Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Ford Event Today (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ford Event Today
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great turnout! Had alot of fun until I got screwed on the first round of time trails. I'm doing my burnout and the person in the lane next goes and stages both lights. I go to stage and trip the first light and the person next to me goes and deep stages as he's doing that I'm tripping the second bulb and the starter started the tree as I'm staging and it red lighted me. He wouldn't let me go again and run the next person, that was a bunch of shit! So I end up making some passes in the fun lane. Ran 12.8s most of the day. The car was hooking hard all day. Last pass it's dead hooking every gear I get on the return road and I hear a noise didn't think to much about it, went to the pits and changed the tires(Thanks Drew). We go to leave and the car is clunking loud and feels like its dragging when it does it. Looks like I broke something in the right rear or in the diff [Eek!] So I ended up going home on a Trailer. BIG THANKS to Mike aka 2Stangs for putting my car on his trailer and taking it home for me, I owe you one.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Mark sorry to hear! glad you had fun though in the fun lane!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eddiej50  Ford pictures for eddiej50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear you had trouble .I didn't bracket race but I did run in the Fun lanes and managed a personal best of 13.647 at 101.358 in my 02 GT . [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
You might be bigger than me ,but I aint afraid to run from you .

99 Gt

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry man, I think I was the guy racing you (I was in a stock looking white coupe)I didn't think I was doing anything wrong but when I took off and you didn't go I knew something was up.
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Sorry man, I think I was the guy racing you (I was in a stock looking white coupe)I didn't think I was doing anything wrong but when I took off and you didn't go I knew something was up.

It's cool. It was the starter who messed up by starting the tree before I was fully staged. How many rounds did you go?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear about the breakage Mark. I saw the run between you and SF. I was trying to figure out what happened as I couldn't see the lights for crap where I was at.

Good to see you solidly in the 12s now though even with the temps being a lil high.

I got me a new best also but it's not that impressive. I'll wait till the turbo is on to brag Hahaha

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a blast at the all Fords race. I was able to lose my first race on my own with no help from the crew at the track LOL. But I did set some new best's 11.41 and 124 mph [Eek!] the 160,000 mile short block keeps rolling on(smokes a little on start up now)I just wish they would of let us race up to 5.00. I could smell a 11.30 Some day I will put drag slics on it to see what it will do.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hit 13.2 @ 107mph!

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What long day that was, got to the track at 9 a.m. and stayed thru the grudge match. But it was fun. I rolled out with sac 5.0 to snap some pics of his car and help him out since saturday was the first time he took a full pass since building his car, on his very first run (wednesday night)an upper control arm broke right off the line. Next race it will have skinnies and the front headlights on.
 -

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah first time i brought my car out and i got the mph i was some whast looking for on the nitto's (104.7) but my e.t wasnt there (13.43)
this was with the drew mod [Big Grin]
i have to work on my driving,but next time im gonna come out with some 15" welds and e.t streets
[Wink] .
i havent drag raced my car in over 2 years so im kinda rusty.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PURSPD2:
I hit 13.2 @ 107mph!

I saw your car run....
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i had a great time nice meeting you mike and the couple of others for the first time out with a full pass the best i had was 12.1 at 116 and alot of 12.2 and12.3 but im still not used the car yet and not power shifting with some more practice mid to low 11's then the nitrous
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac5.0 your car is really going to get with it once you get it all dailed in(it is running good now)BTW nice choice on the color [Wink] how did you do against some of the other 5.0's that showed up for the grudge races? Or did you dtart picking on the chevy guy's?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no i was running this guy who said he was all stock with his trailed 50 and he was running low to mid 12 then all of a sudden he was running 13 so i guess the bottle must of run out i knew i should have raced for the cash.there was a great turn out of fast ass cars at the grudge match
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

a friend of mine has that orange nova that runs 8's he was there

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
George?

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:
no i was running this guy who said he was all stock with his trailed 50 and he was running low to mid 12 then all of a sudden he was running 13 so i guess the bottle must of run out i knew i should have raced for the cash.there was a great turn out of fast ass cars at the grudge match

if your talking about the primer coupe it was on motor all night untill the last pass of the night...it was nice to meet you tho... [patriot]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:

if your talking about the primer coupe it was on motor all night untill the last pass of the night...it was nice to meet you tho... [patriot]
no there was another guy from up here in sac that said he was all stock trailed and it was good meeting you to make sure you get ahold of specialty for that cage
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good seeing some friends out there on the track seeing there cars go! It was good talking to you 2 stangs.

The only question I have is, who was the dude that was ripping the tires every were but where he was suppose to in the Black newer GT? Then he was gona take a gas can in his passenger seat down the track with him! not too bright But I guess he will learn.

Oh yeah that chick in the red Lighting was very cute as well!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Yes it was George's Nova. They were actualy talking about a guy in a white mid 60's nova wanting to run them for some cash. Sounds like everybody had a good time. Anybody take any pics or video's.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The chick in the L was my wife. [Big Grin] It was her first time to run the L sence it was stock. She alway gets looks, it not everyday you see a good looking girl in a high power truck. [Wink]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don:
The chick in the L was my wife. [Big Grin] It was her first time to run the L sence it was stock. She alway gets looks, it not everyday you see a good looking girl in a high power truck. [Wink]

AMEN

not hitting on her man, but you are more then right on that statement. It's hard to find a hot chick in a sweet ride! [worship]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don:

Yup, she's hot [Big Grin] [Wink]

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Maybe next time. [patriot]

BTW, still interested in that Prochamber?

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:

It's cool. It was the starter who messed up by starting the tree before I was fully staged. How many rounds did you go?
Cool, I only went two more rounds because I had to get back to the city. I got a total of 7 runs in and a new best of 13.69 @ 103.4.
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"BTW, still interested in that Prochamber?"

How much? I am going to be buying a new set of headers soon so I will also need a X, H or chamber. LMK

"not hitting on her man, but you are more then right on that statement. It's hard to find a hot chick in a sweet ride!"

It ok, if I were to get upset everytime someone hit on my wife I would be the madest person in the world. [Cool]
The price you pay when you marry a HOT CHICK! [Mad]

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com