Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TnT 3/13 Sac. Sucked for street cars. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: TnT 3/13 Sac. Sucked for street cars.
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has anybody asked Dave Jr. what their rational is for this and what is considered a "race" car vs a "street" car? I'm kind of on the fence on this one because I sure understand that everybody's $45 dollar entry fee is $45 and it should be worth the same. On the other hand I have seen at Infinion where the American street car guys were complaining like hell about so many imports and the fact that they got so few runs and it took so long between runs because of them. Maybe the situation at Sac is similar. There are times when there are only 5-6 cars in my lane and a hundred cars in the street car lanes. I would hate to have to wait for most of those street cars to run off before they moved down to my lane and I got a chance to run. Maybe what they need to do instead of separating "street" cars from "race" cars is to make the separation based on ET. Like 12 seconds and under is considered a "race" car. Anyway, just a thought.

[ March 15, 2004, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: John91coupe ]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually do agree with everyone getting the same amount of runs. It's just that many of you run, get right back in line and run again. What's the point of that? Let your car cool down, maybe tune it, and then do it again. And I think that a normal radial tire should be banned as they tear up all of the rubber we work hard to put down. For the record, I have never oiled down the track. I broke on the starting line, pushed it back, and let someone else go. Maybe there are more street cars that provide more money, but who do people pay to see? Not you.....

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kwikrob:
I actually do agree with everyone getting the same amount of runs. It's just that many of you run, get right back in line and run again. What's the point of that?

So we can at least get some runs in since we have to wait. Hour there, hour in the pits, same thing.

quote:
Maybe there are more street cars that provide more money, but who do people pay to see? Not you.....
TnT is not a spectator event. The stands are pretty empty regardless of how many sub 9 seconds cars show up.
kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:
I actually do agree with everyone getting the same amount of runs. It's just that many of you run, get right back in line and run again. What's the point of that?

So we can at least get some runs in since we have to wait. Hour there, hour in the pits, same thing.
Do you expect to go any faster getting right back in line and going again? My car runs faster when it is cooler.
quote:
Maybe there are more street cars that provide more money, but who do people pay to see? Not you.....
TnT is not a spectator event. The stands are pretty empty regardless of how many sub 9 seconds cars show up.

My car is far from sub 9's.

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never said it was.
And if I sit in the lanes for an hour or more, the car is plenty cool.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Even though the rule for wed nights is now nothing faster than 12.0, they wont kick you out for that. They are trying to keep the trailor queens away from wed night racing because of the noise. As long as your car is legal for the speed you are running and quiet, they wont complain.

As for the TNT garbage, I think Jim is on to something. Make sure you get a number in lane 3 or 4 [patriot]

Here we go with the trailor queen shit again! Don't hate cause you are jealous. Just because I don't feel like switching tires, spending a fortune in gas and wearing out my valve springs, makes me a trailor queen? I say it makes me smart. When I first started racing my mustang, it ran 13.7 with a stock 351c N/A and I drove it everywhere, including the track. But the faster you go, the more shit you break, no matter what you drive. At the track I have snapped an axle, blown a head gasket, put holes in 5 cylinders, broke the spring perches on my rear end causing me to bend the drive line and lost a starter. That would be at least 4 times I would have needed a tow.
And as far as limiting the street cars, IT'S ABOUT FUKKING TIME!!!

[worship] couldnt have said it any better.except i dont think i have killed a starter.......... [Big Grin]

[ March 16, 2004, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: HaulnAssMaro ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have always claimed my car is what my sig says a "STREETCAR"............but hell since everyone disagrees I might as well get to take advantage of what evryone considers it to really be [patriot]

[ March 16, 2004, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: HaulnAssMaro ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com