Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » The Cobra made it's first runs~

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: The Cobra made it's first runs~
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Last night @ Sac- 12.3@119.7...1.97 60ft. On ET Streets, still sliding in 1st and 2nd. My driving sucks (haven't driven in over 3 years) and track prep was non-existent. I felt like putting a call out over the loud speaker for Drew. [Big Grin] I guess I need to do ALOT of practicing! [burnout]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sick... [Whoo Whooooo!] how many pounds?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A shade over 10...almost 11. Puts 440+ to the rear wheels. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice with better driving I am sure it can go a lot faster in the mph and time

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Last night @ Sac- 12.3@119.7...1.97 60ft. On ET Streets, still sliding in 1st and 2nd. My driving sucks (haven't driven in over 3 years) and track prep was non-existent. I felt like putting a call out over the loud speaker for Drew. [Big Grin] I guess I need to do ALOT of practicing! [burnout]

Its allways fun to get out on the track after you've been away for a while. With some more practice and a better 60ft You should go deep into the 11s. What PSI did you run the et streets at?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I started at 20 psi, worked down to 12. Seems to hook the best at 14-15 psi. I think I'll stick with 15...I didn't like the feeling at the top end with 12. [Eek!]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
I started at 20 psi, worked down to 12. Seems to hook the best at 14-15 psi. I think I'll stick with 15...I didn't like the feeling at the top end with 12. [Eek!]

LOL I went down one time and about 2/3 of the way down the car was all over scared the crap out of me turns out I had 12.5 in one tire and 10 in the other made for a crazy ride but you get used to it. 12.5-13psi works good for my car. When I get my car done we will have to go get Jim and go out and run some cars.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

UPDATE! Went out for Grudge night...13 runs! How's a new time of 11.7@117!!!! [Big Grin] The best part? The car is full street trim...I even ran the AC all the way to the track.

A big thanks goes out to Fasterdammit (Jim) and Wes for their help tonight. Couldn't have done it without you guys! [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that is awsome! thats what the second time your out to the track with that car [Eek!] I cant wait to see what its going to do in a few months [patriot]

was there a drop in mph or is it pretty consistent.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good job glad to hear u finally got it out there!a big [Whoo Whooooo!] for john B
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com