut it off at 10 and require all cars to have mufflers regardless of class just like sears point. this is the effect of overpopulation. people need to stop f$@king without condoms

They already stop at 10 if I'm not mistaken and on a Wednesday night you are suppose to be street legal. SO that means, yes you do have to have a Muffler. I do agree with you about the overpopulation. A few of us have been going to that track for many years now and the house are gona get too close and they are gona do nothing but complain like they were there first or something. It's like "HELLO" you moved next to a race track not next to a cemetery, of course it's gona be loud!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com