Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TnT 3/13 Sac. Sucked for street cars. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: TnT 3/13 Sac. Sucked for street cars.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, they are enforcing the "limited runs for street cars" rule. Less tha a third of the trailered parts breakers than last week, but the street cars still had to sit while they ran repeatedly.

And w/ the limitation on Wed. nights to 12.0 and no slicks (hope they allow ET Streets), how are the fast street cars supposed to get any track time? Next time. i am going to get a lane 4 number, damnit.

Played with the ram air today, made no difference.

W/ RA;
1.64 12.22 at 111.08 w/ car severely heat soaked. so much for the great 60.

1.66 12.17 at 112.12

W/out RA

1.67 12.17 at 111.53
1.68 12.14 at 112.22

all through the stock airbox w/ K&N.

[ March 13, 2004, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
now, I've been hearing about this limited run stuff...what's the story behind that??

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.sacramentoraceway.com
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
may be limited to 3 passes? are you joking me? And what do they classify as street legal?

hell, if I show up on slicks do I get more runs?

That's horrible. I'm withg you on this now, what if I'm running 12.0 or faster...when do I get to run?

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even though the rule for wed nights is now nothing faster than 12.0, they wont kick you out for that. They are trying to keep the trailor queens away from wed night racing because of the noise. As long as your car is legal for the speed you are running and quiet, they wont complain.

As for the TNT garbage, I think Jim is on to something. Make sure you get a number in lane 3 or 4 [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now that i havent been able to make it to the TNTs, seems the whole place is going to hell in a handbasket..hahaha. Sorry guys. Jim if i were you, that ram air would be off like a prom dress.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
Now that i havent been able to make it to the TNTs, seems the whole place is going to hell in a handbasket..hahaha. Sorry guys. Jim if i were you, that ram air would be off like a prom dress.

LOL! Yup. The first two runs were with and then I pulled it for the last two. Sittin' in a box, prolly headed for eBay.
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3 runs?! screw that man.
guess we should update our ram air article...

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Even though the rule for wed nights is now nothing faster than 12.0, they wont kick you out for that. They are trying to keep the trailor queens away from wed night racing because of the noise. As long as your car is legal for the speed you are running and quiet, they wont complain.

As for the TNT garbage, I think Jim is on to something. Make sure you get a number in lane 3 or 4 [patriot]

Here we go with the trailor queen shit again! Don't hate cause you are jealous. Just because I don't feel like switching tires, spending a fortune in gas and wearing out my valve springs, makes me a trailor queen? I say it makes me smart. When I first started racing my mustang, it ran 13.7 with a stock 351c N/A and I drove it everywhere, including the track. But the faster you go, the more shit you break, no matter what you drive. At the track I have snapped an axle, blown a head gasket, put holes in 5 cylinders, broke the spring perches on my rear end causing me to bend the drive line and lost a starter. That would be at least 4 times I would have needed a tow.
And as far as limiting the street cars, IT'S ABOUT FUKKING TIME!!!

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Why?
Is your $45 worth more than mine? WELL, IS IT MAGGOT?!!

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i can see limiting the street cars on non drag racing tires to 3 runs, to keep good rubber on the track

anyone on slicks, et streets or drags "or equvalent" or or drag radials, so get to run as much as they want

jim "fasterdamnit" is on slicks, he should not be limited to 3 runs

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We all pay the same, we should get the same amount of runs. I'm wondering how they classify a car as a street car? Do I just take the plates off the car put some stickers on it along with my slicks and skinnies load it on a trailer and then I can run as much as I want?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If they limit the runs then they should charge less period. I actualy go on both sides of the fence on this LOL. and it isn't fair from either view.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its obvious that they want the street cars to show up on Wednesdays and the race cars on Saturdays.

And yes our $45.00 is worth way more than yours. Considering that is about 5% of what it costs to run a race car on any given day.

If I had it my way I would charge around 150.00 to 200.00 for all the racecars and ban all the street cars on Saturdays.

--------------------
I like cars.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$45=$45.

I think they should charge every car that breaks and oils down the track a fine based on how long it takes to clean up. And gee, wonder which ones do that more often?

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I totally agree that it sucks when people oil down the track. It also takes a long time because of the equipment and traning of the staff cleaning up the mess. But, that's what you get when you have Hillbilly Joe building a 9 second car out of an engine from a 1978 LTD. You could have a rule about leaking like Vegas does. If you leak anything you get a warning at first. If you do it again you have to pack it up!

If you want more runs then build a racecar. If not go to the street and race. Thats free....lol

--------------------
I like cars.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

It is a race car.
I race it almost every single weekend. Just ask Dave Jr. W/ the new motor it will get a roll cage and all the rest to be legal to 10's. And I will drive it to the track. So when Kevin Locke was driving his notch to the track on drag radials and knocking off mid 9's, he should have been considered a street car? [BS flag]

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

If it is a race car then what are you complaining about? I see that you will be able to enter the holy grail section and get as many runs as you want.

But, I guess you could look at this way as maybe the Sac crew is looking at it. Do you acually race your "race car"

--------------------
I like cars.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Yup.

A few trophies to prove it. Too cheap to enter the money classes.

Drove all the way down to Palmdale twice to race. And then drive back. In the race car.

pics-
http://www.californiafords.com/images/drag/03_09_03/

http://www.californiafords.com/images/drag/09_21_02/

[ March 15, 2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yellow67stang:

If I had it my way I would charge around 150.00 to 200.00 for all the racecars and ban all the street cars on Saturdays.

Well, if we all kept our "street" cars @ home and left Saturday test and tune for the "race" cars, you would get your wish. They would have to charge $150-$200 just to keep the track open.

Brian

[ March 15, 2004, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: TheBrain ]

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Like I said before you should have nothing to complain about. Your car has raced and you race it so, its a racecar. Doesnt matter how fast it is.

Brian, I would pay 150 to 200 for a closed TNT to just a handfull of cars. I believe they do that on the Friday test days but I may be wrong since I hardly go to that track.

--------------------
I like cars.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

If I have to sit for over an hour in the lanes and watch other cars run three times while I wait, then, yeah, I have something to complain about.
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

ok, so I am confused. You say that you have a race car. You HAVE in fact raced it before. So, why are you waiting in the lines with the street cars?

--------------------
I like cars.

Supercharged Saleen
¯
Member # 2760

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercharged Saleen  Ford pictures for Supercharged Saleen  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who do you guys think makes the track more money? Steetcars or race cars. So if only race cars showed up at Sac raceway, how long do you think that they would be open?
Posts: 36 | From: Placerville Ca | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

They probably make more money with all the Div. 7 racing that takes place there and other big weekend race events. They could probably survive without street cars on TNT days. Hence the ruling of only 3 passes. I bet they figure if your dumb enough to pay 45.00 for three passes then come on down and sit in the sun. But, it is not a big loss to them if you dont.

--------------------
I like cars.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com