Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Mustang Madness at Sacramento Raceway Saturday Night 9/27. (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mustang Madness at Sacramento Raceway Saturday Night 9/27.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There were quite a few impressive old-schools. Really, the only foxbody that impressed me was a green 93 LX. SUPER clean car. In just as good of condition as my Cobra. Mods were Edelbrock performer heads, Cobra intake, off-road exhaust (shorties), S-trim pushing 7lbs, & the proper tune. First run of the day was an 11.99 @114mph, 1.69 60ft. Heat soak & lack of traction prevented any better times. This guy took me out in the first round of eliminations with a 12.4 to my 12.7. (dail in 12.35 to 12.55)

Heather took the keys & bested her time again....12.75, my best was a pair of 12.55's.....I was having traction issues for some reason (mid 1.8 60's). Drew took the keys once & clicked off a 12.34.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well said [patriot]

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
There were quite a few impressive old-schools. Really, the only foxbody that impressed me was a green 93 LX. SUPER clean car. In just as good of condition as my Cobra. Mods were Edelbrock performer heads, Cobra intake, off-road exhaust (shorties), S-trim pushing 7lbs, & the proper tune. First run of the day was an 11.99 @114mph, 1.69 60ft. Heat soak & lack of traction prevented any better times. This guy took me out in the first round of eliminations with a 12.4 to my 12.7. (dail in 12.35 to 12.55)

Heather took the keys & bested her time again....12.75, my best was a pair of 12.55's.....I was having traction issues for some reason (mid 1.8 60's). Drew took the keys once & clicked off a 12.34.

that green 93 is craigs car he always runs at infineon real good driver usually hits 12.1's at infineon and has hit 11.4 121 at sac before with same combo put a pulley change

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah i went there also and my runs were pathetic.. My 60s were in low 2.0x's and kept hitting 14s.. The funny thing is that 1st run i hit 14.7 then 2nd @ 14.5 then 14.3 then 14.1 then 13.99 i couldnt lower my 60's because my drag radials are close to bald [Big Grin] When i first got my Dr's back in June i ran 13.7 @ 102 on a 1.93 60 if i can lower it to 1.90 or 1.80s i wil be in low 13s for sure and i know i can hit that mark with the same setup..

Headers
Pullies
H pipe
CAI
King Cobra Clutch

__

Pretty much stock - Maybe someone seen me there with the plates that said "AL STOCK"

LOLL did anyone see that red 4dr lexus?

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I was about to say that green LX sounds familiar.

So it was mostly an 'old school stang' night?

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually, there were mostly foxbody & newer stangs. It's just that the old schools that were there....were impressive. My first race was a LOT closer then I thought it would be. Ran an old Couger. Don't know what it had, but I got it out of the hole & it passed me at the top of the track! Later I saw a dial in of 12.1 on it. I'm guessing it was all-motor as 1/8th mile trap on the one run was 89 & 1/4 was 111mph.

Thuglife,
Yeah, I saw you there....you parked next to me...I was in the all-blue 91GT.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I rally wanted to be there for that. Unfortunately though, I was waiting on parts as usual.

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was out there. Hotter than shit till about 6ish. My car is slow...Nobody can figure out why. I got a lot of compliments on my car though, including one over the loudspeaker by the announcer which was pretty cool. I ran a best of 15.09@92mph (Still dont know why the MPH was so low)....Handed Drew the keys and he took a few passes and got a best of 15.01@93mph.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowFiveOh94:
Handed Drew the keys and he took a few passes and got a best of 15.01@93mph.

that means you can drive! ... or you can pull a plug wire real stealthily [Razz]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CMELEVU  Ford pictures for CMELEVU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Actually, there were mostly foxbody & newer stangs. It's just that the old schools that were there....were impressive. My first race was a LOT closer then I thought it would be. Ran an old Couger. Don't know what it had, but I got it out of the hole & it passed me at the top of the track! Later I saw a dial in of 12.1 on it. I'm guessing it was all-motor as 1/8th mile trap on the one run was 89 & 1/4 was 111mph.

Thuglife,
Yeah, I saw you there....you parked next to me...I was in the all-blue 91GT.

That cougar is a friend of mine. Its a 351w with a 150 shot on it. Weird how the last run he unpluged the exhaust and slowed to a 12.5 [Confused] Anyone know the guy with the lime green 65/66 fastback. That car was f-n awesome to watch run.
Posts: 201 | From: Marysville | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got there really late. Fastest runnin I saw was the '85/'86 red hatch. 10.8's w/a stick-fuckin cool! [worship]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-:
quote:
Originally posted by SlowFiveOh94:
Handed Drew the keys and he took a few passes and got a best of 15.01@93mph.

that means you can drive! ... or you can pull a plug wire real stealthily [Razz]
Oops, I meant to put 15.01@92mph was drews best time. In the breakdown his reaction was a little better than mine, my 60ft was a little better than his, his ET was a little better than mine, my MPH was a little better than his. Granted he only took 2 passes though.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com