Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 12.1 next time 11s???? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 12.1 next time 11s????
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the Ford lovers event was great, I had lots of fun. I ran a new best of 12.1 @111.7 with a 1.65 60'. At this rate next time out I will be in the 11s. [dance] I need to ad some mods, so I can get some more power first(I want 113mph). But I hope I can get it to 11.99 before the Ford vs. Chevy event.
I have to say there is nothing like watching some good old FE powered Fords out there tearing it up. [patriot]
My wife went 13.3 in the Lightning and my freind Ed went 13.6 for his new record time too.
All in all it was a great day.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice times, whats done to the lightning?
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C&L meter-filter superchip combo. 2lbs pulley
Plus the wife mod of 100lbs less then me [Razz]
She will do beter next time with some more practice.
Street tires and 450+ torque is tuff. [burnout]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet! Grats!

Maybe I can pair up against your wife in the next month or 2 with my truck and it's power adder [patriot]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
were you running the red cobra with the powerdine?
I was running the blue LX with the vortech. I love the old FE drag cars. I need to fix mine. It is a far better bracket car then my 91 5 speed car.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

No I had the blue with silver stripes T-top 5.0.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eddiej50  Ford pictures for eddiej50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey don it looks like your wife has a fan club .check out the post click here too funny .Made me laugh .But yea back on topic my 13.6 was way better than I had hoped for and the rate you are going the 5.0 will be in the 11's easy . [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
You might be bigger than me ,but I aint afraid to run from you .

99 Gt

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSHTROD  Ford pictures for JSHTROD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don:
Well the Ford lovers event was great, I had lots of fun. I ran a new best of 12.1 @111.7 with a 1.65 60'. At this rate next time out I will be in the 11s. [dance] I need to ad some mods, so I can get some more power first(I want 113mph). But I hope I can get it to 11.99 before the Ford vs. Chevy event.
I have to say there is nothing like watching some good old FE powered Fords out there tearing it up. [patriot]
My wife went 13.3 in the Lightning and my freind Ed went 13.6 for his new record time too.
All in all it was a great day.

Great times Don! Love that 60'! Knockin on the door of the 11s for sure!

--------------------
03 Silver Cobra: UPR CAI, Full Bassani Exhaust

Posts: 137 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSHTROD  Ford pictures for JSHTROD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eddiej50:
hey don it looks like your wife has a fan club .check out the post click here too funny .Made me laugh .But yea back on topic my 13.6 was way better than I had hoped for and the rate you are going the 5.0 will be in the 11's easy . [Whoo Whooooo!]

Sweet time for you too, bro!

Did you run at all on the juice?

BTW... That new OS rocks!!!

--------------------

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
C&L meter-filter superchip combo. 2lbs pulley
Plus the wife mod of 100lbs less then me [Razz]
She will do beter next time with some more practice.
Street tires and 450+ torque is tuff. [burnout]

The 13.3 was on STREET TIRES!?! Put some slicks on that mutha!!!

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I ran a new best of 12.1 @111.7 with a 1.65 60'. At this rate next time out I will be in the 11s.
That's awesome...hopefully I can match that someday.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

To bad you couldn't make it Jason I would have loved to run ya. [Big Grin] Maybe we will get a street match before you move. [Cool]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
To bad you couldn't make it Jason I would have loved to run ya. [Big Grin] Maybe we will get a street match before you move. [Cool]

On street tires? ANYDAY! [Wink]

Or maybe me on street tires, you on slicks, after my chip/pulley?

From the day I saw the heads, I knew you were gunnin for me. LOL! Has reconing day come already?

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Slicks = bolt-on. [Cool]
Not my fault your not willing to bolt them on your car. [burnout]
I figured that when it came time you would start with some lame but..but...but, you have slicks... [Roll Eyes]
Let me know when your wife gives you permission [Eek!] , and maybe I will give you a street tire match. [Confused]
But I would count on me have a lot more mph(120) if we do that race. Hmmmmmmm N2O
If you want to stack the deck in your favor you can bet I will do the same for myself.

Let the shit talking begin.......

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

BTW reckoning day is here. [Razz]
God has spoken. [Big Grin]

And I will be bringing a few of my angels.
Ed 125 on slicks
Raul 150 on slicks
Me ?????? on slicks
Perry 100 on drag radials.(he has some new stuff)
And Justin; what are you serious!. LOOK OUT WIFE
You better sleep with one eye open. God is her to kill the snakes once and for all.......... [worship]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

quote:
Slicks = bolt-on. [Cool]
Not my fault your not willing to bolt them on your car. [burnout]
I figured that when it came time you would start with some lame but..but...but, you have slicks... [Roll Eyes]
Let me know when your wife gives you permission [Eek!] , and maybe I will give you a street tire match. [Confused]
But I would count on me have a lot more mph(120) if we do that race. Hmmmmmmm N2O
If you want to stack the deck in your favor you can bet I will do the same for myself.

Let the shit talking begin.......

Sounds like you're afraid to run in street trim? My mustang is just my daily driver. Not weekend project. It wasn't long ago that the blue 5.0 had weeds growing thru it.

[Embarrassed]

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Not sure who you have been talking to, but the blue 5.0 has been getting me back and forth to work everyday for the last few weeks. [Smile] BTW if your car is just a street car, why must you move to make up for the drive. [Roll Eyes] If it's a street car drive it. [Razz] Your excuses are getting weaker buy the minute. [Mad] Come on Jay use all the big bad Cobra power to smash my all out race car. [Roll Eyes] It only dynoed 307hp why with your 400+hp you ought to be able to kill me..... [BS flag] So now I have to buy special tires to make-up for your traction problem, next you will want me to add 600lbs because your car is to heavy...... [Wink] Give me your rules and then I will run you with them, and add some bottle to make up for the them..... [dance]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL this is good, I run on street tires in my 91(daily driver) can I play to?

[ May 10, 2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

We are just having fun with each other, there is always lots of rivalry between friends. [Wink] We invite anyone who would like to come out. [Smile]
The last time we put together an organized street event there was about 30 cars and lots of good races. I would like our next street event to be a cross town rivalry. My town against your town kinda set-up. There is a lot of us here in Manteca who are gunning for each other, but it would be nice to get all of us together and call out another group of guys. So the answer is yes if you and some friends would like to play, shoot me a PM and I can set it up. Trust me I set up good street events. BBQ to start and lots of good shit talking before everyone goes out to prove their points.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

That sounds like fun. Redding is a long way form manteca. Do you do this at the track or on the street? I saw your car and your lightning at the track but you never know who is a Ca ford person until you start talking to them. I had the blue LX with a bra and welds. Next time I am at sac I will stop buy and say high. After all FE people are few and far between.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

You got that right FE power [worship] . We race on the street. But I would love to rent the track. I wonder how much it is?

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Perry
¯
Member # 1846

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perry  Ford pictures for Perry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Don, would you like to borrow my street tires to race Jason?? I will warn you now they are getting just a lil bit bald but boy do they hook!!!LOL

Jason, I know you aint moving away real soon, are you? Steve wants a rematch before you go!! You know the classic Ford VS Chevy one!!LOL LOL

Don, when you do this PM me, I got a few more friends that would like to play!!

Later,

Perry

--------------------
2000 GT with a few mods!!

F ierce
O nery
R edneck
D river

Posts: 110 | From: Winnsboro, TX via Turlock Ca | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

I never forget about you Perry. If you guys in Modesto play this weekend LMK I want to street race the 5.0.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eddiej50  Ford pictures for eddiej50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn I am away from the board for a day and look what happens .Well I am up for some runs but I have my son this weekend so I will be out of the action this weekend .Oh and to answer your question Jay I didn't run on the bottle but I posted the 13.66 and backed it up with another run versus Justin with a 13.7 to his 13.9 on street tires .I wont talk to too much shit but I think the Silver bullet is about to knocked off of it's throne by the blue streak and maybe by the Fobra too ??????? [Eek!]

--------------------
You might be bigger than me ,but I aint afraid to run from you .

99 Gt

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm gunning for you all in my truck come june!! [patriot]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com