Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Saw some of you at Infineon 3/10(wed night)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Saw some of you at Infineon 3/10(wed night)
Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was in Dublin, and saw quite a few of you guys for the first time. I was blown away at how much the Mustang world has changed since I sold my last(out of 14 I have owned) Stang. You guys do it right.

Anyway, I was out at Infineon last night tuning my buddy's 9 second car(I wasnt racing this time, in my Mark VIII). I saw a couple Mustangs I recognized from the Dublin meet.

A sweet red Mustang with a cool hood that has the two scoops on the sides of the hood, and the tall-ass Cobra R rear spoiler(very tall spoiler). Whoever you are...thats a nice ride. I saw your e.t.'s so dont even think of telling "stretchers" here! [Smile] ok j/k

I also saw the gray Fox body with the Blue headlight covers, and the altezza tail lights. man, whoever you are, we need to get you some traction. Way overpowered your rear tires, not to mention Infineon has NO traction anyway. It must really suck making rear wheel torque, only to have a track that can hold it. Nice job of driving it though. Most would have just sat there and spun. You nursed it pretty good to salvage some good times.

it was good to see a few of you guys from here. Someone needs to introduce themselves to me on 3/20, so I can film your car when you drag race it(so I know who you are), and post it here for others to see.

I am the guy with the Blacked out Mark VIII(part of the group of Lincoln owners who came to dublin). I am a drag racer big time, but mostly work to help sort out my buddy's 9 second car, lately.

Nice to see you guys out there. bad ass cars. keep up the cool site, and look forward to seeing you on 3/20!

[ March 11, 2004, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Blackicelsc ]

--------------------
94 black/black Mark VIII
97 LSC red/graphite Mark VIII
Vice President GGM8
Black Ice LSC

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you notice something weird.. Most of the 5.0s were runing 15s @ Sears Point....

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Bryan Mark VII
Member # 4116

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bryan Mark VII  Ford pictures for Bryan Mark VII    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought the Black Mark8 on the other side of the fence looked familier. Dont know if you noticed but i got my first 14 second timeslip that night

Bryan

deanp
¯
Member # 4277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for deanp  Ford pictures for deanp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the 9 second car a green coupe because that was the car I remember pulling 9's?
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sears point sucks go to SAC!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why does the NHRA rate sears point as one of the top three fasteset tracks in the country??? Hmmmmmm..........I've run faster at sears point than at sac, but maybe it's just me............

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac sucks, go to SEARS POINT [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Sac sucks, go to SEARS POINT [Wink]

You're just sayin' that becuase you live hella close to Sears point...Sac rocks! [patriot]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMFAO, yes I am [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sears Point is one of the fastest tracks in the USA, as long as the track is prepped(NHRA-style). Wednesday nights, mid-week, windy, debris from a whole wek of no one on the track, fog overnight, etc.

In the summer(aug-Autolite Nats), they spend 2-3 days VHT-ing the whole surface. Weather conditions are usually ideal, and the adjusted altitude can often be BELOW sea-level, with moist air. Translation?= horsepower!!!

Sac= back-woods, run-down facility, that for some reason has some killer 60 ft times, and a slight tail wind. The air is good from the Sierra's nearby, but come July, you feel like you are in the desert.

I have raced Sears for over 15 yrs, and weekend events can offer 2/10ths-4/10ths improved ET's. its all about the track's condition, and the time of day.

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com