Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TNT This Friday (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: TNT This Friday
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm hoping to have my camcorder back today or tomorrow. If I have it I will bring it and we will make Drew the video man.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just discovered a small problem with going to the track on Friday. My helmet and SFI jacket are up in Redding [Mad]

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you go to tech just tell them it runs 14s [Smile]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:
I just discovered a small problem with going to the track on Friday. My helmet and SFI jacket are up in Redding [Mad]

Brian

Ill be there tomorrow as spectator. I can bring my helmet if you want to borrow it.
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man Rhett you need to get a car!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we'll be out, just put motor back together after replacing two pistons!
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not going to make it.
UPS just showed up with my newest mod and I need to work things a bit to make sure it fits right

Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same here. Won't start.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Same here. Won't start.

edit:bad, bad, bad. Distributer doesn't turn when cranking. fuck. tear down tomorrow.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So you crank the motor and the rotor doesnn't spin? Oil pump shaft? Stripped dist gear?

[ September 19, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man how did that happen Jim.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Workin on it. dist gear is fine, but I notice no oil pressure when cranking. Drove the pump w/ a drill- pressure great. Bottom line- cam isn't turning. That means chain/gears/pin in cam. I 'll pull the cover in the morning.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lets hope no valves kissed any pistons.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Not during start up. Never ran.
The timing chain was busted due to an errant nut tha bunchmyfunky fished out of the pan w/ a magnet. New chain goin in right after some lunch and Gatorade...

1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim is that under warranty with 93pony custom cam installs? You know that tech that which to a off the shelf cam to make better power. [Wink]

[ September 20, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by 1320MASTER:
Jim is that under warranty with 93pony custom cam installs? You know that tech that which to a off the shelf cam to make better power. [Wink]

Well, as to the first part, he didn't drop that nut- it matches the single one for the new intake (I thought the kit was short one- guess not.) I must have done it.
As to the second- HUH? try again in english [Razz]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So this nut was hanging out somewhere under the timing chain cover for a while, finally decided to do some damage when you tried to start your car several months later, and then peacefully fell into the oil pan? Talk about lucky. You should take the opportunity to stick in another cam (B303) and see if you lose/gain anything [Big Grin]
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
So this nut was hanging out somewhere under the timing chain cover for a while, finally decided to do some damage when you tried to start your car several months later, and then peacefully fell into the oil pan? Talk about lucky. You should take the opportunity to stick in another cam (B303) and see if you lose/gain anything [Big Grin]

You guys are dense. The nut came from this intake install, Fri. Had the dist. hole uncovered about 1/2 the day. No luck, just my idiocy. Get it yet? Or you would you like a sign-language interpreter?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Where was it written you installed a new intake on Saturday? [Confused] So what's the new intake?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
The nut came from this intake install, Fri.

Get some glasses.

I never posted that in the beginning. I did say it was probably my fault. You just took the opportunity to make an assumption and take a shot at someone you don't like.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

I still like my version of the story better [Razz] I also still think you should stick in a B-cam, or maybe a F. What shot did I take and who don't I like? 1320MASTER ? I don't even know who he is [Confused]
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Why stick in an alphabet cam?
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:

Why not? Did that custom one show much gain?

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:

If you want ~1 MPH over an E303/TFS1 cam, there is no need to do any sort of critical thinking. Hmmmm, what comes after the letter "E"? Ah yes, F. F303 it is [Big Grin] .... or.... Hmmmm, what comes after TFS-1. Ah yes... TFS-2 it is. See how that easy was? I'm sure both will show similar improvements if not more [Smile] I guess it just broke my heart that you stuck in a "custom cam" in your hard running "classifieds parts" combo. A $75 used F303 would fit the spirit of your combo better [patriot]
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Poor baby.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com