Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 331 Dyno Results

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 331 Dyno Results
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got my 331 (carbed) dynoed to get a baseline before the S-Trim goes on.

Picked up 10 HP due to very rich A/F ratio

Best run to date before dyno is: 1.54/11.69@119

-

67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here some movies:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/movies/

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice numbers! What's the combo?

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Pretty basic -

Scat 331 kit (JE forged pistons)
Stock '90 block
World Jr Alum, TEA ported
Victor Jr. intake
750cfm Carb
Crane cam to my specs (226/230 .552/.562 lift)

10.5:1

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much boost and what octane gas do you plan to run?

--------------------

67stang
¯
Member # 549

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
How much boost and what octane gas do you plan to run?

Stock S-strim pulley... so 7-8 psi I imagine.
Will have to be real conservative with fuel and timing due to the high compression. If I can get away with 91 for street use, that will be great... probably throw in some 110 for track use.

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look into getting a snow boost cooler. With the 50/50 methonal water mix you can run it as hard as you want on pump gass with no det. worries. especialy with your compression. I have one on my 91 and love it. I run 25 degrees total timming. Your car is going to run very hard once you get it dailed in.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

67stang
¯
Member # 549

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
look into getting a snow boost cooler. With the 50/50 methonal water mix you can run it as hard as you want on pump gass with no det. worries. especialy with your compression. I have one on my 91 and love it. I run 25 degrees total timming. Your car is going to run very hard once you get it dailed in.

yup, i am working on a methanol injection system!
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice #s.

If I was staying N/A I would have to look into my combo a lil better since I am about 10rwhp and about 30rwtq lower than you with a similar sized motor (judging by trap speed I'm about 320-330rwhp). Now i am jeleous hehehe

I am also doing Meth injection for my turbo setup. I don't understand why more people dont do it. Ohh well, let them stay slow while we go fast [Wink]

[ May 10, 2004, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: F8LPONY ]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang:
Got my 331 (carbed) dynoed to get a baseline before the S-Trim goes on.

Picked up 10 HP due to very rich A/F ratio

Best run to date before dyno is: 1.54/11.69@119

-

i have a simular set up as you with a 331 n/a and and sat i was running 12.1 at 116 i wonder if my hp and torque is close to you and if i will be able to get it in the 11's.great numbers
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

this might be a dumb question, but how do you determing total timing? If my base timing was at 8*, what would be total timing. Also where can i get that snow boost controler, because it is hot as hell over here.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
quote:

this might be a dumb question, but how do you determing total timing? If my base timing was at 8*, what would be total timing. Also where can i get that snow boost controler, because it is hot as hell over here.
Depending on which computer you have the factory cpu adds ~16* of timing at WOT, which would give you about 24* total. If you have a chip then the only way to know is to ask your tuner.

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well,
He has a '67 w/ mechanical advance distributer. MSD, I think. So it is prety easy to see how much timing and how fast it comes in.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Well,
He has a '67 w/ mechanical advance distributer. MSD, I think. So it is prety easy to see how much timing and how fast it comes in.

I have a 95Gt with a stock computer. Now if I bump it up to 10*, will that be too much? The tuner is a little hard to get a hold of now adays. So I am trying to get help from other experienced guys.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

quote:
quote:
Well,

I have a 95Gt with a stock computer. Now if I bump it up to 10*, will that be too much? The tuner is a little hard to get a hold of now adays. So I am trying to get help from other experienced guys.
When Byron did your chip was your timing at 8* and did he know that it was at 8*?

You don't need to add any timing to your car that is not the problem with it...unless your balancer is WAY off.

--------------------

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
quote:
quote:
Well,

When Byron did your chip was your timing at 8* and did he know that it was at 8*?

You don't need to add any timing to your car that is not the problem with it...unless your balancer is WAY off.

he was the one who set it at 8*.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com