Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Went to Sac Last Night 8/20

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Went to Sac Last Night 8/20
Tryin2GoFast
¯
Member # 3166

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tryin2GoFast  Ford pictures for Tryin2GoFast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Finally got a time out of the car,14.982 @ 93.95 with a 2.38 60'. I only made three passes coul;d have made 5 or 6 easily (lane three would pass all the way thorugh everytime, while other lanesd where being skipped before finishing the whole group.) The car is basically a stock AOD with gears. Is there room for improvement, or was it milked right. I think i could maybe get the 60' down to 2.2 and get a little more in the 14's. Well, now i know where i'm at, slappin on shorites, U/D's, and CAI and back for more. Who else was out there.......

--------------------
89 Notchback with H/C/I Totaled 5/04
90 Black LX Hatch 310/330 AFR/Perfromer/FTI Gettin sydways in a lane near you!

Posts: 278 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not bad. What gears do you have? Pullies should get you to the 95 mph range. Headers probably won't help much, but an off road H pipe will.

I wasn't there yesterday, but I did recieve an invitation to go on Friday the 22nd [Cool]

Tryin2GoFast
¯
Member # 3166

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tryin2GoFast  Ford pictures for Tryin2GoFast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 3.55 and i already have an offroad H but it was a dual cat H that had the cats welded out but it still is 2.5". Hopefully will get the headers, u/d, and pulleys before wednsday and run a 14.5 or so...............

--------------------
89 Notchback with H/C/I Totaled 5/04
90 Black LX Hatch 310/330 AFR/Perfromer/FTI Gettin sydways in a lane near you!

Posts: 278 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pullies, no air silencer, 180 degree thermostat and a high RPM stall converter will really wake up your AOD 5.O.
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds about right, first time I took my car to the track with stock AOD and 3.55's it ran a 14.95 at I think 92 or 93. I later swaped to 3.73's and just recently 4.10's so if your thinking of 3.73's save yourself a step and go 4.10's. they will improve your et.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com